• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Two hours of sleep or less

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
I feel like I want to transform into an awesome machine that has an Estj personality type and gung ho work today. I'm a house keeper and I hate doing it, but I have to so I can survive. I have anxiety issues and right now, when I try to relax and sleep, my heart pinches and my brain tells me to wake the fuck up because I have to get ready for work in an hour.

How do you guys handle this sort of crap? I feel like a sloth right now. I want to curl up and sleep but my vision goes white, blurry and my heart hurts and then my brain gets really angry with me and kicks inside of my head for me to stay awake. I really can't miss work and then the sun is so bright, it's so obnoxious, like an annoying esfj sprinkling it's unwanted love all over me : ( How do I handle this? Lol.

No, I can't have coffee btw, gives me panic attacks. Can't drink caffeine either. I am sooooooooooo fuuuuucucuccuckckced -_-

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have sleep issues too (right now, during the work week, I've been running on 3-4 hours a night max).

I have prescribed cheap non-hangover sleeping pills (temazapm is the generic), and if I can't sleep, I take a half and see if it cuts the edge enough to knock me out. If you don't want to go the prescription route, spend $5 on a bottle of Tylenol or Nyquil liquid med that is meant to knock you out even when you're sick -- that stuff is pretty amazing, I felt like a cap of that had more kick than my sleeping pills and it's over the counter.

I also use a white noise machine when I sleep, and keep all the lights off. It's also good to go to bed at the same time every night, so your body drops into a cycle.

As far as staying awake when you're already shot? I dunno. My only recourse has been caffeine or sugar, but that won't work for you. Also, if you can stay cold; room temp or hot makes me drowsy in the daytime.

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I can't take any pills or the same thing happens to me so I have to some how naturally drift off to sleep. The problem for me isn't getting to sleep at night but getting away from the distractions like the internet, tv etc. I am so used to them that when I try to sleep, my brain gets pissed off without these distractions I've had.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm sure your sleep issues are probably connected to your panic attacks, like it's all the same root issue. I have similar issues.

While you say you can't take pills, I'm quite sure that medicine of some kind would be the thing that would help you with both problems, even if you choose to take natural herbs or something.

Valerian is an herbal sedative you can try, and there is something called kava kava that you have to be very careful with (and don't mix it with alcohol) that can be extremely effective if you're having a panic attack.

You're probably simultaneously avoidng and increasing your anxiety by being so overstimulated. If you can't live without your computer, turn off the television. Sit in the dark sometimes. Stare at the wall.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Used to functioning on little sleep. What I do some times is stay up all night, and work through the day and usually I'm so tired I will definitely sleep the night through after that. Don't recommend it, but if you are desperate for a reset, that will do it.
I deal with the effects of rotating shifts and on call, so my body clock gets a little screwed, it slides into night owl mode, my natural default, and I need to be in morning mode or least conscious in the morning every odd week. 8-9am starts are better than 6-7am starts though.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Have you tried acupuncture? It works wonders for me when I'm stressed, which then helps me sleep better. Listening to 'bedtime' music for awhile and allowing my mind to quiet down first helps, too.

Acupuncture saved my sanity back when I was in a work situation where prior to discovering it, I would fume with anger almost every day at work and get depressed/ angry/ cry on Sunday nights knowing I had to go back Mon morning. (And I normally don't get angry or upset easily, but in that case it was the stress of a horrible coworker plus too much work. Update: I left that job a few yrs ago.)

Oh, and exercise! I also sleep much better when I work out. It also makes a huge diff in dealing with stress.

I've also heard meditation helps, but confess to not doing it....

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
I'm sure your sleep issues are probably connected to your panic attacks, like it's all the same root issue. I have similar issues.

While you say you can't take pills, I'm quite sure that medicine of some kind would be the thing that would help you with both problems, even if you choose to take natural herbs or something.

Valerian is an herbal sedative you can try, and there is something called kava kava that you have to be very careful with (and don't mix it with alcohol) that can be extremely effective if you're having a panic attack.

You're probably simultaneously avoidng and increasing your anxiety by being so overstimulated. If you can't live without your computer, turn off the television. Sit in the dark sometimes. Stare at the wall.

Nah, not at all actually. Any sort of pill fucks with my stomach because I have a bad case of gerd. I hate it but I have to deal with whatever comes my way, without any sort of sedative. :( I've even had tea and it gave me panic attacks LOL. I guess my body hates feeling unnaturally tired?

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
I survived today at work. I am going to confirm that lack of sleep is actually good for me when it comes to working. As long as I'm moving around and not standing or sitting for too long. I also need cold cold air in the room or I get warmer and sleepier.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2 hours sleep isn't even worth it, at least with no sleep you get that weird loopy hyper high feeling that kinda keeps you going. just pull an all-nighter and you'll get really tired eventually and crash early.

weed's the best insomnia cure though.

disclaimer: i do not take care of myself and am not a good person for health advice.

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
Actually, recent scientific findings have shown that some sort of sleeping cap with ice inside. Apparently coldness helps the brain to sleep better. Chana ,you're a tard and I love it. <3 :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like I want to transform into an awesome machine that has an Estj personality type and gung ho work today. I'm a house keeper and I hate doing it, but I have to so I can survive. I have anxiety issues and right now, when I try to relax and sleep, my heart pinches and my brain tells me to wake the fuck up because I have to get ready for work in an hour.

How do you guys handle this sort of crap? I feel like a sloth right now. I want to curl up and sleep but my vision goes white, blurry and my heart hurts and then my brain gets really angry with me and kicks inside of my head for me to stay awake. I really can't miss work and then the sun is so bright, it's so obnoxious, like an annoying esfj sprinkling it's unwanted love all over me : ( How do I handle this? Lol.

No, I can't have coffee btw, gives me panic attacks. Can't drink caffeine either. I am sooooooooooo fuuuuucucuccuckckced -_-

I've had this problem before. It usually happens when I don't exercise. I actually tend to have a lot of physical and psychological issues from lack of exercise though, it's weird. So exercise is my solution to everything. I sleep very well, like a log when I've been exercising.

Also, I've heard very good things about the melatonin supplement. It doesn't help you fall asleep, but it helps you stay asleep. (I've seen it in some of my patients and people that I know.)

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
I've had this problem before. It usually happens when I don't exercise. I actually tend to have a lot of physical and psychological issues from lack of exercise though, it's weird. So exercise is my solution to everything. I sleep very well, like a log when I've been exercising.

Also, I've heard very good things about the melatonin supplement. It doesn't help you fall asleep, but it helps you stay asleep. (I've seen it in some of my patients and people that I know.)

I work out every other day. I'm going to say this one more time- I can't take pills, I have tried and they make me sick. Thank you.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I work out every other day. I'm going to say this one more time- I can't take pills, I have tried and they make me sick. Thank you.

Yeah, I noticed that. I mentioned melatonin because it's a supplement, could have less of an effect on your system. Maybe not, though.

(Edit: I just read the response to the Valerian post/realized you were also referring to supplements- never mind!)

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
2 hours? I feel like I'm going to die if I only have 2 hours sleep.

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
2 hours? I feel like I'm going to die if I only have 2 hours sleep.

Which is why I just woke up from a 6 hour nap. My dreams consisted of Jesus and other weird crap, like riding on a huge cat like creature
and people trying to kill me and a demon chasing me.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
like riding on a huge cat like creature.

That really happened:
Riding-a-lion_1374983i.jpg

Sleepriding is a bitch!

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

It's not the healthiest option but what having a small amount of sugary sweets? Not alot but just enough to give you enough of a lift to make it through the work day without feeling like a zombie.

Meek

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
It's not the healthiest option but what having a small amount of sugary sweets? Not alot but just enough to give you enough of a lift to make it through the work day without feeling like a zombie.

Ah, yes that is a good idea but I would need to eat something with it. Usually, eggs and then something sugary like something sour.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also can't have caffeine for a number of reasons (not good for a college student's life!). For trying to stay energized as much as possible with little sleep, I second the sugar and cold suggestions. Someone once suggested to me going into a short shower with as cold of water as you can stand it and that woke her up good. I've been too afraid to try it, but it probably helps. One thing that works for me too, although I don't know if you could have it with your GERD, is onions and peppers, especially jalapenos; they get your blood pumping. I eat pure jalapenos at night if I need to pull an all-nighter.

Brosily

Permabanned
Hello everyone. Sleeping problem is also with me. I can't sleep more than 3 hours at night. i don't know why. kindly give me some tips to improve my sleep. I can't work properly during the day due to 3 hour sleep. I really need your help. Thanks.