• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm beginning to like running

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think I'm liking it because I'm seeing how much I've improved I've been running 3 1/2 blocks at the beginning instead of just 3 and my pace has picked up without me even trying and i just don't feel as exhausted after. its no longer oh god i have to run this block please lord no!!!! its like I can do this and possibly a little more. anyone else have this happen? i think i run a total of 6 blocks now before it was 5 and yeah its not alot but it improvement.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I did for awhile. And then my knees went to crap again. So now I stick with walking hilly areas and the gym for my exercise. :(

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Yup, it's mostly a matter of keeping at it. I saw some big improvements while I was in the military.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
I love it, its a great time for me to think. and the more I run the better I feel, and the more time I have to think. but yes if you keep with it you will want to run and you will get energy from it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
YES!!! I am so happy to hear this! I can't believe I missed this thread...gah I got so busy with finding and starting a new job...but I sooo relate...running gets easier the more you do it, and your body actually starts to miss it!

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love it, its a great time for me to think. and the more I run the better I feel, and the more time I have to think. but yes if you keep with it you will want to run and you will get energy from it.

It's a great time for me to stop thinking :D. Other than that, I usually feel great after my run.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I run, motivated, but I don't stop untill I throw up. I don't like it, but I push myself every day. (Not now, but, when I run, I run every day).
I'm also on expert on running away from my problems, but nobody can tell me that, or else.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I run, motivated, but I don't stop untill I throw up. I don't like it, but I push myself every day. (Not now, but, when I run, I run every day).
I'm also on expert on running away from my problems, but nobody can tell me that, or else.

Mhmmm...you don't stop running until you throw up, and you wonder why you can't raise your BMI? You have to consume extra calories - especially protein - for recovery. I have a friend, a guy, who runs really hard like that and he's also a naturally thin person, but he's always telling me that you have to have sufficient calories for recovery. Running can take a lot out of you, especially if you're running every day that hard.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think I'm liking it because I'm seeing how much I've improved I've been running 3 1/2 blocks at the beginning instead of just 3 and my pace has picked up without me even trying and i just don't feel as exhausted after. its no longer oh god i have to run this block please lord no!!!! its like I can do this and possibly a little more. anyone else have this happen? i think i run a total of 6 blocks now before it was 5 and yeah its not alot but it improvement.

Running for distance isn't all that effective if your goal is to temporarily increase your metabolism rate.

What I've found to work really well is running every other day. Stretch, jog a block, then inject 10 second portions of all-out sprints for block #2. So really, 1 mile is enough at least half of the week. The two other days I'll run 4 sides of a block.

Try it. Watch your diet.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Shit in socks for a week then use them for running weights.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No, I'm just hoping you'd explain your reason for running without my asking directly.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
to get in shape. why didn't you just ask? and if i'm ever being chased it be nice to out run whatevers chasing me and not give up a half a block in.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Who'd win in a fight between a 4, Mike Tyson, and the world?