• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bicycle seats for females

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I need to get one. Anything I should look for in particular? I use a bike for pragmatic reasons rather than enjoyment. I cycle to/from work May-Sept, which is about 30 minutes each way once I get in biking shape and with pumped tires etc, and don't expect to bike much other than that. My bike is an all-purpose kind of bike (thick tires, front shocks, not a road bike) and I've been using it for about 5 years, if that makes a difference.

My current seat is still usable, but it's getting ripped and bending down on the sides now, and it's reallllly uncomfortable (male bike, very hard and narrow seat). I'm kindof average sized in the "seat" area, lol.

I'm hoping for:

-best value for my situation (e.g. it will sometimes be left in the rain although I try not to, so an expensive seat is probably a bad value for me....durability is a big plus)

-comfortable for trips <1hr, since I doubt I'll ever go longer than that. It doesn't have to be a silk cushion, just something that doesn't constantly leave me too sore to ride a bike the next day.

What should I look for? Brands, shapes? What should I be paying for a seat that is kinda bottom-edge, but not complete garbage?

wolfy

awsm
I don't really know, it was always the angle that made the biggest difference in comfort. So I suppose something that is easily adjustable.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:laugh: I had to get one of those.. uh.. these. :doh:

schwinn-no-pressure-bike-seat_BG05640.jpg