• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you think you're fat or skinny?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I'm fat or skinny, but I seem to accumulate fat on my belly easily.
Once I ''convert'' 25lbs of fat into 25lbs of lean mass, I'll be very happy with my body.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Not skinny. Not fat.

I don't think I'm chubby. I'm average. Which is a miracle considering how much(and what) I eat. I realize that I need to start watching myself and exercising more. I've gained a little weight the past few months. Weight gain tends to focus on to two parts of my body: the ass/thigh area, and the chest area.I have a few grabby wobbly bits that I need to shed, but otherwise, I'd be considered normal( I think).
I worry I'll turn out like my mother, who is quite the fatty. But then again, she didn't get fat till she had her 5th child and moved to north america.

Oh I've posted here before. derp. Same ansswer.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=9602]YWIR[/MENTION], you're fat. ;)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry, just kidding. :D I have no idea.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Interesting thread premise.

I've lost 70 lbs in the last year, and at times in my head I still think of myself as that person.

Physical changes are easier to deal with at times than the mental readjustments that need to take place.

I've been doing a lot of weight and resistance exercises the past few months and that has added on a lot of muscle to me. I don't really think I am skinny by any means, just getting more athletic if anything else.

I am not sure I truly see myself as I am so I will have to consider this and perhaps post an update later.

Wow, good for you. :nice:

I'm about 70 pounds below my heaviest weight myself. Didn't do it all in the last year though - it was a long 'two steps forward, one step back' thing that took several years and everything is really starting to click lately. I'm at my lowest adult weight ever now.

I read it's quite common for people who were once a lot heavier to continue to see themselves that way after they lose weight. Oddly I'm having sort of the opposite effect - I'm constantly aware of all the ways in which my body's changed, and because I keep comparing my body to how it used to be I think I end up feeling "thin".

I'm not thin, really. Not fat either. In between, still flabbier than I'd like to be.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't remember if I've posted here before. Don't consider myself fat or skinny - I'm at a healthy weight, although some days I wish I had a bit less body fat (like most of us, hah).

I eat a lot though. I'm constantly hungry, with a large appetite (seriously I always get comments on how much I eat for a meal), and that really, really bad habit of eating for taste/crunch/boredom instead of hunger. I'll be in serious trouble when my metabolism slows down, unless I can manage to change my habits before then. At least I don't eat outrageously badly, although it could be healthier.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think my stomach is too big. Do you think I should get plastic surgery?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think my stomach is too big. Do you think I should get plastic surgery?

Better, I think all the "fat" people in this thread should have plastic surgery and transfer their fat to the "skinny" ones.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fat? Can I say rubenesque? Being hour-glass shaped helps.

I'm a little scared to lose weight. The last time I dropped some pounds, I lost it in my breasts. Not cool.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I'm lean. Having said that I'm a few pounds to my target.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
To answer the OP, yes I think I'm fat for me. I became interested in my diet when I was eleven. I was actually a very small child, slender and extremely active, and small boned compared to some of my peers, so I'm not sure where this idea came from. When I hit puberty at 13, I was convinced I was a whale, at all of 105 pounds.

I used to hate that I was so large-breasted and broad shouldered. I have long legs for a short girl, but generally I'm an apple-shaped woman, and that's not the shape typically hyped up in fashion magazines. I realized at 13 I would never be 5'11" and have a visible collar bone (seriously, I don't know what the collar bone thing was about?)

I used to hate my arms in high school and refused to wear tank tops, though I look at pictures of myself in high school and I wasn't overweight at all.

I obviously developed more body confidence by 18 when I became an exotic dancer. In fact, in high school my senior year I was voted "most likely to pose for Playboy" in the underground newspaper along with another girl. I never lacked for dates. STILL...despite all this, I was always vexed by how short and apple shaped I am.

Everyone wants to be what they aren't. I have a lot more body confidence now that I'm older, but I don't think I'm in my ideal shape at the moment, I could lose a few pounds, even though apparently even a 19 year old athlete thinks I'm sexy and attractive. No amount of validation will erase my self-perception.

I even get upset when I'm thinner and someone tells me I have no ass. Because my ass disappears when I'm a little thinner.

I'm not like one of those women who has had a chronic eating disorder or anything, but liking my body is a thing that comes and goes. I can feel like I'm totally hot and sexy (clearly I'm pretty confident about my body if I'll show it off the way I have in the past)...but other times I feel like an absolute COW.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
^I have a similar problem, except it's only my gut. I seem to put on weight in my gut first, so I typically feel like a stick figure with a circle in the middle for a tummy. My arms and legs have only recently begun to get bigger... but in comparison to my mid section, they're still very thin. It's an oddity and certainly doesn't look good with weight put on.

The way to avoid that is to build muscle. I grew up dancing, riding my bike, swimming, gymnastics, twirling, some cheerleading et al...and I have muscle in my arms and legs.

My mother had this same physique as a younger woman. She was a cheerleader in high school, an exotic dancer at one point, and was a gym rat in her 30's and early 40's and even dated a body builder at one point after she divorced her second husband. I actually remember her looking a little TOO muscular and have always strived to avoid it.

But now that she's in her 50's she's had some problems with severe arthritis that have not allowed her to be as physically active for quite some time (though she walks and does house work, etc.) and it has made her arms and legs skinnier. One of my aunts is the same way.

I've always had muscle, but it's because I've always been physically active. People comment that I'm stronger than I look. The thing is I know with my body type if I ever become more sedentary, I would have twig legs and arms and a round mid-section.

So the key is to build muscle. Eat more protein and do weight training if you must.