• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hearing test. Can you hear this?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can hear all of them, the 22khz was just almost out of my range. I've always been sensitive to hearing that high frequency hum of turned on electronics, esp CRTs.

F

figsfiggyfigs

well I'm deaf, I can only hear up to 12. To be fair though, I have yet to sleep since the day before.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it makes a big difference what kind of headphones or speakers you're using. The first time, I did it with no headphones at all, the second time I wore headphones and with headphones, I could (barely) hear the whole range.

Here's another thing I've noticed. I had an easier time hearing the 22 frequency than a couple of them below it. Makes me wonder if some of the frequencies were mistakenly placed out of order.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can hear up to around 15khz. 14khz is the last one that's clearly audible at normal volume, but I can just barely hear 15 and 16 if I turn the volume all the way up.

I'm 22, but I've been basically deaf in my right ear since I was 14. My hearing loss is probably a little accelerated.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can hear up to the 17 with the speakers turned up.

But I do hear some sort of strange sound at the 20 and 21...

I wonder how much of this is due to the very basic speakers on my computer monitor... as I'm usually really sensitive to really high pitches.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can Clearly hear up to 18, then I can very faintly hear the rest, but it isn't consistent enough.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I can't hear above 2800 Hz. I can't even get close to any of those without my hearing aids.

F

figsfiggyfigs

alright, so I did it with my earphones, and I can hear 22.

Damn laptop speakers. >":E