• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weird Case of Sleep

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm unsure about my strange sleep schedule that occurs around dawn.

When a person is tired, the body/mind tends to tell him/her that he/she is tired.

Background:
A lot of the time, I tend to go to sleep at around midnight (give or take a hour earlier or later.) Sometimes, I am able to fall asleep at maybe thirty minutes to an hour later. Sometimes, I can't sleep for the whole night.

But here is the catch, when dawn arrives (day light savings or not... around 6 ish and usually right when the sun is about to come out.) My body finally begins to tell me that I am tired. This does not matter whether I had the 6-8 hours of sleep or not be able to sleep at all. My mind and body just begins telling me that "alright, you are tired... you can go to sleep now." Strange thing is, the onslaught of my body telling me to sleep anywhere around midnight does not occur as strongly as it does around 6 a.m. (Thus... sometimes not being able to sleep the whole night.)

If I am allowed to sleep until 9 a.m. I feel rested enough to move about. If it is a time before 7, I often feel exhausted (but am also able to function.)

---

What is this case? I don't think this is insomnia. After all, I am able to sleep, and when I am allowed to sleep until 9 a.m I feel just fine. What can I do to rework the timing in which I actually do feel tired (Instead of finally feeling tired to sleep at 6a.m....?)

Could it just be that I have done something to my Circadian Rhythm to make it so I am tired at 6 a.m.?