• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

quitting cold turkey

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, anyone I know who's been successful has done the cold turkey thing. Telling yourself you don't smoke helps compared to telling yourself you can't have one. If you are really killing for one there's stuff you can get to ease the cravings enough that you can make it for the next few hours. You're not weak - this is a social, psychological and physical addiction. Also, in my experience bad habits cannot just be stopped. They have to be crowded out with better stuff. When you do that, you don't miss the old habits the same. Otherwise, they just come back again. You can do it Purple!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't know if i can, I found all the coins i could had them changed into dollars so i could get tobacco today. that's pathetic.

Usehername

On a mission
I don't know if i can, I found all the coins i could had them changed into dollars so i could get tobacco today. that's pathetic.

Stop being so global about it and focus on your actions today. Spend the money on FOOD or a yoyo or something that you can do instead!

You can take that action and choose to not buy smokes. You just have to focus on today. Don't borrow tomorrow's trouble, focus on today. :yes:

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
you know I put my response in the wrong thread *facepalm*

anyway I think if you really wanted to quit you would have no trouble with cold turkey. But you're quitting because you have to, but really you don't want to. So there lies the difference. :)