• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Split Ends, ARRRGHHH!

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Split ends are the bane of my existence. I hate them, and my hair is prone to them. It seems like even the very day I get my hair trimmed, I still find split ends! It's infuriating!! :steam::steam:

Of course there are tons of hair products that claim to reduce pr prevent (or even repair) split ends, but I've never found one that works. Has anyone here found a product that seems to help, or have any other tips about how to prevent split ends? I don't want to get my hair trimmed too often, because I'm trying to grow it out, but it grows slowly.

rav3n

You must have baby fine hair which is lovely, especially to the touch. You're going to have to be really careful with it. Very gentle shampoos and light but deep penetrating conditioners. I've heard that Kerastase has a good line for your type hair.

Also, after washing, don't rub with a towel. Just squeeze the excess moisture out with a towel. No twisting. If at all possible, no hair dryer or any kind of iron whether straightening or curling. Be very careful when tying your hair back. Use soft scrunchies.

I don't have personal experience with your type hair but my friend has a really bad time with split ends too so these are some things she does.