• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ladies!! Or men who wear make up.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My lashes are already pretty dark etc, but I use Maybelline Volum' Express when I want to be a bit fancier. It's not given me any issues, and it works nicely. I just definitely prefer the outlook of "If it works well, and it's fairly cheap, then it's mine"

I do need to grab some damn liquid eyeliner, however. I miss that stuff!

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Chanel Inimitable in Noir Brun (brown)

I like it because it really separates the lashes with the brush, and the color is tres natural.

Edit

I just noticed lots of you gals wear it! I knew it was a great product when I started wearing it in '09, and I'm glad you all agree.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Ask Cze Cze!

Upon you ladies' recommendations, I went out and got some Rimmel Sexy Curves. The verdict? I like it!

G

Glycerine

What kind of eyeliners do you girls like?

I have several I run through:

Urban Decay liquid and pencil. (I love the teal green one <3)

Can't remember name brand... Nyx? maybe. It's one that comes in a jar that looks like eye shadow.

I am always on the lookout for more eyeliners though :p Which I really shouldn't be considering how much make up I own.
Victoria's Secret pencil eyeliner is the best! It's SO soft that you hardly feel it going on your eyelid and its only like 12 bucks.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I like Chanel's "le crayon kohl" in noir. It's perfect for bottom-inner-lid application.

F

figsfiggyfigs

You can get your eyebrows permed? Who knew?

560-image-1.jpg

lash_perm_pic.jpg

eyelash-perming-beauty-treatment-300x232.jpg

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
Right now I'm using the new Maybelline falsies mascara and I really like it. Before this, I wore the Maybelline xxl pro extensions which I really like as well. For eye liner, I like the Revlon colorstay liquid liner.

I also wanted to rave about the Maybelline superstay 24 lipcolor. I was skeptical, but it works awesomely and looks really good.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But the result looks identical, and it looks like way more of a hassle/possibly dangerous to eyes?....what am I missing?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
It looks great, but what in the heck are they perming them with, so close to the eyeball? That scares the crap out of me.

T

ThatGirl

I think it is a thio solution, same as they use to perm hair. Its not supposed to be applied heavily enough to drip into the eye. It might even be a gel. I'm not sure never tried it.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
tried the rimmel sexycurves mascara. I like it a lot so far! Hopefully it doesn't get goopy as it gets a little older.

.....any suggestions for concealing really dark blue undereye circles? Not puffy at all, just discoloured. My current best strategy seems to be liquid concealer all under the eye followed by solid stick concealer dotted carefully away from the wrinkle-prone areas, but it still doesn't cover everything, just makes them a little less scary, and it also seems to wear off throughout the day. I hate liquid foundation but I guess if it's necessary I can try it. Powder isn't helpful - doesn't conceal and also settles into all the cracks.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
.....any suggestions for concealing really dark blue undereye circles? Not puffy at all, just discoloured.

I don't think it's possible to completely cover dark circles and still look human. Ha..... With all of the methods I have tried, I can always still see shadows there.

My current best strategy seems to be liquid concealer all under the eye followed by solid stick concealer dotted carefully away from the wrinkle-prone areas, but it still doesn't cover everything, just makes them a little less scary, and it also seems to wear off throughout the day.

Do you use a makeup primer? That will give your makeup more staying power.

I hate liquid foundation but I guess if it's necessary I can try it. Powder isn't helpful - doesn't conceal and also settles into all the cracks.

Liquid foundation seems to work best for me. As you've seen, powder just settles into the lines. I use no powder, but I do use powder blush, bronzers, and illuminators on occasion, and they seem to look ok, without settling into the lines. I use Mac Fix+ to set my makeup. It's not as good as powder for setting, but it works well enough, and it adds radiance. I use a Mac 187 brush to "dot" it on all over my face. I love this product.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hi Randomnity, consider a skin primer potion (one that is not merely eyeshadow primer) to counteract the color and to keep concealers staying in place and smooth. Primers can often be worn without applying foundation on top and can help diffuse shine. Sometimes I use a redness correcting primer which appears green in the bottle but does not show up that way. Here are some options. I have used Sephora and Smashbox brand primers before. I haven't used Korres primer, but I do enjoy their other wonderful natural skincare products. These may be worth trying out.

Korres brand 3-in-1 primer, corrector, and antiaging product for the eyes

Smashbox brand photo finish color correcting foundation primer in apricot

Sephora brand perfecting eye primer

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
google tells me that some likely options are:

-radiant touch/touche eclat by YSL - looks like it costs a fortune though
-makeup forever by sephora - mixed reviews, some very positive
-dermablend quick fix
-timeBalm
-Cover FX
-smashbox high definition
-l'oreal touche magique
-rimmel recover anti-fatique (on the cheaper/less effective end)

So many options.....every place I look suggests different ones. Any positive or negative experiences with any of these (or others)? I don't want to find out by buying a bunch of crap that doesn't work. I'll put my cap at 30$ for something that is absolutely amazing, but would prefer to spend much less.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wore make up once, (Amsterdam themed party, I was going as a hooker), I don't understand how you can sacrifice yourselves so much to wear that crap! Ok granted, it was laid pretty thick on me, but still, that stuff is so annoying! It's like you have a snake on your face. It makes you feel very uncomfortable and whatever you do you can't touch it or you'll get bitten! IN THE FACE!

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Any positive or negative experiences with any of these (or others)? I don't want to find out by buying a bunch of crap that doesn't work. I'll put my cap at 30$ for something that is absolutely amazing, but would prefer to spend much less.

I can't speak about dedicated undereye primers, only general ones. I was disappointed by Illamasqua. Smashbox is fine, MUFE is good, and Sephora brand is very comparable to MUFE, and in your price range at $14 USD. HTH.