• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Minor headaches and nausea

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It doesn't happen every morning, but on some days, I'll wake up with a slight headache, or feeling somewhat nauseated; almost disorientated. Why is this? Is there any way I can stop it?

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
How many times a day do you eat, and or how big are your meals?

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
Are you sleeping in a funny position, with the right amount of pillows and such?

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Maybe your pregnant??
If not then some natural medicines can stop nausea. Eg Ginger is very good in that.
Also try some fresh lemon juice in some water.
Also great is Tamarind paste in some water, its good for liver. It also rids the nausea IMMEADIATELY.
Hope that helps :)

EDIT: OOps i just realised ur a man! lol and cannot get pregnant.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It doesn't happen every morning, but on some days, I'll wake up with a slight headache, or feeling somewhat nauseated; almost disorientated. Why is this? Is there any way I can stop it?
How long has this been going on? My son had that for several days, except the headache was severe - right behind his eyebrow.

A friend said Alka-Seltzer Plus helped her, but only after my son was better. NOTHING helped him. I tried cold packs for his forehead, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, antihistamines and decongestants. The only time the headache went away is as soon as he vomited.

If it's been going on for a long while, I suspect it's post nasal drip at night causing the nausea. That's what the doctor told us once. Try sleeping on an incline, like on two pillows.

Otherwise, if you're actually a woman, you're pregnant.
wink.gif

creativeRhino

MBTI Type
INTJ
If your headache/nausea get better when you get up then that can indicate some pressure build up in your skull - it helps it rebalance when you stand up.

Headaches can be from drinking alcohol, sleeping position etc. Nausea from gastric upset. But disorientation seems to indicate something a bit neurological. It may be that you are starting to get migranes.

The chances are it is something really "ordinary" (I mean a really huge probability!) but the symptoms you mention reminded me of what happened with my husband.

I am not trying to scare you because the chances of it being something serious are really small - he started out with little things like that gradually got worse over a few weeks. He was so sure it would resolve and so he didn't go to the doctor. When he did go he was fobbed off - told that it was stress, sleeping position, maybe too much drinking(!?) etc.

Then it got way worse in a few days. I worked out it was way more than headaches etc so took him to emergency - it was a tumour. Now the chances of that are really low, but in the emergency dept they were looking for a whole raft of things that it could have been - a meningitis infection, an ear infection, a tropical disease etc etc If it had been any of these other lesser things treatment would have been easy and quick. They thought it would be nothing more than these but the scan to check for the relevant signs of brain inflammation showed the tumour up. And of course the outcome would have been better if it had been found earlier and smaller.

The bottom line that the doctors/nurses told me was that pain and nausea can be pretty trivial, but if there's any neurological thing such as feeling disoriented / vision problems (even briefly but regularly) it is always worth asking for a real good checkup.

If it is something basic it can be fixed pronto, or if it is migraines then there's ways of dealing with them you can try.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'll say again... if you can't pin it down to other life circumstances that readily explain... get to a doctor... headache, nausea and "fogginess" or disorientation later can be serious... like encephalitis/tumor. Initially, the only symptoms are after laying down a long time... depending. Its unlikely but I sure wouldn't mess around trying to figure it out. It does bother you enough to post.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP

Do you feel sleepy near the end of the day? Could be sleep apnea. That is basically when you stop breathing throughout the night.

If it is sleep apnea you can sometimes fix it by losing weight. Other times you need a CPAP to help you breathe. There are also surgical options. But breathing is good, not breathing is generally bad. You should definately see your doctor.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bloody hell, I didn't expect this much coverage.

1) I'm a guy, so I'm obviously not pregnant
2) They're very temporary; the nausea stays for about five minutes, then goes (not long enough to be serious, but still long enough to be concerned about), and the head aches normally no more than ten minutes (normally five)

I eat regular amounts every day, but sometimes I'll skip a few meals and eat irregularly (for example, I'll get up and eat nothing for three or four hours - once I got up at 1pm and didn't eat until 7pm).

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Bloody hell, I didn't expect this much coverage.

1) I'm a guy, so I'm obviously not pregnant
2) They're very temporary; the nausea stays for about five minutes, then goes (not long enough to be serious, but still long enough to be concerned about), and the head aches normally no more than ten minutes (normally five)

I eat regular amounts every day, but sometimes I'll skip a few meals and eat irregularly (for example, I'll get up and eat nothing for three or four hours - once I got up at 1pm and didn't eat until 7pm).
I still think it's post nasal drip while you're sleeping.

Take an antihistamine/decongestant tonight - if you are medically able - and if the symptoms do not occur in the morning, it's probably post nasal drip.

Do you have allergies, or do you live in a place where spring has sprung?

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I'm not a real doctor, but I pretend to be on the forums sometimes....

These possibilities come to mind:

1. Dehydration
2. Hypoglycemia
3. Sleep apnea (as mentioned already)
4. Effects of or withdrawal from alcohol, caffeine, nicotine
5. Low levels of carbon monoxide in your room
6. Brain tumor, seizures, or other neurological causes

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I still think it's post nasal drip while you're sleeping.

What is this?

Take an antihistamine/decongestant tonight[...]

What are these?

Do you have allergies, or do you live in a place where spring has sprung?

I don't have an allergies. What's this about spring?

1. Dehydration
2. Hypoglycemia
3. Sleep apnea (as mentioned already)
4. Effects of or withdrawal from alcohol, caffeine, nicotine
5. Low levels of carbon monoxide in your room
6. Brain tumor, seizures, or other neurological causes

What are two and three? And how do you get more carbon monoxoide to stay in your room?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What is this?

What are these?

I don't have an allergies. What's this about spring?

What are two and three? And how do you get more carbon monoxoide to stay in your room?
I'm not sure if you're joking, but seeing as you're an ENTJ, you're probably not.

Post nasal drip is the opposite of a runny nose. Instead of dripping out your nose, it runs down the back of your throat and tickles it. You have to clear your throat a lot. It can make you cough, depending on the level of severity.

Antihistamine/Decongestant is what you find in Sudafed PE for Sinus and Allergy.
Over the counter cold medicines tell you on the front label if these are in them.

If you don't have allergies and you're not having spring yet, then it could be a virus. Or you may be developing an intolerance to some allergens. I know dust in my house bothers me when it didn't used to.

alicia91

Sounds like sinus problems. Try taking one Claritin tablet every day and see if it improves.

The headache comes from sleeping with the head lower down in relation to the body and the nausea is from the junk draining to your stomach. You may not even have any nasal issues during the day for this to be the culprit.

Just my two cents - but do go to a doctor.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
What are two and three? And how do you get more carbon monoxide to stay in your room?

2. hypoglycemia: low blood glucose (glucose = brain fuel)
3. sleep apnea: brief periods of not breathing while sleeping

You don't want any carbon monoxide in any room. High levels will cause severe symptoms or death, but low levels might cause your symptoms. You could get a carbon monoxide detector with a digital readout, but since you're having symptoms, you should call the the fire department or a HVAC professional to check this.