• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychosis and... Me?

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
But what if it is just laziness? Then I've no one but myself to blame for the huge academic and financial mess I'm in.

Would you rather have a bit of financial and academic mess or a mental one? You can fix your financial/academic one..but you can't go back in time and get yourself help sooner. You need to stop thinking about it and just do it and know you'll be better off for doing so.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
It's not a lack of energy (though I do always seem to be tired, but I'm pegging that down as poor diet) that stops me working though. It's like I just can't push myself to start. Like this essay worth 50% of my class I have due in tomorrow. I know I need to do it. Microsoft Word has been sitting open on my desktop for the last 7 hours, waiting for me to type something. I have all the books and music scores beside me that I need to use. I have the websites open that I'll have to reference. But I've been browsing The Onion and Cracked instead, all day, procrastinating. Not cause I'm too tired to do it. The only plausible reason is utter laziness....

*shrug* Perhaps a counselor would give me the kick in the ass I need. I'm not sure why the thought is so daunting though.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Would you rather have a bit of financial and academic mess or a mental one? You can fix your financial/academic one..but you can't go back in time and get yourself help sooner. You need to stop thinking about it and just do it and know you'll be better off for doing so.

That's assuming I do have a mental problem and not a lazy problem though :tongue:

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What would you tell a friend who's in your position?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
To either suck it up and get on with it or to see a therapist of some sort to whinge to. I'm pretty impatient, and generally a shit friend :whistling:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, I just read back entirely through this thread (when did it get so long?) and I just wanna apologise. I've come across as really whiny and annoying and spun around in circles. Anyway, I know y'all think it's worthwhile for me to make an appointment for my own sake, but I can't seem to work up the will to do that. So I'm giving myself an incentive. If ya see a pic of me wearing these beauties on this thread tomorrow evening, you'll know I made the app. Yes I know it's self inflicted poverty (money I don't have on stuff I don't need) but I just can't make myself go otherwise. Besides they're awesome and I wanna stomp around in them.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Heh. That's what I'm sayin'. *imagines self stomping around in new boots* :laugh:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Well it's been what, 10? 11? hours since I sat down to start this assignment and still not 1 word written. I wonder if I actually meant to get any work done today, or just planned to be unproductive and stir up shite on this thread as a distraction... :shrug:

Anyway I'm off to bed, as it's clear I won't be getting any work done tonight after all. Maybe I'll cobble together a hasty essay a matin. Til then, I shall stop treating this thread like a blog :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's not a lack of energy (though I do always seem to be tired, but I'm pegging that down as poor diet) that stops me working though. It's like I just can't push myself to start. Like this essay worth 50% of my class I have due in tomorrow. I know I need to do it. Microsoft Word has been sitting open on my desktop for the last 7 hours, waiting for me to type something. I have all the books and music scores beside me that I need to use. I have the websites open that I'll have to reference. But I've been browsing The Onion and Cracked instead, all day, procrastinating. Not cause I'm too tired to do it. The only plausible reason is utter laziness....

*shrug* Perhaps a counselor would give me the kick in the ass I need. I'm not sure why the thought is so daunting though.

Have you considered one of the NFP types?

Between this post, your "overuse" of "emoticons" claimed in your signature, and your strange fantasies about being raped by a supernatural being, you might just be an NF rather than mentally ill.

*just kidding*

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Ah, but being an NF is an illness in it's own right :tongue: And there's no way in hell I'm an Fi dom. It's totally alien :shock:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I implore you to find something better to do with your supposedly valuable time than spread propaganda you don't even comprehend.

I have learned a long time ago that what I know and the experiences of being 15 years in severe depression on SSRIs I wondered why. I know I will be ignored by people and everyone I talk to because its human nature. Yes a lot of misinformation from both pro and anti, what I speak is truth, intuition knows. I suppose the link maybe a poor choice, still I'm sure there are others that explain my points better. nvm. People are free to do as they wish. I'm merely the messenger of positive intention. Nowhere did I say for her not to visit a doctor or councilor.

anyone want that on your conscience raise your hands.
It is unfortunate that her real problems will be masked by surface ones. People will interpret information the way they want to I suppose. :shrug:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think some of the posts in this thread are shamefully irresponsible. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you should share it if you have no idea wtf psychosis really is.

Oh and bytheway I have experience in this, I've experienced psychosis when my HPA, (hypothalamus, pituitary, adrenal) axis totally shut down. I know what I'm talking about, I wish people would listen to me. But like my bipolar friend who crosses his arm every time when I tell him what to do, it doesn't work go figure.

dala

MBTI Type
intp
After reading through this thread, I suspect that you suffer from a combination of the superhuman ability INTPs have to procrastinate and some legitimate issues related to brain chemistry. Regardless of what the real issue is, however, there is one question that you have to address for yourself before you can do anything: are you more afraid that you are sick, or that you are not?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Synapse, I've not forgotten your suggestions, but I think you're pushing too hard. You're biased about this particular issue and see your own experience when we're discussing mine...

After reading through this thread, I suspect that you suffer from a combination of the superhuman ability INTPs have to procrastinate and some legitimate issues related to brain chemistry. Regardless of what the real issue is, however, there is one question that you have to address for yourself before you can do anything: are you more afraid that you are sick, or that you are not?

I knew it was just me being lazy and looking for excuses. I woke up this morning and yesterday feeling perfectly fine but got myself worked up over nothing as the day went on.

Do understand though: I don't wanna be mentally unwell, but it would be a convenient way of excusing what a huge fucking failure I am.

dala

MBTI Type
intp
There are possibilities besides deficient and crazy, you know. Maybe you're in the wrong program at school, or surrounded by negative people. Whatever it is, the only one who can make it better is you. Making that appointment is a good first step, even if it turns into a simple information gathering exercise.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I know it's not either or. For reasons I won't go into here, changing course is not an option. I know I just have to suck it up and get on with it, but I don't want to. I'm lazy.

SRT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?

A counselor's job, in part, is to help people with whatever personal problems they have, including laziness. I don't know the statistics, but I'd say that a majority of people who visit with counselors wouldn't be diagnosed with disorders. Especially school counselors, who interact with students in similar situations as you (failing grades, no motivation, etc.) They're there to help you find a way to emotionally cope with the stressors you're experiencing.

Right now, I'm doing the same thing you are (procrastinating), but I'm pretty sure I know why. I'm not happy with the classes that I'm taking, and I don't really see the benefit of doing the work, other than keeping other people from judging me negatively. Thats a horrible motivator. As such, you don't sound happy with where you are in life either, and this cycle of negative thoughts that you seem to express can keep you from ever finding a reason to engage life.

:hug:

Go see a school counselor. If nothing else they can help you determine whether school's the best environment for you to be in right now.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^ I like SRT's comments.

Synapse, I've not forgotten your suggestions, but I think you're pushing too hard. You're biased about this particular issue and see your own experience when we're discussing mine...

I understand, you may find the information helpful later in your life. We each of us have a story and it is remarkably linked. I work in sensibility and testing with the additional tests I have mentioned is sensible. Doing the basal body temperature is simple. Still there are different factors, we each of us are different in how health affects us. Its up to our own initiative to learn as much as we can, from unbiased sources.

And Fan.of.Devin if you are intending to continue in the same patterns your whole life then you will. I comprehend with clarity and insight. What I copy past is from written material from a book I happen to own, nvm the site. It is sourced from a Dr's point of view. you are right I am no Dr and what I post is sound. You are okay to dismiss it because of the site and what you say. I disagree with you, I implore you to understand that what I talk about is neither propaganda nor conspiracy. Each to their own I suppose. I really have no idea why Dr Broda Barnes and Dr Barry Durrant Peatfield would make it up, sure are dismissed and opposed for their views though, naturally because they made millions.