• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Under The Eyes ( ladies)

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm 33, and suddenly, I've started getting fine lines under my eyes. It was almost overnight. Granted, I had a serious medical issue three years ago, which almost killed me, and depleted me badly, which might have put mileage on the chassis, but still... :huh: I've been going the natural route so far, using the time honored Italian tradition of extra virgin olive oil on my face twice a day, which works marvelously to calm my skin. But obviously, it isn't a miracle cure for lines. Any of you chickies have a regimen you prefer, and would like to share? I don't want to have a bunch of lines under my eyes at my age.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
They've invented many products in the past few years which will slow or supposedly even reverse aging, most of which are fairly expensive, including "cheaper" drug store brands like Oil of Olay Regenerist or L'Oreal Revitalift. However, if you want to invest fifteen or twenty dollars into something you're only going to put around the eye area, it might actually last you for several months.

Of course you could obtain old-fashioned original Oil of Olay for much cheaper, you know the kind that is pink...a lot of older women in my family swore by it.

Pond's cold cream is also something that women used back in the day instead of soap to cleanse their face because it has moisturizing properties. I think in your thirties is the best time to start using it unless you're still prone to acne break-outs.

I don't know if I'm just saying things you already know, because I honestly don't know any home remedies especially for the eye area. Egg white masks once a week are good for overall skin care, to maintain a more youthful appearance, but you don't put them on the eye area.

The tip about olive oil is interesting. I'd never heard of it. :)

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
what you put into your body has a huge impact on your skin.
so diet is important in line and wrinkle prevention as much
as it is to limit sun exposure.

product wise, i never skimp on stuff i'm going to put on my face.
i like sisley. pricey, but oh so excellent. i love the all day all year
lotion.

for the eyes i use the sisleya eye cream.

i also pull coconut oil.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Olive oil? I've never tried that. I'll have to.

Masks made of blended strawberries are supposed to be really good. Obviously, daily use of high SPF broad-spectrum sunscreen is essential. Exfoliating is supposed to help (Paula's choice makes a good BHA or AHA liquid or gel that is gentle, but chemically exfoliates). Retin-A is supposed to be the gold standard thing, but I can't get it here without seeing a doctor and they don't really prescribe that kind of thing much. However, you can get gentler retinoid versions of same that do the same thing, just a bit slower. Avoiding sugar is supposed to make a really big difference as does staying out of the sun.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I found a product through Vitacost - they have an in house brand called CSI - it's a Vitamin C serum that's supposed to be great for under the eye. I was interested in their product line because they're almost preservative-free, since I react to them.

Marm - yeah, the olive oil thing was such a surprise. Domino had heard about it being this wonderful moisturizer, but we both thought it would just make our faces sticky and gross, not to mention making oily skin oilier. But it doesn't. It actually behaves like the sebum your skin naturally makes, so it's quickly absorbed, and reduces inflammation and break outs, since it's high in Omega 3 and vitamin E.

Tewt - I've heard of hemorrhoid cream for puffiness under the eyes, but never for fine lines. I'm assuming you've tried this before?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'll have to try the Vitamin C serum stuff. I know that you can get the same effects from fresh fruit, but it requires buying and making masks and then putting them on for 20 minutes. Can't see doing it in the long term. I had reservations about the olive oil thing too because of texture. How much do you ladies use at a time?

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, my grandmother recommended it to me so I just tried it briefly and it worked. It tightened the skin around my eyes, not just under the eyes.

I don't know how well it works long term or any product for that matter. You just gotta stop smiling! Or learn how to do the frozen smile where it doesn't go all the way up to your eyes...but I'm guessing that would be pretty hard for an enfp.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I had no fine lines under my eyes until I was 32, and then they just appeared. BUT, if you'll notice, most women have lines around their eyes well before that age, often from being in the sun and from repetitive movement. There were people in my high school that had more lines then than I do now. Don't panic--it's been a couple of years since I discovered them and they haven't gotten worse.

Don't put anything heavy around your eyes--I'd go light on the olive oil, even. The hemorrhoid cream would just be a temporary fix, and is usually used for puffiness. I would be afraid of using it regularly.

I've used Ponds Cold Cream for years on my whole face, and it's always worked really well. Keeps my dry skin hydrated and wrinkle-free. Take care of your skin, get lots of sleep, and stay out of the sun; I'm sure you do all that already, b/c you look fabulous. That's really the best thing you can do. Don't obsess over the eye lines. I did when I first got them, but now I hardly notice them, and neither does anyone else.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I used Oil of Olay products until I was about 35 and even their high end products didn't help enough. I've used Philosophy products for about 7 years now and I can't say enough about them. I usually buy from QVC as their prices are better but check out the kits on their website.

philosophy official site | skin care products | bath & beauty | perfume

I use Eye Believe and Dark Shadows for my eyes.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
And then there are men like me.. Who think mature beauty beats youthful beauty 7 days a week!!!..

When I was in high school my friends never had to worry about me hitting on their sisters, they were too busy trying to keep me away from their moms.. :devil:

There is nothing sexier than crows feet.. Wise feminine eyes .. *swoons*

There is hope ladies.. I can't possibly be alone in my obsession.