• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Get TG Skinny in 30 Days or Less

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
There again, I don't believe in dieting, I think it messes up one's metabolism. Better to permanently change the way you eat and work on speeding up your metabolism.

This.
There's a reason why the diet industry is a billion dollar industry...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Marm, she's not doing Atkins, she's eating carbs. Her snackpack is carrot, cheese, and sugar snaps -- those are sweet vegetables, not leafy greens -- at least it's not refined carbs, but that's plenty carbs. Yogurt is like mainlining sugar -- you may as well eat ice cream. Tortilla chips and pepperjack, more carbs, a little protein. Read the thread.

Carrots, cheese, and even snap peas are not sugary, they are vegetables and have no complex carbs. I don't know what kind of yogurt she's eating, I often eat plain yogurt so I didn't presume it had sugar in it...still no complex carbohydrates. Greek yogurt in fact is high in protein.

If the tortilla chips are made out of corn or whole wheat, it's better than white flour.

I did read the thread, just interpreted it differently than you.

T

ThatGirl

This is me three months ago. I don't think it looks manly.

zx63jb.jpg

I have always had core dominant strength. It is my legs and arms that could use work.

Diet Log:

I know I need to keep improving on the design of my diet, but it is hard when you feel like one step is better than the last, and want to just get used to that first.

I had my coffee this morning, snack pack at lunch, skipped the yogurt. Oddly enough I didn't get as cranky today, though that is probably because I took an advil when I felt the symptoms kicking in.

On my lunch break I walked again. This time my calves weren't killing me, and I sort of got into a rhythm. I was feeling good, so it was almost unfortunate that my work out was over.

I did my sit ups when I got home.

Today was the first day I put on my old scrubs without them leaving hicky marks on my thighs from trying to pull them up....

I have more cheek bone definition, and my skin is looking better too.

I will eat the same old, tortilla chips and tapatio tonight if I get hungry, and will try to work in a yogurt.

I am planning to swim for my work out tomorrow.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you're taking advil to take away hunger pains?

This isn't helping your metabolism. Small, frequent meals are what speed up your metabolism.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Which you get every day from a drop in blood sugar?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you would eat small meals throughout the day of things like - oatmeal with no sugar, a boiled egg or two, pieces of cheese with raw vegetables, plain rather than sweetened yogurt - it would help to maintain your blood sugar and your metabolism, keep you from getting cranky.

I'd like to mention again that things like nuts, beans, non-creamy soups, and whole grains are always good, especially if you're seeing too much dairy in the above suggestions.

Do you like tuna or sardines? Lentil and spinach soup? Stuff like that?

T

ThatGirl

No I hate beans, and have a legit fear of fish, even though I know I probably crave it often.

I most often crave something lean, fresh, substantial, and light and fast.

Eggs, meat, beans, all seem "heavy" to me.

I like lean, light, and energetic foods.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nothing you eat is substantial. Beans are both substantial and light and fresh, one of the best things you can eat. So are lean cuts of fish and poultry. Eggs are actually very good for you eaten in moderation boiled or poached.

"Lean, fresh, light, and substantial" also doesn't describe your beloved ramen, ftr.

I don't think you know how to eat properly. I don't mean that as an insult, I just think you don't.

What about hummus with your vegetables?

Unsweetened peanut butter or almond butter with fruit?

Salads with vinagrette or oil/vinegar and chicken or fish or boiled eggs?

Tofu with brown rice.

Quinoa with beans or meat.

Homemade soups! Man, borscht is freaking wonderful. I have the best recipe for it - it's full of vegetables, and you can put any kind of meat you want in it, and skip the sour cream if you want. It also lasts.

T

ThatGirl

Actually ramen is loaded with MSG. But it is easy to prepare. What I do is cook the noodles via microwave, then drain them, add about a half packet (if that) of seasoning, douse it with vinegar, and add a tablespoon of garlic chili sauce.

It is substantial, because it is food. Not heavy, light, and satisfying.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, you could make some brown rice just as quickly in the microwave, and it would have a hell of lot less fat and sodium, better carbs, et al. It's just that you'd have to eat something with it, and you don't like beans.

You clearly don't like to cook.

Whole grain bread with peanut butter and honey?

Cracked wheat or rye crackers with cheese?

V

violaine

I'm talking about the front on view wrt to the square waist thing I've observed in women who do too much core work.

T

ThatGirl

Not true I love to cook.

Little known fact, I can whip up anything Italian in like thirty min flat.

I am not creative.

I sometimes make dishes of what I call white enchiladas.

Flour tortillas, ortega peppers, sour cream, olives, onions, cream of chicken, cream of celery, chicken, and cheese.

I freeze that in individual servings.

Chicken and Rice:

Brown rice with pepper jack, cream of chicken, peppers, some lemon pepper chicken, and jack cheese.

Italian:

Slowly roasted Tenderloin shredded into a tomato based sauce served over noodles. And I mean one/half cup noodles to 3 cups sauce.

I like my shit soupy.

Topped with peccorino romano and parmiagiana reggiano (even mix).

Yes I cant spell.

I also make thai hot and sour soup....though the mushrooms freak me out, and I dont even know where to begin looking for ear fungus root.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Great. Just switch to corn or whole wheat tortillas instead of white flour. Use whole grain noodles.

Here's the borscht recipe. It's excellent with stew beef, or you could use chicken. It takes forever to actually make, but then you would have borscht for DAYS. You could even freeze half of it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's delicious and better for you than ramen. I promise it contains no beans.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
I most often crave something lean, fresh, substantial, and light and fast.
I like lean, light, and energetic foods.

Sounds like you may enjoy juicing, I use an Omega 8004, carrots as the base juice, then a whole bunch of kale, its quick light energy and nutrition packed, literally more healthy nutrients in 1 quart of that juice that I drank every morning than in the average fellow americans weekly diet,lol... Also, if you cut out all caffeine and refined sugars youl feel a million times better, I never felt better in my life when I did that! (ive fallen off the wagon a bit over the last couple months,lol)

If your into any grains, Quinoa is amazing, its super high in protein, and has a sweet nutty flavor sprouted, or a richer nuttier flavor lightly toasted, I love to use it and toasted oats, a few chopped almonds, brazil nuts, raw honey and craisins to make a delicious high energy granola bar...

I could go on forever, but I will stop with this, do you like lentils? hey are wonderful in soups, sprouted in wraps/sandwiches, I love radish and mustard and broccoli sprouts a lot as well...

One important thing with juicing too,

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Carrots, cheese, and even snap peas are not sugary, they are vegetables and have no complex carbs.

Fruits and vegetables have carbohydrates. Carrots and sugar snap peas have a lot of sugar.

Peas, edible-podded, raw [Snowpeas, Sugar snap peas]

The good: This food is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Folate, Iron and Manganese.

The bad: A large portion of the calories in this food come from sugars. (71% carbohydrate)
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2518/2

Carrots, baby, raw

The good: This food is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Iron, Potassium and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin K and Manganese.

The bad: A large portion of the calories in this food come from sugars. (92% carbohydrates)

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/3026/2