• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really heavily obese???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
You look great. And your parents need to shut up and stop giving you a complex.

T

ThatGirl

Well since everyone is taking one stance, I will go ahead and take the opposite.

Damn Girl! You a fatty!

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well since everyone is taking one stance, I will go ahead and take the opposite.

Damn Girl! You a fatty!

LAWL

Devil's advocacy FTL though. :footballreferee: /call foul ball

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Obese, no... Although, it wouldn't do any harm to tone up a little if your measuring tape is suggesting you've gained some unwanted weight. You don't necessarily need to set out to lose a lot of weight because you appear healthy, but just to keep exercising in your daily/weekly regimen. Maybe do some weights/body weight exercises and some rigorous walking/jogging. That never hurt anyone.

Permabanned
So, your alternative to seeking any validity in your parents concern is a boob and ass job? Seems they have done a good job already.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Are you serious?! Your TOTALLY not fat, not even CLOSE to it. One of two things is going on here.. and neither are good.

1) you are one of those twiggy girls that says things like "am i fat" fully knowing there not but hoping to receive lots of super overdone validation and compliments.. orrrr

2) your parents are not just a bit overcritical, but flat out delusional. In which case, I would readily go to the doctor to put them in check.. and also let them know that such comments are very hurtful to your self image and that they should already be aware of this.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Are you serious?! Your TOTALLY not fat, not even CLOSE to it. One of two things is going on here.. and neither are good.

1) you are one of those twiggy girls that says things like "am i fat" fully knowing there not but hoping to receive lots of super overdone validation and compliments.. orrrr

2) your parents are not just a bit overcritical, but flat out delusional. In which case, I would readily go to the doctor to put them in check.. and also let them know that such comments are very hurtful to your self image and that they should already be aware of this.

Agreed.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pretty soon the whole board - ThatGirl will be backing up your beauty.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You called her a fatty.

Whole board (minus) ThatGirl.

I was halfway kidding.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you....I think :huh:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To the OP: No.

Seriously...... no.

But I think you already kind of know this, as you acknowledge that you have a nice figure and do not seem to be running to the doctor. But as far as the nagging goes, maybe the doctor is the best option for them to assure your parents that you do not meet the clinical criteria for obesity and that your thyroid is fine.

I've had similar weight gain lately and have a shape very similar to yours. My activity level is very low so I should change that for health reasons, but other than that I'm not very concerned.

Permabanned
Someone should ban these obese posters, stealing all my browser real estate :ranting:

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think you look nice. And I don't think this is a joke:
I think your parents need to see a doctor more than you do.
Being careful with your diet and getting more exercise are a good idea for almost everyone, so I wouldn't want to discourage you from either one. But to suggest that you're clinically obese or at serious medical risk because of your weight is absurd. The behaviour you've described from your parents is frightening, and I mean that very seriously. Obviously I've only heard your side, but what you've described is not healthy, and it is troubling.

It might not hurt to get a medical professional to back you up on this. And yet, from what you've described, I doubt it would change your parents' view even if they knew it wasn't true. :( Keep your head up, and do take care of yourself.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know, I just think it must be something with my hormones, maybe my estrogen level got higher, it probably did (my life turned less stressfull lately and I thought that when you're stressed your body makes more testosterone or something). Anyways, I think my parents still compare me to the way I looked at age 14.

HPIM0020.jpg

Well, grown women are not supposed to look like fourteen year old girls.

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.