• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you phase out smoking marijuana from your life?

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
I always feel bad for the folks that need to pay for something I can get for free.

obviously you dont feel bad if you can get it for free and dont share with your friends who do smoke. :newwink:

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
obviously you dont feel bad if you can get it for free and dont share with your friends who do smoke. :newwink:

I think you missed what he was trying to say. ;)

Mole

Permabanned
Perhaps we might approach it intellectually by reading the literature in scientific journals about the harm done by marijuana.

Of course when the scientific journals started to report on the harm done by tobacco, it was at first denied by the tobacco companies and then fought for many decades while their customers sickened and died. And we can expect the same from the marijuana lobby.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? I can't exactly do all that. My friends... they are some of those that offer it lol. I definitely hear you though

If you can't ditch those friends, then you have to move to another area. If you can't move away, then you're SOL.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Way to pointlessly necro a thread, [MENTION=15790]ilikeitlikethat[/MENTION]

Lark

Phasing out things NEVER worked for me, I just quite ALTOGETHER anything which I have to stop.

And being disciplined enough to accomplish that is way, way, way more satisfactory than any toxic rush or high or low whatever.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yes, I used to smoke weed like crazy. The first step to figuring out how to come off of weed is to figure out why you are smoking it? Is it just because you are bored, are you a social smoker, do you do it to help with anxiety, etc?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
summon age old topics

Mole

Permabanned
The marijuana trance can be ended like any trance : just introduce a small extraneous element into the trance.

metalmommy

so ready
Get older, have kids, work full time, decide to go back to college full time. Worked like a charm for me.

xisnotx

Permabanned
^It's why I don't mind smoking now...
I'm guessing in a couple years my opportunity to do so will be virtually non existent.
I have a friend, he's older than me, and he's "semi married"...he sneaks out of the house maybe once every 6 months to come smoke with us.
It's actually pretty sad...
And probably my very own future...

Other than that, as long as it doesn't affect your life too much otherwise, I see no reason not to. It beats drinking any day...

Also, if you haven't gone through at least three drug addictions in you life...you're doing something wrong.

metalmommy

so ready
^ probably wise. I never intended to quit. I planned to smoke forever! But after nodding off mid homework a few too many times, I just did it less and less...and now I just don't. It wasn't a choice, it just sorta happened...