• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

headaches?!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been getting some serious headaches for the past few months... to the point where I want to wear sunglasses all of the time and start feeling seriously nauseus. Yesterday a customer even gave me one of her 800 mg prescription ibuprofin and it did absolutley nothing :sadbanana:

They always come on in the early afternoon and last until I'm asleep (I'm assuming... I wake up feeling mostly better!)... it's not my vision, because I actually re-checked that out, so what's with this? :(

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ sounds like migraine, but you should go to the Dr and get a check-up whatever. :hug:

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I had something similar, felt so bad I went to urgent care. I was throwing up from them. They turned out to be stress headaches. The doctor thought I may not be sleeping soundly enough and had me take Tylenol PM for a week to establish a better routine. It seemed to help. I get them much less often now. Everyone is different, but that was my experience.

G

garbage

yup, may be migraines

I spent today in a dark office, shades drawn, and sunglasses indoors because of one of those things

Excederin Migraine sometimes works for me, but I also have a wonderful prescription for Imitrex

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've actually adjusted my routine over the past few years so that I get a full night's sleep and have been a lot LESS stressed over the most recent couple of weeks (I've gotten tension headaches before... they're no fun :thumbdown:)... I even cut way back on caffeine and quit drinking! I need to find some spare time and actually get around to seeing a doctor... I don't like taking time out of my schedule for that though. I need to though... my head hurts to TOUCH even, and it's hard to work when light hurts :laugh:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I used to get terrible headaches multiple times a week for about a year and a half straight. Debilitating headaches, where I feel nauseous and have to throw up. They would last for hours, until I slept. Sometimes I would wake up with them. I would sleep enough hours, eat every couple of hours, eat balanced meals, quit caffeine, I did EVERYTHING.

Recently I changed my vision prescription and they decreased dramatically. I get a headache like once every couple of weeks. So I'm not sure if that is what fixed it... or what. I can just hope they stay away.

I totally feel for you, girl. I would cry because the pain was seriously affecting my happiness.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
vision prescription was my FIRST thought actually, so I went to a different optometrist and he said that my prescription was correct... as did an optometrist customer (I use my time in the field to my advantage sometimes :ninja:)... I was so disappointed because that would be so easy to fix!

The thing that's really pissing me off is that for the past few days my thought process has been rather confused and fuzzy, so I've even been posting less :thelook: The LAST thing I want to lose is my mind!

A

A window to the soul

Maybe try ear candles like my ESTP brother-in-law did to melt the black chunks of wax clogging up his head. I'm serious.

Technically they suck, not melt it.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I never had heard this until last week, but in addition to caffeine, chocolate and cheese can contribute to migraines. I sympathize. I never had anything like that until the last couple of years. I don't know if you live where it's hot and sunny year round (I don't think so - aren't you in the Midwestish?), but I know that sometimes heat and too much light can be culprits for me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I DO live in the Midwest! :cheese: (which you are right about... it is NOT hot and sunny year round! though it has been warmer lately than usual!)

I've booked an appointment for later today because after being miserable all day while interviewing people and working and having to try and hide that is NOT cool in the least :thumbdown:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
In the last days I had the same issue, just with that it starts on night (when I go sleep) and stops at late morning only, so it prevents from sleeping properly. Normal pills against headache (without recipe) didn't really help. Luckily it stopped, I reduced at least a bit the time I spend on PC and the amount of caffeine I take to me, especially before I go sleep.

But yeah, I guess it is reasonable to go see the doctor nevertheless. Could be anything.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So I went to one of those hospital clinic thingies where you don't need to book ahead because I suck at thinking ahead and planning things (unlike the man, who is happily planning the details of a trip that's 2 entire weeks from now! :shock:) and, after waiting around in the waiting room for a while, was informed that it most certainly appears as though I've been getting migraines for the past few months. Fuck that :thelook: I concluded that the prescription looked more expensive than I was willing to spend and they informed me that there's a good chance that OTC meds would be effective as well, so I'm going with that approach for a while since the appointment itself was expensive enough (more not planning... I haven't gotten around to getting health insurance :doh:)... why must life continually hit a pothole every time it seems to be running smoothly?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I already mentioned how I tried nixing caffeine, eating right/regularly & having the right vision prescription, but given that I had a headache today that was so bad it caused me to wretch over the toilet, I'm going to add more: menstruation (it's right before my period), heat (it's a hot day), craning your neck down at a computer (not something I did today, but I've considered it in the past), hrm... that's all I've got.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can sympathize... I spent Friday working in the rain with an interview tagging along with me all day who I was supposed to be asking questions and evaluating... instead I spent most of the time losing my grip on the english language and keeping tabs on where the nearest restroom was for in case I needed to throw up... and not being able to let on that anything was bothering me at all :doh:

the worst

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
That definately sounds like migraine. I had it in my high school years. Not good!

dala

MBTI Type
intp
I've had severe migraines since I was around seven or eight, and I have had scans, taken various medicines, etc for years. What I have found is that, once a migraine gets going, there's really no stopping it. While it's important to try pinpointing triggers (mine include flashing or flickering lights and fatty/salty foods), there is nothing more important than catching it before it gets bad. There are signs when one is coming on that you learn to watch for, and at that point you can sometimes prevent a full-blown migraine by taking a moderate dose of pain medicine or lying down in a quiet, cool, dark place until it's gone.

For a cheap over-the-counter medicine that kicks in quickly, you can try T1's. The moderate dose of codeine hits pretty quick, and the dose of acetaminophen is relatively small. However, you don't want to take these very often, because you will build up a tolerance.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I tend to have this *slight* headache around the right side of my temple area. It's usually triggered when I'm not doing anything, and tends to vanish when I get busy.