• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Average Weight Excerises For A 21 Year Old

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What is the average number of push-ups, chin-ups, bicep curls, etc. that a 21 year old man should be able to do? Thanks. :)

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Depends on the man

The average army recruit does about 500 pushups per day during basic training, according to yahoo answers

From personal experience, I know that the US marine corps will not take a male officer candidate that cannot perform 10 consecutive chin-ups, but they insisted to me that 20 is a better number to aim for

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
500?! Crap I can only do 50 some at the most, I'd better hit the weights more :workout:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
500? Yikes... I'm sure for males it is a different physical matter, but I am also 21 and can't even do one 90-degree pushup. It is like it is mechanically impossible for my noodlearms :tongue: Weird thing is, I can carry a whole bunch of groceries. I wonder if maybe I should add yet another extra bag to my arms each time, or maybe do some light weight repetitions.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
In the Marine Corps, 20 pull ups and you get the max amount of points. Minimum for enlisted is only like 4. I can do 20+ personally, but most guys who have decent to average upper body strength should be able to get 12-15. Push ups, I never go to fail but consecutively I could probably do 50 or so. Maybe I'll try sometime.

500 push ups isn't THAT much if over the course of a full day and only doing sets of 20-30 at a time.

Bicep curls? Well that's totally dependent on how much weight we're talking... 10lbs, 20lbs, 30lbs?

wolfy

awsm
What is the average number of push-ups, chin-ups, bicep curls, etc. that a 21 year old man should be able to do? Thanks. :)

Push ups would probably be over 50 as good 100 very good.
Chins 10 is good 20 is very good.
Bicep curl? Off the top of my head, half your bodyweight for ten reps.

Something like that. Those numbers are taken from a few tests we have done in the gym.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
500?! Crap I can only do 50 some at the most, I'd better hit the weights more :workout:

50 an hour isn't that bad. But you know the term "drop and give me 20", its like that. I doubt they expect anyone to do 500 consecutively, but if you fuck up constantly, the 20s add to 20s and add to more 20s and sooner or later, you're buff.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought this said "average weight for a 21 year old" and I was going to respond, I dunno, but it seems to have noticeably increased even in the short period of time since I was 21.

There are fat teenagers everywhere, good lord I feel sorry for them. If you're already that big at 16, 18, or 20, what physical condition are you looking at being in at 30 or 35 or 40?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Ignite
500 push ups isn't THAT much if over the course of a full day and only doing sets of 20-30 at a time.

Oh I thought that soldiers were trained to do 500 push ups in once set.

Bicep curls? Well that's totally dependent on how much weight we're talking... 10lbs, 20lbs, 30lbs?

Well in total I can do (hammer curl/right arm) around 10 reps with 20lbs. And I can lift one rep on a 50lbs barbell bicep curl.

Originally posted by Wolfy
Push ups would probably be over 50 as good 100 very good.
Chins 10 is good 20 is very good.

In that case I would consider myself slightly below average.

Bicep curl? Off the top of my head, half your bodyweight for ten reps.

Wait, are you refering to barbell or dumbell bicep curls? Because in that regard I should be able to lift 65lbs but at most I can only do 50lbs on the barbell, and only 1 rep.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Beargryllz
50 an hour isn't that bad. But you know the term "drop and give me 20", its like that. I doubt they expect anyone to do 500 consecutively, but if you fuck up constantly, the 20s add to 20s and add to more 20s and sooner or later, you're buff.

Ohhhh I see now.

Originally posted by Marmie Dearest
If you're already that big at 16, 18, or 20, what physical condition are you looking at being in at 30 or 35 or 40?

Oh I'm not fat at all, despite my animal like diet. I only weigh in at arounf 130lbs ish.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Real chinups are from straight arms eh? Cause those are hard.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Real chinups are from straight arms eh? Cause those are hard.
From fully extended? Yeah, basically. I usually don't go quite to fully extended... If I did I probably wouldn't be able to get 20 :p