• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Want to gain weight

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not underweight, I am at the very low spectrum of healthy BMI. I've got a hard time gaining weight and I am somewhat of a picky eater. I don't like meat and won't eat fast food, think it's really gross and I don't want fat weight, I just want some weight. **looking to get pregnant and middle of the road BMI is goal.

i get the normal amount of calories I'm supposed to everyday but need to increase it somehow.

Any tips to get your appetite up? Or stretch your stomach to hold more food? I was on steroids for a poison ivy rash once and I ate huge amounts of food, is there anything to simulate that to get my appetite jump started?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Many years ago when I was trying to put on a couple of pounds I just started eating a handful of peanuts after dinner or lunch, several times a week (even though I was already full...so kinda forcefully pushing the stomach size), and started incorporating ice cream and cheeses into my diet. Also started eating peanut butter sandwiches at that time and continue to this date. :smile:

If you like nuts and/or cheeses/milk products, that can be a good way to increase the calorie intake without it being entirely unhealthy.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Many years ago when I was trying to put on a couple of pounds I just started eating a handful of peanuts after dinner or lunch, several times a week (even though I was already full...so kinda forcefully pushing the stomach size), and started incorporating ice cream and cheeses into my diet. Also started eating peanut butter sandwiches at that time and continue to this date. :smile:

Yeah basically this, if you want to keep it with the natural foods. Nuts, cheeses, peanut butter, and potato bread!

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I'm not underweight, I am at the very low spectrum of healthy BMI. I've got a hard time gaining weight and I am somewhat of a picky eater. I don't like meat and won't eat fast food, think it's really gross and I don't want fat weight, I just want some weight. **looking to get pregnant and middle of the road BMI is goal.

i get the normal amount of calories I'm supposed to everyday but need to increase it somehow.

I don't get why this is an issue... the idea of having to put on a lot of weight and "eating for two" during pregnancy is something of a fallacy so far as I can see; it appears more important to maintain a weight that is healthy for you and eat a balanced diet high in NUTRIENTS, which are not the same as calories. Putting on a lot of extra weight just throws your system out of kilter, puts extra strain on your body, and makes it harder to lose later (with the resultant stretch marks). I would say that you would need to eat a few more calories during pregnancy (but not that many) and be sure to eat a balanced diet containing a good range of all nutrients that the baby needs; you will need a lot more vitamins and minerals than usual, especially things like calcium. Where were you getting this idea that you have to weigh more before pregancy from - have you been advised this by a professional, or told this by people you know, etc? :huh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've actually gained 15lbs since started working out, so maybe you're like me. Of course I have no money so I'm only eating 2 meals a day. Sometimes even 1

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I've actually gained 15lbs since started working out, so maybe you're like me. Of course I have no money so I'm only eating 2 meals a day. Sometimes even 1

Could be muscle, depending on the exercises you're doing ;) muscle weighs more than fat!

G

Ginkgo

I don't smoke. Anything. The fact is that marijuana is more toxic and deluding than tobacco. I value my mind too much to tamper with the fundamental chemistry of it. However, by that same reasoning, wouldn't I also abstain from psychiatric medication? I still take it just so I can function more smoothly. So determining whether you want to toke it up or take a drag is all about whether it helps you operate as you want to be. So if you want to be in a daze like a sluggish elk that's got no gumption to scatter away from your car when you're screeching up to it, then toke it up. If you want to stare in the mirror as if you just discovered the secret to the universe, toke it up. But damn, I reckon you're brain is just trying to struggle back into its normal consciousness. Like if a surf board suddenly started getting glimpses of a human perspective, realized something profound, only to forget it and transform back into a surf board. That's what marijuana is like. Not that I've done it or anything. No sir... what were we talking about?... I think I'm going to take a quick trip to Taco Bell.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't get why this is an issue... the idea of having to put on a lot of weight and "eating for two" during pregnancy is something of a fallacy so far as I can see; it appears more important to maintain a weight that is healthy for you and eat a balanced diet high in NUTRIENTS, which are not the same as calories. Putting on a lot of extra weight just throws your system out of kilter, puts extra strain on your body, and makes it harder to lose later (with the resultant stretch marks). I would say that you would need to eat a few more calories during pregnancy (but not that many) and be sure to eat a balanced diet containing a good range of all nutrients that the baby needs; you will need a lot more vitamins and minerals than usual, especially things like calcium. Where were you getting this idea that you have to weigh more before pregancy from - have you been advised this by a professional, or told this by people you know, etc? :huh:

I'm not looking for a pregnancy diet, haven't gotten that far and I've been preggo before and know that routine.

I'm looking to gain weight pre pregnancy, it could be an issue as to why I'm not keep pregnancies. I haven't been told by a professional any time lately but it's everywhere I read that middle of the road bmi is good for getting pregnant.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP

If you like nuts and/or cheeses/milk products, that can be a good way to increase the calorie intake without it being entirely unhealthy.

mmmm peanut butter! that sounds good.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if pregancy never works out for you, and i accidently get pregnant, cuz I should not have kids ever. you can have it if you want.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
if pregancy never works out for you, and i accidently get pregnant, cuz I should not have kids ever. you can have it if you want.

alright, it better be cute, none of that alien looking baby stuff. i want it pretty