• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Quit Smoking Thread

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
To offer recent ex-smoker's support or people trying to quit.

this is not a thread to tell smokers what terrible people they are. we do not tolerate self righteous bullshit in this thread, so if you even think that, you can go to hell and die.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
this is not a thread to tell smokers what terrible people they are. we do not tolerate self righteous bullshit in this thread, so if you even think that, you can go to hell and die.

This is the last pack before I quit (again)....of course, I've been saying that for the last three packs or so.

Wish me luck.

I 'only' smoke about 2.5 packs a week, so I can only imagine the difficulty experienced by people with a strong physical addiction to go with the mental addiction (i.e. physical symptoms to go along with that persistent, vague feeling of frustration and stress).

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i really should quit, just because i'm broke as shit and it's a habit i can't afford. i had 20 dollars to my name yesterday and i bought a pack of cigarettes with it. plus i don't like that it turned into a 'whenever i feel like it' kinda thing to a daily one.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I stopped again last saturday. Brought a 10 pack on Wednesday, Stopped thursday. Brought a 10 today .. It's been a really bad week stress wise.

I will suggest though if you can get your hands on this:
Nicorette spray .. instant hit but too strong for me (i only have 2/3 sprays a day and i'm fine but then i only smoke 5-6 cigs a day.

Nicorette_Quick_Mist_!_X_150_49695.JPG_49695.jpg

Good luck people.

P.S. I will stop again after i've finished the remaining 9 cigarettes.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I did the patch awhile ago. It actually worked great but I got so tired of people asking me "How's it going?" "how you feeling?" that I ripped it off and lit up. Next time I will just do it without telling anyone. Even Though I have heard that your should tell people as an incentive (to be accountable or something).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
last time I still smoked on the patch. so now I'm doing a combination of the patch and hard candy. I'm bad about doing potentially dangerous things like smoking on the patch etc.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I bought one of these thingies a couple of weeks ago at the suggestion of a customer and haven't smoked a cigarette since... I still get nicotine and FEEL like I'm smoking, but I'm not breathing in the other components of smoke :)

510-t%20starter%20kit.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ahaha i just bought an e-cig probably will have more success than the patches I'm two steps from buying a pack.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't even been tempted to buy a pack after switching, which is odd because I have tried to quit smoking somewhere upwards of 10 times in the past and failed every time :blush:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I feel like I'm not ready to quit, I know I need to but, still feel like I'm not ready.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I haven't even been tempted to buy a pack after switching, which is odd because I have tried to quit smoking somewhere upwards of 10 times in the past and failed every time :blush:

It's not failing if you stopped temporarily. Obviously long term stopping is better but you have to find the positives in everything.

I feel like I'm not ready to quit, I know I need to but, still feel like I'm not ready.

Oh, i know that feeling. Your head rationalises all the negatives yet the addiction pushes you in the other direction. Its a tough one.

I was talking to my team leader recently about it as she is only a social smoker (apparently only 2% of people who smoke are social smokers who are not addicted, darm them, lol) and she thinks i am delusional (in the nicest sense) in that i enjoy pushing myself to stop/start, wrestling with the addiction and my minds logic. Well i brought another 10 pack today *shrugs*

Always tomorrow.

F

figsfiggyfigs

You can do it prplz, just stay away from friends that smoke, places that you usually smoke at, and above all, stay strong and determined!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i got an e-cig i like it i'm not going to quit otherwise this is probably safer in terms off not accidently starting fires
no_7_micro_starter_kit_1_.jpg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
omg i got robbed on the e cigg...that sucks.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here's what worked for me:

1) Think about how much money you're wasting. Seriously, add it up. Think about what else you could spend the money on.

2) Think about what it's doing to your health. Not only can it fuck with your lungs, it can make your face look old faster etc.

3) Think about how bad it stinks.

4) Cut down slowly instead of going cold turkey. If you're a heavy smoker try going down to ten cigs a day for a while, then five, then try to get down to one cigarette a day. This worked for me.

5) Keep your cigarettes like in the closet or something instead of carrying them in your pocket or purse.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
URGGGGGHHHH!!! NOTHINGS WORKING FOR ME!!!!! I"M GONNA DIE SMOKING EVERYTHING I TRY I STILL GET CRAVINGS AND WITHDRAWL!!!!!!!!!