• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

klonopin

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
hey! I feel it dampening not going away totally but it's dampening.or is it?I don't know its fading in and out. I can't tell if its working or not I give up. I feel doped but my heads still racing and i'm still shaking

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hey! I feel it dampening not going away totally but it's dampening

That's good! Some relief. I know your situation is very different from mine, (you have more comorbidities, meds, complications), but maybe this could help. I found that light exercise during levels of high anxiety/ stress makes a huge HUGE difference. It's awkward at first with the chest pain and the throat constriction, (or whatever symptoms you're having), but if you can overcome that, it's very good.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
A side effect of Abilify is anxiety, so if it keeps up being an issue I'd look into it. I think with these sorts of drugs it's a matter of compromising what random side effects you're willing to deal with for some kind of stability.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A side effect of Abilify is anxiety, so if it keeps up being an issue I'd look into it. I think with these sorts of drugs it's a matter of compromising what random side effects you're willing to deal with for some kind of stability.

Totally! :yes:
And also not going into a downward spiral of taking meds and then taking more meds to deal with the side effects. Yet you don't want to have to go through all these sudden changes either. Very tricky balance.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm pretty sure when It kicked in I had a mini trip I had CEVs (Closed eyed visuals, possibly some opened eyed ones as well, where you close your eyes and its like your eyes aren't closed but you're in a different place, and heard voices, I actually couldn't tell if my eyes were closed or not half the time.)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
she lowered my celexa back to 20 and I don't feel as anxious, I think 40 was just too high and was having side effects. because the abilify while it does make me want to get up and move around and do physical work i've never experienced anxiety from it.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty sure when It kicked in I had a mini trip I had CEVs (Closed eyed visuals, possibly some opened eyed ones as well, where you close your eyes and its like your eyes aren't closed but you're in a different place, and heard voices, I actually couldn't tell if my eyes were closed or not half the time.)

Huh... I've never heard of that before. Sounds rather terrifying.

she lowered my celexa back to 20 and I don't feel as anxious, I think 40 was just too high and was having side effects. because the abilify while it does make me want to get up and move around and do physical work i've never experienced anxiety from it.

Oh, that's good. Probably better to try to lower doses than add new things! Especially since you are trying to minimize the medications.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
she upped it because I was still moderatley depressed. welcome to my brain adderall I have full blown psychosis episodes when I take that drug.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
she upped it because I was still moderatley depressed. welcome to my brain adderall I have full blown psychosis episodes when I take that drug.

That's tough, purp. :(

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah but I can function at 20 i can't function very well at 40.

I keep saying this, (and will likely always say this to people in mental health situations), but have you tried exercise to help with the depression and anxiety? It just works so amazingly well for me, gives me a big high and true moments of happiness and clear thinking, that I can't help but be a huge proponent. (I'm almost addicted to it.)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I tried exercise repeatly for periods of time and it didn't help. my doctor in the hospital said some people exercise doesn't work so she wasn't suprised

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tried exercise repeatly for periods of time and it didn't help. my doctor in the hospital said some people exercise doesn't work so she wasn't suprised

Okay, :). I will stop asking then! I'm very overzealous about exercise and diet to be the cure all for everything. (Kind of like those intensely religious people being like, "Everything will be okay if you just PRAY.") One NP said that I was the poster child for diet and exercise. Not everyone's chemicals are set up the same way, I suppose.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I wish it did help and I should exercise because there are other benefits like not dying.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wish it did help and I should exercise because there are other benefits like not dying.

True, there are other benefits. There is no better motivation to exercise than to be the mental health case that needs to exercise to avoid medicine.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my mom's motivation is it keeps her muscle pain down. I also think that's good motivation