• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Walking!!!

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Walking is awesome.

I walk one hour per day, every day, and it is great both for my body and my high-blood pressure.

One hour is ok. More than that can be tiring, and that´s not the idea.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I find that running and walking both beat up my legs too much, so I prefer to bicycle. You can feel the wind, and go for a long time. It's very meditative.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love using walking as my way of exercise when I can't make it to the gym. I'm lucky that my neighborhood is pretty hilly, so just walking my neighborhood I get a lot of uphill and downhill action. I haven't made it to 5 miles yet, the muggy weather keeps me from walking much more than an hour.

What's your progress now? Any closer to your 10 mile marker?

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sorry to hear that. :( At least you are trying though. Every little bit helps.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
5 miles, though not all at once.

I'll be going on a trip tomorrow, so I don't know when I'll be able to get my walking back on track.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey, 5 miles is 5 miles, it doesn't matter how you get to it! If it's easier to break it up into two or three different trips, then go for it. I usually only get a couple of miles in at a time because of the humidity here right now. :(

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Never mind, walking obviously does nothing.

Everything else is too painful.

I guess I'll just stop eating. Considering how much fat I have that should give me ten years, then death.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
My knees hurt and I want to scream.

ETA: Yeah. I just military-crawled to the bathroom because of my knees hurting for no reason. This is bad.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Walking.
Yes. I love it. I get exercise and I get to explore at the same time.
I've lost more than 20 pounds just by walking and by changing my diet. I am now healthy and happy.
I can now walk up to 20 miles at a time.
But I couldn't do that when I first started my walking program.
The goal is to feel good, not make yourself sick.
If you can only walk one mile, that is OK. You are doing your best.
Eventually, you'll be able to walk more.
Just keep at it. A little a day will do it. And make sure to stay hydrated. Bring some water with you.
Good luck!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Everyone keeps telling me pain is good.

No it isn't, it's very, very, very bad.

Four months of constant pain is bad. It's very bad. And no, I guess I don't get any of the endorphins people keep talking about, because I'm in so much pain and feel so horrible. My body is dysfunctional. Exercise doesn't work on me.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Pain is not good. I am so sorry that you are going through this.
I hope that you can get some good medical care to take care of that pain.
Best wishes.

Everyone keeps telling me pain is good.

No it isn't, it's very, very, very bad.

Four months of constant pain is bad. It's very bad. And no, I guess I don't get any of the endorphins people keep talking about, because I'm in so much pain and feel so horrible. My body is dysfunctional. Exercise doesn't work on me.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Pain is not good. I am so sorry that you are going through this.
I hope that you can get some good medical care to take care of that pain.
Best wishes.

That's from normal person exercise. You know, the exercise I'm supposed to be able to do easily because I'm young and vital but it hurts so much and I can't make myself do it because it's so painful.

Everyone keeps telling me that walking is pointless, and that pain is good and I should be in pain after exercising.

I hate it.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Crawl distance: 11 yards

though, considering I can't do a push up, push ups must be more difficult than crawling only using your elbows. So I guess this is meaningless.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's from normal person exercise. You know, the exercise I'm supposed to be able to do easily because I'm young and vital but it hurts so much and I can't make myself do it because it's so painful.

Everyone keeps telling me that walking is pointless, and that pain is good and I should be in pain after exercising.

I hate it.

Okay, certain pain is good after exercising.... But not all pain.... At 31, my fiance needs both needs replaced already... Compliments of the military and training. He loves it though, and he's still in it. I guess in his case no pain, no gain was good... However, he really does have some pretty bad days dealing with the pain...

I don't mind the dull pain in my muscles that let me know that I truly did get a good work out and obviously pushed my muscles to their limits... However, when it comes to joints, no thanks. I will never agree that that kind of pain is good for you!!!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
For normal people exercise I would not start hurting until two days after and then I would get hit like a brick. And then it would hurt. And hurt. And hurt. And I could not get up stairs...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Short walk as recovery period (2.2 miles, + some because I went exploring).

There's this little black path that cuts through people's back yards, and I went down it because I had never gone through it, and... it just kind of ends. Which is weird, because further down the street there's a place where another black path attaches to the sidewalk, but it turns out that one just ends, too, once it gets behind the house it's visible from! I have no idea what these paths are for, if they're so short and just kind of stop in the middle of people's backyards. Ah, the mysteries of my neighborhood...