• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Question Concerning Weight Lifting

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For the past year I have been on and off in weight lifting, off when I usually feel too tired to lift at all. Then I'll usually get back in again and after several months become tired yet again. I've been wondering what the reason might be behind this, and what I can do try and overcome it.

First, what would be an ideal diet for someonw weightlifiting at least every other day? Should I exclude foods such as coffee, sode, unhealthy junk, greasy stuff from my diet?

Secondly, I think I may have hemochromatosis, becuase I often become tired when lifting or exercising, and the few times that I have donated blood in my life I felt extrmely energetic afterward, enough so that I actually ran a mile and engaged in fast paced sports easily that following day.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's pretty vague. Tired when exercising? Ok....yeah....Tired sometimes? Ok....sure....I don't think it would be related to the weight lifting. Depression maybe, or just lack of motivation, high stress, diet, weather....anything really.

First, what would be an ideal diet for someonw weightlifiting at least every other day? Should I exclude foods such as coffee, sode, unhealthy junk, greasy stuff from my diet?
An "ideal diet" for anyone excludes unhealthy stuff like soda and junk/processed food, and minimizes if not excludes greasy foods. I don't know about coffee, I think it's fine barring the sugar and cream. If you're asking if it'll interfere with building muscle, I don't know, other than it's preventing you from eating better food, which you need. Soda is awful - nothing but bad stuff in there, wrapped up in a lot of calories and a sugar spike.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Randomnity
That's pretty vague. Tired when exercising? Ok....yeah....Tired sometimes? Ok....sure....I don't think it would be related to the weight lifting. Depression maybe, or just lack of motivation, high stress, diet, weather....anything really.

Well usually its becuase I feel at least somewhat tired in general, especially days after lifting, although this may be becuase I am overlifitng. But considering how many factors can play a role in that I probably should see if it is something physically related.

An "ideal diet" for anyone excludes unhealthy stuff like soda and junk/processed food, and minimizes if not excludes greasy foods. I don't know about coffee, I think it's fine barring the sugar and cream. If you're asking if it'll interfere with building muscle, I don't know, other than it's preventing you from eating better food, which you need. Soda is awful - nothing but bad stuff in there, wrapped up in a lot of calories and a sugar spike.

In that case, ther goes half my diet. But yeah, I should cut down on certain foods that I eat way too often (soda being a major one that I consume all the time).