• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ladies!! Or men who wear make up.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I always think that mascara makes my eyes look kinda gross. I have really long/thick lashes without it. One time when i had mascara on, someone thought they were fake eyelashes. :( Has anyone ever thinned out their eyelashes before?

^ yes, but I think thinning causes some of them to stop growing back. It was OK when I didn't care ... now they are naturally thinning a bit more in my forties and I'm not as happy about that.

oops.... I should stop doing that then... but they just drive me nuts when they get stuck to each other or the top lashes get tangled with the lower. :(

Wow, talk about wanting what you don't have! I didn't know there was a such thing as wishing your lashes were thinner! You can give me your spare eyelashes!!

T

ThatGirl

chanel inimitable

buy here. cheap + free shipping.

Is that your website? Or just a coincidence?

Anyway, thanks to everyone who replied. I have tried the Definicils and didn't like it as much. What I loved about the Intencils was that you put one layer on and it lengthens, you put another layer (it had micro fibers) it lengthened more.

The ones I have tried where you use the two steps do tend to flake and aren't quite as creamy. Lol, at putting it in your pocket. I actually tuck mine under my leg while I am driving to work, then apply it while I am waiting in the Starbucks drive through. I agree warm is better, though when I have left mine in the car, the excessive heat caused it to lose its structure and it became clay like.

To the people complaining about too many long dark lashes....bite me. Lol, jk, but seriously. I just don't know what to say.

I will try some of the brands you guys stated and report back. If anyone has any skin care suggestions, I am open to those too. :D

Thanks again guys.

Edit: I may try Epicuren again. If I remember right, I was really impressed by the quality.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
P191100_LARGE.jpg

Exceptionnel de Chanel Intense Volume and Curl Mascara

Shu+Uemura+Eye+Lash+Curler.jpg

i always, always curl my lashes before i put on mascara.
i use the standard shu uemura curler. and i run it under
my hair dryer to warm it up before i curl. three motions,
base of eyelashes, mid and tips. it just opens up my eyes.

i apply mascara downwards first, (near eyelid and stroke down)
before i stroke upwards under the lashes.

5914825826_e556b7c1c7_z.jpg

5914829554_87d23e57d6_m.jpg

i like feathery lashes.

i also wear a lot of lashes from shu uemura's lash bar.

oh god and i loveeeee benefit's badgal lash. in plum. <3
benefit+mascara+bad+gal+lash+plum.jpg

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils
Luxurious Mascara in Noir Radical.

images

I have long eyelashes, so I value volumizing mascara, and this does a wonderful job and I have found none blacker.

I wore DiorShow Iconic for a while, and that is very good for lengthening, but I wanted more volume.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils
Luxurious Mascara in Noir Radical.

images

I have long eyelashes, so I value volumizing mascara, and this does a wonderful job and I have found none blacker.

I wore DiorShow Iconic for a while, and that is very good for lengthening, but I wanted more volume.

YSL has great mascara. I find Dior tends to produce heavy products.

9LL7_311x311.jpg

Estee Lauder has the best mascara formulas , in my opinion. (Double Wear is my favorite mascara)

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
Is that your website? Or just a coincidence?

no, it's not my website TG.

i've tried loads of mascaras, but i always tend to come back to chanel inimitable. the brush is nice and small, and it's lengthening/doesn't clump.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I use the maybelline pink bottle kind... my eyelashes are pretty dark so it's mostly just on the ends of the lashes that I use it. If it clumps a little I poke it with my fingers and it separates. It might be the cheapest kind that does the job...

:yes:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I used to like that stuff because it does the trick and is so so cheap, but the last time I bought it I started noticing it flaking off into my eyes like crazy all day....super annoying. It's possible I got a bad bottle, though (or started rubbing my eyes more, or something).

F

figsfiggyfigs

I use the maybelline pink bottle kind... my eyelashes are pretty dark so it's mostly just on the ends of the lashes that I use it. If it clumps a little I poke it with my fingers and it separates. It might be the cheapest kind that does the job...

URGH. I HATE that crap. It flakes, it dries out your lashes, and always makes them fall out.

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't bother with mascara... I have rather dark, nicely shaped eyelashes, and so mascara provides minimal improvement for the hassle of putting it on. Well applied eyeliner I find more useful for emphasizing my lashes, because it makes them look thicker at the base. I guess if I found mascara that actually made a big difference I'd use it, but it'd only be useful occasionally, because it'd look too dramatic for day time wear, and most of my evenings are spent with either a book or my laptop.

gromit

likes this
Oh weird I don't notice it flaking that much, only if I were to do bottom lashes, but I don't, for that reason. Besides, a thin line of liner at the bottom lashes works just as well/better for shaping the bottom of my eyes...

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love Too Faced Lash Injection. It's one of the thickest mascaras out there.... for lengthening, you might want to try Lash Injection Pinpoint.
It's extreme, so expect a thick coat. Smells really good too.

A

Anew Leaf

What kind of eyeliners do you girls like?

I have several I run through:

Urban Decay liquid and pencil. (I love the teal green one <3)

Can't remember name brand... Nyx? maybe. It's one that comes in a jar that looks like eye shadow.

I am always on the lookout for more eyeliners though :p Which I really shouldn't be considering how much make up I own.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Can't remember name brand... Nyx? maybe. It's one that comes in a jar that looks like eye shadow.

I am always on the lookout for more eyeliners though :p Which I really shouldn't be considering how much make up I own.

i like using black eyeshadow with a flat eyeliner brush that i get wet before i use. i like using a brush a lot more than a pencil because it's easier to get a nice, clean line.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9

My eyes look weird with anything much beyond minimalist makeup, to the point of mystifying even salon makeup people.

So I only wear eyeliner (liquid) on my top lids; thin line at the top/ middle of the eye, thicker along the outer edges and a slight curve up and out at the outer corners. Saw it in a magazine once, loved it, works for me, has been my signature look ever since. Stolen from '40s glamor, but a much less dramatic version of it, with no other elements of glamor to go with it. :laugh:

I don't really mind what brand, usually prefer the kind in a little bottle w a tiny brush because I find it easier to apply the way I like. So it's usually Almay or Revlon, dark brown, for an almost-natural look to bring out my eyes from otherwise blonde-lashed invisibility. Might look natural to guys, but women know better, right?

rav3n

YSL has great mascara. I find Dior tends to produce heavy products.

9LL7_311x311.jpg

Estee Lauder has the best mascara formulas , in my opinion. (Double Wear is my favorite mascara)
Considering your eyelashes which are amazing, this sounds like a worthwhile try!

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My fave is gel eyeliners.... I mainly use Mac Fluidline with a 263 brush. Gels are the best, imo.
When I want a liquid, I've been using Mac Superslick but it's a little watery for me. Haven't really found a great liquid yet.....
Lower- I usually use a white pencil on my waterline... I've been using Urban Decay, but it's too glossy for my needs.
Under my waterline I also use a pencil... using UD right now. The pencils are creamy in consistency, and smudge more easily than say, Lancome's. I like the less creamy variety, actually, but it's all about preference.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok here's hoping the quote notification thing works so you see this - quoted from member thread since it fits better here:

Alt3ql.jpg

I suck at flat ironing

Want to share what eye makeup you're wearing here? It looks awesome.