• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Get TG Skinny in 30 Days or Less

T

ThatGirl

So, I put off writing this post, but time to face the music.

I didn't feel well today at all, so I cooked my soupy pasta, with spinach and cheese tortolini. I have been snacking on that all day today. Relaxing. I didn't do any of my work out.

Till tomorrow....

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ive been using http://www.livestrong.com/ to track calories, its an awesome site that tracks everything for you, calories, fiber, carbs, etc, it has tons of other tools as well (graphs tracking progress, BMI calculator, etc). Check it out and add me as a friend too if you join!

T

ThatGirl

Excellent website, Ty.

Update, despite my not wanting to at all.

I managed to eat, my regular snack pack, had my coffee (less one shot of espresso), went for my walk. Later I will eat my yogurt.

I don't have a scale at home, so I will have to weigh in tomorrow. Probably wont eat dinner.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
teeg, it's good to do exercises that will tone your muscles. Muscle definition will make one look less flabby, regardless of if they're still carrying around a little excess weight.

I haven't read this thread closely, but I saw that you were doing 100 crunches... Hopefully you're not doing this in attempts at weight loss because exercises such as crunches/push-ups etc. won't help you lose weight they will only work towards muscle tone. You're going to want to focus on jogging/biking/swimming... anything that elevates your heart rate and requires an increase in oxygen consumption. I may be telling you something you already know, but it's amazing how many people think crunches on it's own is a proper step towards flattening your stomach. Couldn't be further from true.

Good luck, teeg!

T

ThatGirl

I agree and thanks. I have always had a cut stomach. Mostly because I have done crunches since I was 12. I am now also trying to redefine that tone, and walk to increase my heat rate. I carried TK around the block today.

If you don't think that is a work out, let me assure you, this kid does not position himself for ease, nor carry his own weight.

So it is like walking with a book on your head, and a 40 lb sack of potatoes on your back.

I really hope this works. Something tells me I am heading in the right direction.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I agree and thanks. I have always had a cut stomach. Mostly because I have done crunches since I was 12. I am now also trying to redefine that tone, and walk to increase my heat rate. I carried TK around the block today.

If you don't think that is a work out, let me assure you, this kid does not position himself for ease, nor carry his own weight.

So it is like walking with a book on your head, and a 40 lb sack of potatoes on your back.

I really hope this works. Something tells me I am heading in the right direction.

You know when you're body is working. You seem convinced that it is. Keep an elevated heart rate and work up a sweat for 30-45 minutes a day. Fuel your appetite with healthy meals, preferably smaller meals but about 5 times a day. Don't skip breakfast. It charges your body's metabolic rate for the day.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Also, a meal can be like carrots and peanut butter, or a cup of yogurt and some granola - I'm not talking about 5 entree meals.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I didn't lose that much weight with the thing I usually do, but god I got skinny quick!

Here are some more recommendations:

- Work out to the point where you can't walk for a couple days. Serious workouts like these burn lots of calories, get you in shape, toned etc. depending on what sort of workouts you do. Cardio/core training usually works, but even lifting weights can help too.

-Make fruits and veggies the staple of your diet. Low sodium soups can become your friend at that point, and they're super cheap too.

- Watch portions, if you go out and eat, always save half a plate for tomorrow's lunch or something, as most restaurants give several more portions than people should consume, usually.

- Replace any white grains with brown or whole grain (like brown rice instead of white rice, whole grain bread vs white bread etc.)

- It's OKAY to treat yourself sparingly!!! Eating one of those mini Twix bars or something small is okay.

- Try and drink water at every meal instead of carbonated beverages or juices.

- Try and drink lots of water, period.

- Snack small throughout the day

- Don't eat after 7 pm

There's probably more, but that's all I can remember from my diet regimens in high school. :shrug:

T

ThatGirl

This diet really is making me angry and have mood swings. Now I know where they get the term 'skinny bitch' but it is working!

Still I may need to make a few adjustments.

Just don't say give up coffee because THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Or maybe my body will just adjust as I lose weight? This is the first time I have ever really tried to diet.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Bananas dipped in Trader Joe's cranberry apple butter.

Slip an egg on a piece of toast in the micro for :50. Either that or a shake of oatmeal with milk. Blueberries, swirl of honey.

Experiment.

Buy a jumprope, locate a cushy surface (recycled tire layering under park swings work), then build up reps using an interval.

Maybe 20 - 5 - 20 -7 - 20 - 9 - 18 -11 -16 - 13, then bring both up gradually.

Whatever. As long as your heartrate goes up, you win.

Study different jumps. Determine which are most effective.

Find music you really enjoy and jump to that. Or dance around the house. Whatevs. Shit's fun.

Ditch the jumproping if you ever decide to take up running! I have another post in me for that.

At the very least, stretch everyday. Find anything (preferably outside, as floor grip is easier to maintain) to perform maybe 20-30 seconds of a forward lunge stretch. Hold either foot up to your butt for about the same length. Make a V with your legs, loosen that back by twisting shoulders either way, reach for either foot for a few. Sit down and reach for your feet. I like to braid my fingers around my shoes so my nose is scrunched against my kneecap. Work towards that.

Above is in any order. Sometimes it helps to jump around before, during or whenever, maybe in one place;
it doesn't matter.
Just to have an idea of how your heart's feeling.

Moreover, pushups really are very effective at working the entire body, so don't take them off the table altogether.

This looks like something you could easily do.
PushUp-Table-(2)-.300.jpg

Someone already say drink your goddamn water yet?

T

ThatGirl

Update:

I ate my snack pack today, walked around the block at work during my lunch time, while listening to music and posting on the forum. Had my yogurt to curb the mid-day crankiness. Completed my sit ups. Will eat dinner later when I am feeling hungry.

Stretching is an excellent point. I forgot about that. Don't want to lose flexibility. Also stretching feels good. More mobile.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This diet really is making me angry and have mood swings. Now I know where they get the term 'skinny bitch' but it is working!

Or maybe my body will just adjust as I lose weight? This is the first time I have ever really tried to diet.

If you're not eating enough carbs you can become irritable or depressed. That's why I never recommend the Atkins Diet because only certain people's bodies can handle it.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I'm not sure what you're diet is, but you really shouldn't cut anything out of it (the only exception would be trans fats), as your body needs those things to function properly. You need carbs, you need fats, you need sodium, etc. But maybe not as much. Cutting stuff out of a routine diet is only going to bite you in the ass later.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Marm, she's not doing Atkins, she's eating carbs. Her snackpack is carrot, cheese, and sugar snaps -- those are sweet vegetables, not leafy greens -- at least it's not refined carbs, but that's plenty carbs. Yogurt is like mainlining sugar -- you may as well eat ice cream. Tortilla chips and pepperjack, more carbs, a little protein. Read the thread.

V

violaine

Every trainer I've had says that women don't eat enough protein. Good rule of thumb is at least 1 gram of protein per kilogram of body weight (divide weight in pounds by 2.2). You need even more protein if you are active. I used to be a vegetarian and I had to do so much exercise to stay trim. Now that I eat meat and get enough protein, I hardly have to do a thing to stay small. I do some yoga and a bit of walking and that's it. So much easier and I don't get hungry the way I used to when I was a vegetarian. There's a reason why a lot of vegetarians I know are chubby. (Not that that's necessarily a bad look, I've just noticed a lot of them find it hard to look firm and trim.). There again, I don't believe in dieting, I think it messes up one's metabolism. Better to permanently change the way you eat and work on speeding up your metabolism.

Also, I think core work (crunches, pilates) gives women a square waist. Do not want. It takes a bit of experimentation to find what works best for each body but imo too much core work makes women develop the more masculine V-shape.