• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

White or Brown?

Which one do you like better?

• Total voters

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
What type of sugar do you like better - white, or brown?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
usually brown - i like turbinado and demerara.

though, nothing beats a warm bowl of rice with butter and white sugar.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any sugar is fine as long as you don't give me something like Splenda :sick:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love Splenda.

But if I must eat sugar I prefer raw sugar or evaporated cane juice.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Yes. Splenda is great. I've given up on sugar for the past year and started relying on substitutes. I've my reasons.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Usually honey, sometimes brown sugar. Splenda is nasty :sick:, I can't even drink commercial drinks flavoured with it. It tastes really "off".

white is good for baking things though. Like sugar cookies and sugar-crusted ginger snaps :drool:

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I love brown. It's got more flavour. I grew up putting brown sugar on my French toast and I still prefer the taste.

I've started using Splenda a lot lately. I had no idea some people had an aversion to it; it tastes pretty much the same as sugar to me. :shrug:

I don't like honey much by itself (as in honey on toast, etc.), but it's okay when it's mixed with yogurt or tea or a smoothie.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try stevia. (google it)

Splenda will give you brain tumors and birth defects.

=(^____^)=

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Oh wrong word/mind association lol oops.

Yeah in the case of splenda, at least it's not aspartame. But I would rather put something in my body that I know is natural and extracted directly from a plant, and also healthy - stevia .. than something that has been chemically synthesized.

The trick to stevia is that you can't add too much. I have baked successfully with stevia. I just replace the bulk that the sugar would contribute with something else.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Well, now I feel odd for being the only one having voted for white sugar :whistling:

White sugar is just way more common here. I don't really use much sugar actually, besides the one which is already in products like sweets and some drinks. Since I am used to white sugar I voted for it.

Btw is Splenda artificial sugar / sweetener? If so then I agree, I hate it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Brown. I suppose I'd use white for baking and other things. I might switch to honey, I have a ton of it from making mead and I do like it, just handn't thought of it. I'm trying to stay away from things with corn syrup, and I'll take anything artificial in a diet soda.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I think Splenda tastes fine. I use it in tea and in some baking. Mostly because Im the kind of person who dumps half a cup of sugar into their tea, hahaha. I use WAY too much to be consuming that much real sugar.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yup, t'is brown sugar FTW.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Brown Sugar is best overall, but it doesn't work for everything. Sometimes you just gotta use the white sugar. -- Sweet 'N Low is my fave sweetener though.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't run across any artificial sweetner that likes ME :shock:

as far as real sugars go, I'm a brown sugar girl, in many different ways :whistling: