• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"The Writing Diet"

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't need to lose weight but I had to buy this a few weeks ago as soon as I saw it. I think you could use the techniques to break any bad habit, especially if you're looking for a creative way to do it.
Amazon.com: The Writing Diet: Write Yourself Right-Size: Books: Julia Cameron
It's a diet book for intuitives!

The style is a little fluffy for my tastes ( :wubbie: intimately authentic self-knowledge!! :hug: :sick: ) but most of the underlying reasons make sense to me. I can see how it might be easier sometimes to overpower your feelings with some physical stimulation from a favorite vice instead of confronting them or solving the underlying problem. Writing provides clarity and makes the procrastination or distraction seem silly if you write often enough (especially when your craving strikes). She also suggests going on solitary walks, and I can really attest to that. A good walk makes everything fall into place. So yeah, 'food for thought'.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Sounds interesting. Her book The Artist's Way is considered a classic.

Cameron was famously married and divorced from Martin Scorsese.

Jae Rae