• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weird vertigo problems

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
So I've always had this thing where anytime I was lying down had my head tilted to one side and then I'd suddenly stand up or straighten out I'd get some hardcore vertigo and everythign would go black for a bit.

Lately I've been exploiting this while bored at work or in class... I will just tilt my head over and feel a crazy brief high for like a minute. Is this uh.. unhealthy? Cause it's pretty neat and I like it a lot.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
I'm not an expert, but it sounds like the hardcore vertigo you're experiencing is just a rush of blood leaving your brain. I don't think it's unhealthy... that is, unless you start drinking motor oil while you're doing it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm not an expert, but it sounds like the hardcore vertigo you're experiencing is just a rush of blood leaving your brain. I don't think it's unhealthy... that is, unless you start drinking motor oil while you're doing it.

well you know drinking motor oil while experience hardcore vertigo is what all the cool kids do.

yeah justher, i experience this occasionally as well it usually means i'm either dehydrated or low blood sugar

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Just make sure you switch to 20W in the winter or your brain might have trouble starting.

.... I always get the dizzy rush when I'm crouching in a bookstore, then stand up. It's kind of a rush -- although passing out wouldn't be much fun.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
could be poor blood circulation,
or anemia,
or congestion that limits oxygen flow to the brain,
or inner ear problems (which is where the vertigo could come from)

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
It IS a middle ear thing.

My question was about possible risks of making it happen unecessarily. I wasn't asking for a diagnosis!

KDude

You should see a doctor..You might like it now :)confused:), but I'm sure it's not healthy to experience this at will. My mom has vertigo.. it can become a pretty disabling problem.

F

figsfiggyfigs

could be poor blood circulation,
or anemia,
or congestion that limits oxygen flow to the brain,
or inner ear problems (which is where the vertigo could come from)

Was gonna say the same thing.

your blood iron is probably low.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Could be low potassium, too. I know someone that this happened to. It was mysterious and eventually got so bad, she started acting really messed up. Finally they discovered the potassium problem. The solution: drinking sports drinks.