• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Get TG Skinny in 30 Days or Less

T

ThatGirl

Ha, me too. As a kid I would opt for steak over desert any day.

Okay, update.

Today I had coffee for breakfast, ate a yogurt before lunch, then at lunch had another of those carrot, sugar snap, and cheese meals.

I drank water instead of soda, with the exception of my daily 44oz diet coke. Non negotiable.

I haven't eaten dinner or done any work out yet. Will do the work out, probably not those lunges, or the walking.....

Fine, I didnt stick to the diet, and I am only doing sit ups tonight.....:/ and realistically speaking I am probably not going to eat dinner. If I do get hungry though, I have already decided I am going to have wheat thins and pepper jack dipped in mustard and hot sauce.....

Is a work in progress people.

T

ThatGirl

Okay that was stupid. I am going to do the sit ups, then take TK around for a walk while I do my laundry, then eat some wheat thins. Sigh. The squats need a better motivator.

Be back when I have completed that much, not allowed back, till that much is finished. >.<

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wheat thins and pepper jack cheese are not bad choices, actually, in context of the fact that wheat thins are whole grain, and mustard is low-calorie and fat-free, and hot sauce has like almost zero calories and helps speed up with metabolism.

That really isn't so bad, especially considering how low your calorie intake was the rest of the day. There are worse things!

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think this sounds like progress anyway, TG. Maybe instead of trying to do it all in 30 days, if you assess each day by whether you are going in a better direction or a worse one than the day before, that is a good place to start. I'm working on that, anyway! Do you feel sick when you eat more, are you busy, is the food just not around, is money an issue, or do you feel guilty eating? I think if you can narrow down what the reason is, it will help you in dealing with it. Coffee is not a meal!!! I worry about you! Eat!

T

ThatGirl

Annnnd back!

That's what I thought too Marm.

Fidelia, yes I feel very bad the more I eat, especially when my metabolism is low. I am very sensitive to chemicals, and MSG. See thread "What is the deal with sodium," or something like that. So I get dizzy, lethargic, honestly the more I eat the more it seems like I smoked a huge bag of marijuana. :/

It is also a time issue. I don't want to stop and eat. I have always hated making a production out of a meal. Dinner dates.....ugh. I am either eating or doing something else, and as odd as this sounds, I tend to view eating as a lesser priority.

Also, I don't keep a lot of good food on hand. This is because it tends to go bad before I have a chance to get around to it. So, packaged and slowly perishable foods ftw. Go ramen!

Also, between work (which is a desk job) and school, I sit a lot. So even though I am active, I am not physically active. I tend to think three meals a day was developed when people were raising barns every day.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think this sounds like progress anyway, TG. Maybe instead of trying to do it all in 30 days, if you assess each day by whether you are going in a better direction or a worse one than the day before, that is a good place to start. I'm working on that, anyway! Do you feel sick when you eat more, are you busy, is the food just not around, is money an issue, or do you feel guilty eating? I think if you can narrow down what the reason is, it will help you in dealing with it. Coffee is not a meal!!! I worry about you! Eat!
I agree with fidelia - limit your eating like that is worrisome. Think about it in terms of quality, not quantity; follow a balanced diet, and get enough calories in each day. Find healthy food you like, so you won't be miserable. That way, it won't feel like a chore - it'll be a positive lifestyle change. :)

Also, I agree with the 30-day complaint - you probably shouldn't think of this as a temporary thing. If you tell yourself it's only temporary, then you'll go back to your old ways once the 30 days are up, and you'll gain all the weight back. So if you want to lose weight for good, then you need to think about how you want to eat and exercise in the long term.

T

ThatGirl

Also, I did my sit ups.

Then I sorted the laundry and walked down the stairs to put it in. Then around the block up the stairs to return the soap, around the block, then up the stairs to let TK go to the bathroom. Around the block, up the stairs to get the softener.....you get the idea.

I ate tortilla chips and salsa, since I realized TK ate all the wheat thins, with pepper jack cheese and Tapatio.

T

ThatGirl

LOL, there is a trend on this thread (even now):
TG: "I am going to diet insanely for 30 days!"
Everyone else: "But you don't need to!!! :( "
TG: (ignores everyone): "Today I exercised a lot and ate almost nothing."
Everyone else: "But that's bad for you!!! :( "
TG: (ignores everyone)

So I don't know if this will get ignored too, but seriously, you shouldn't think of this as a temporary thing - just like what fidelia said. If you tell yourself it's only temporary, then you'll go back to your old ways once the 30 days are up, and you'll gain all the weight back. So if you want to lose weight for good, then you need to think about how you want to eat and exercise in the long term - i.e. FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. :yes: And just like fidelia said, eat more food. Don't think about it in terms of quantity of food. Remember to follow a balanced diet, and get enough calories in each day. There's a recommended number, you know - keep that in mind.

It is actually more about maintaining a weight. Also, yeah, I am not looking at the overall. I am going to see how the next 30 days work, maximizing the full potential of the effort, then reassess.

Also, by skinny, I mean I just want to fit in the clothes I own again.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is actually more about maintaining a weight. Also, yeah, I am not looking at the overall. I am going to see how the next 30 days work, maximizing the full potential of the effort, then reassess.

Also, by skinny, I mean I just want to fit in the clothes I own again.
Ok :) Sorry about that. I got concerned by the post where you were talking about "not sticking to the diet", and skipping meals. When I hear people talk like that, I tend to go on Te ranting autopilot about my anti-dieting philosophy :laugh: :doh: Sounds like you have a plan though. Reassessing = always good.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Mealtimes are a time not just to get full, but to reconnect with the people you live with and to provide or receive emotional sustenance as well. If you think of it in those terms, you actually are accomplishing something very valuable by taking time for enjoying an attractive and healthy meal together with the people who matter most to you (TK). You both come away with a little bit more margin left in your life physically, emotionally and energy wise. Not only that, but you actually have saved yourself time by taking time to refuel. You will be a lot more productive in everything that you do, even if it takes a little while for your body to become accustomed to the routine.

T

ThatGirl

Idk Fidelia, something seems to get lost in translation when you are trying to interact with someone who has food spilling out of their mouth or has to pause for thirty seconds between thoughts.

Update,

Breakfast: Coffee
Lunch: same snack pack
Snack: yogurt
Dinner: tortilla chips and pepper jack

I am sore as hell. Earlier I found myself using my hands to aid my crossing legs.

My skin looks healthier. More youthful, and I think I can see cheek bones popping through again.

I have lost some of the puffiness, but my body looks crazy. Probably shaping itself.

I endured a boost in energy, but migraines, some flushed sweatiness. Like either hyper vigilant or overly tired. Probably my metabolism adjusting.

I weighed in at 145.5 today.

I did my sit ups, though my tail bone is getting sore, I have decided I am going to do crunches, with lunges, on the weekends.

I walked with TK and my nephew, who rode bikes to "pace" me.

I don't feel like typing a lot....

And that was the update.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
3. I would NOT diet. this 30-day thing is bullshit.

Agreed. A change in diet is not a quick fix, it should be thought of as a permanent thing. Any 'diet' that you go on should be designed as if you are prepared to follow it for the rest of your life.

T

ThatGirl

Yeah I realized that....

Okay, today I walked, ate the same thing I eat every day, weighed in at 144.5.

I have noticed though, that I am looking forward to or craving my meals. Before, I used to eat a top ramen at night, and wouldn't think twice about food.

Now, I am like, Oh god food time!

The other thing I noticed is that my coffee is hitting me a lot harder than it used to...making me shaky. I also noticed that I get INCREDIBLY cranky around 1pm.

Like hyper sensitive to everything around me.

The other thing I noticed, is that I keep waking up at 5am. An hour earlier, and not able to get back to sleep.

It is like I have a bunch of energy, but I am not sure it is good energy, because it is cranky, hyper-vigilant, clumsy, less focused, etc.

Idk, is this normal?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Back off on the coffee, now that your system is getting real food.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Substitute a boiled egg for the yogurt. Eat a piece of cheese in the morning. At 1 pm, have a handful of nuts. Put some protein in there and it will smooth things out.

T

ThatGirl

Well I tried, at least a little bit.

Today wasn't so great diet wise. So far I had one of those hummus plates from Starbucks, and coffee. I just got busy. I am not at home, but I will do my sit ups when I get there. I didn't walk. Didn't weigh myself.

Sigh

At least the hummus plate had some chicken in it!

Woo hoo.