• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fun ways to burn calories

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trampolines outside! Get a really big and bouncy one that will spring you up 200 feet in the air. Jump as high as you can and just look up, admire the view...

Just make sure no one's around to "accidentally" scoot the trampoline out the way while you're bursting through a cloud.

Also not recommended during thunderstorms.

Oh, and you may want to look directly up before you jump. Make sure nothing's blocking the view of the blue sky, eh...

Lark

Chopping down trees, punch bad or one of those wooden martial arts training dummies. Wild swimming tops the bill but if you're anything like me you'd like to be in shape in the first place to do that, total catch 22.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Chopping down trees, punch bad or one of those wooden martial arts training dummies. Wild swimming tops the bill but if you're anything like me you'd like to be in shape in the first place to do that, total catch 22.

The NFs are coming to get you. Hope you've got some weed to fend them off with!

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like these fun ways to burn calories, because if any one loss interest in exercise, he can not loss weight. That's why I appreciate these fun ways for the weight loss.

OK I could be totally wrong, but that doesn't even sound like a normal/natural comment. 8 posts, no type/avatar or sig...except for a link to some commercial site.

That comment sounds like some halfass attempt to disguise spamming as some kind of forum "contribution."

Not a mod though, so whatevs. . .

Pinker85

Dance Dance Revolution. Consuming celery while stealing said celery from a celery patch. Consuming anything while stealing it is the most efficient way of using food as fuel instantly. Shaving your head and attaching the hair to a cantaloupe which you launch off your back porch discus style. Just do stuff that is active and fun. Go out for a walk. Go swimming. Turn everything into a game. Instead of throwing away trash like a normal human see if you can throw that bowl of marinara pasta into the trashcan with your eyes closed while 30 feet away and your back to the can. I often play don't step on a crack when walking (yes, I'm crazy). Juggling is great fun as well! Incorporate play into your life and you will find burning calories is easy.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sex? We have already mentioned sex, right? I've also heard you burn a shit ton of calories playing chess.

Guy V. Malaxia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
This might be a bit of an extreme suggestion, but gymnastics would be great for not only burning calories but also building lean muscle. I took a few courses when I was younger, and I'd come home completely exhausted after only an hour or so of training.

Besides, you'll learn a few neat tricks. I love the look one faces when I announce that I can do a standing back tuck. Or round-off whip to tuck. :D

S

SingSmileShine

I like to shoot hoops with friends and go for long walks with them. Sometimes, a brisk run just helps me clear my head, and it's even better when paired with good music.

You could also dance! Dancing is a great calorie-burner - there's a reason that the dancers are all so skinny.

Another thing to try is swimming - it's fun and really is amazing workout.

Many skinny people don't even have gym memberships. What I've found is that moderate exercise throughout the day (a long walk paired with some dancing, or something) beats going to the gym and working all at once on the treadmill, etc.

Another trick is to eat an early breakfast. As soon as you put food into your stomach, your metabolism kicks in and helps you burn more calories throughout the day.

Good luck on your endeavors!

:)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like hiking. I get to explore new areas, enjoy nature and get a workout. I try to choose trails that have some incline and/or walk briskly to burn more calories.

I also love playing with my Wii Fit.