• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ladies!! Or men who wear make up.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't speak about dedicated undereye primers, only general ones. I was disappointed by Illamasqua. Smashbox is fine, MUFE is good, and Sephora brand is very comparable to MUFE, and in your price range at $14 USD. HTH.

Hmmm, haven't tried the MUFE or Sephora ones yet...
I'm using Tarte Clean Slate now, and it's a similar, healthier alternative to Smashbox. It's lighter than the Smashbox original formula. I like it. Smashbox is my fave. I like the heaviness of the original formula, because I have dry skin.
I don't like the Bare Escentuals one.... it's more like a very light, runny, sticky moisturizer. It came in a kit, so.... can't wait to get through it ha.
I've tested the Sephora one in the store, and it does seem like a good alternative at a good price.

I've never used an undereye primer..... I just use my makeup primer in those areas, and it seems to work well.

I prefer silicone-based primers.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've honestly never heard of this primer stuff. I'm picturing a thin liquid that looks invisible when dry and you put it all over your face, is that accurate? And it actually does stuff to make it worth the cost (which I'm guessing would be equivalent to foundation)?

That green primer might be helpful as I do have a pretty red face that also blushes easily (starting to suspect mild rosacea) although I'd be pretty paranoid about it showing green/odd under different lighting conditions!

I'm not much of a makeup person and time is a big bonus to me so I don't want it if it takes all day to apply properly but if I can just smear it all over and go, that might be ok. I wear concealer almost every day and mascara most days, that's all for makeup and it takes me about 2 minutes to do, which is nice.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Randomnity, my sister gave me one of those Lauren Hutton face disks, and I loooooove the concealers in that kit. I'm sure you can just buy the concealer from her line, too. Great color, great consistency, doesn't settle into fine lines.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've honestly never heard of this primer stuff. I'm picturing a thin liquid that looks invisible when dry and you put it all over your face, is that accurate? And it actually does stuff to make it worth the cost (which I'm guessing would be equivalent to foundation)?

That green primer might be helpful as I do have a pretty red face that also blushes easily (starting to suspect mild rosacea) although I'd be pretty paranoid about it showing green/odd under different lighting conditions!

I'm not much of a makeup person and time is a big bonus to me so I don't want it if it takes all day to apply properly but if I can just smear it all over and go, that might be ok. I wear concealer almost every day and mascara most days, that's all for makeup and it takes me about 2 minutes to do, which is nice.

Many types are more like a clear, gel-like but still liquidy, substance lol.....(I'm not so good at descriptions :)) Some are really very thin and others are thicker... the smashbox original formula is the thickest I have found. You are pretty much correct in your description, for the most part..... i would just add "gel-like" for many brands.
It's definitely worth the added effort to me, but I like improvements on that end, so....
It is a "smear it on and go" product.... basically can just apply it with your fingers and it takes less than a minute. It does need to dry for a minute or two before you apply makeup over it.
It will add a few minutes to your routine, but it also will allow your concealer to stay on longer..... I suppose it depends on how important that is to you. Might want to buy a cheap bottle and just experiment. :) I think it's fun though, so..... of course I would think that. :D

(Primer also smooths and perfects, and my makeup goes on more evenly .... it glides on, but since you don't wear foundation, I suppose that isn't applicable... It should also allow smoother application of your concealer, though).

I would not wear the colors without makeup over them..... but under foundations or concealers, they will just blend and won't show as green at all, unless you use a huge amount. It's meant to be used sparingly....with low ratio of green, and really has very little effect that I have seen...... Of course, I personally don't use the colors.... haven't gotten to them yet too much, but I would like to experiment more.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

:yes: You've got the right idea, the word "primer" sounds like an automotive undercoat, but it is not, its much like you describe. Primer doesn't require intensive matching/blending like foundation and can even out tone, reduce shine, and help your concealer stay where you need it. It doesn't have the potential to become cakey if used on its own. Its nice for summer for those reasons. There is concern if you have very dry skin it could possibly emphasize that, so you should test before committing. Tinted moisturizer might be a better alternative if dry skin is an issue.

Your concern about color is understandable. I have fair skin, but am warm toned (more yellow than blue), there are certain shades of yellow I cannot wear because I start to look slightly sallow. I would kill on sight any kind of face product that gave me a green cast, but my redness canceling primer (rosey nosey when its cold :blush:) does no such thing. Sephora always refunds products, altho they don't refund mailing costs on Canadian orders. Best of luck