• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Quit Smoking Thread

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh bless ya.

I ran a 5km race on Sunday and bearing in mind i've been smoking for the last 18 years (fuck) i completed it in 32 mins and 15 seconds and i didn't prepare for it and i smoked 3 hours before the race.

Its only since Sunday that i don't want to smoke but am doing so out of habit. I've cut down considerably though. Cutting down is better than 8 a day (never been a heavy smoker). It's a start.

When you are ready you'll find something to assist you. I wish you luck.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've made it three days without smoking, but I am having dreams about buying a pack.

Brosily

Permabanned
Well smoking is dangerous for health and it should be quit. I don't like smoking. I don't know why people smoke. Everyone knows that it has harmful effects on body and cause many diseases like cancer so why people smoke? We should quit smoking for a better health.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I had some dental surgery today where I was advised not to smoke 5 to seven days. Using the event to give up cigs totally. Wish me luck....

Giles

Hi prplchknz,
Some effective tips to quit smoking:
Do consult your doctor and follow his/her advice,
Keep your teeth clean,
Make your smoke quit day special,
Put money you would spend on cigarettes in a saving jar and plan for a treat tomorrow,
Avoid going to places where you might find smokers,
Do start exercise and try to be regular.

Jessica

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I had four cigarettes on Saturday... despite high levels of stress, haven't had any since. Mind you I used to smoke 10-15 a day. Before that it'd been like two days, then before that, about a week and a half.

Neighborhood kids are in their early teens and always bring me cigarettes. Just been trying to avoid the neighborhood kids for that reason.

I find that I don't need cigarettes when I have weed, so I tend to buy enough weed to last 4 days to a week. Then I can avoid nicotine entirely. The bitch is when I'm out of weed I want to replace it with cigarettes. I will cut that out... probably now.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i smoked a pack a day for over ten years.
the hardest thing to give up was my
morning poo smoke.

i just went cold turkey.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
morning poo smoke. .

This thought is helping me continue to give up smoking.

Survived my city's fiesta (4 days of partying) without breaking down and having a smoke (kinda)

I did have three drags off a friends cig and found a few zero nicotine cigarettes (that I found in my room while cleaning) that I smoke on the one night of fiesta I did go out (even though I had half a nicotine patch stuck in my armpit)

That being said I was able to do the "cruiser run" on Sunday morning which was about a 20 mile bike ride without stopping (or gagging)!

I have some nicotine lozenges that I occasionally take but which are disgusting (only about 0 to 2 a day) and an ecigartte.

Got my girlfriend to give up too although she only smoked about 2 cigs a day.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Two days. Well two and a half days really. I'm chewing nicotine gum as it seems to be the most effective thing for me. I figured it's also the more socially acceptable habit of the two choices.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Reading everyone's issues with quitting, makes me feel good I quit early.