• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

depressed after exercising?

depressed after exercising

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I do have actual goals, i jog from my apartment to a block from the art instute and back which is 6 blocks and i sometimes bike I do stretch before and after. The problem is I'm never going to love exercising, because that's not who i am I'm doing this cuz a few weeks ago i went for a short bike ride and when i got back i thought i was going to die. and btw i do push myself.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I do have actual goals, i jog from my apartment to a block from the art instute and back which is 6 blocks and i sometimes bike I do stretch before and after. The problem is I'm never going to love exercising, because that's not who i am I'm doing this cuz a few weeks ago i went for a short bike ride and when i got back i thought i was going to die.

You thought you were going to die? Do you drink a lot of alcohol? Are you working out when you're hung over?

I'm having a hard time understanding this...most people get a rush from exercising...though I do know that doing things outside makes me happy because it reminds me of being a kid...and if you hated exercise when you were a kid, could this all be psychological for you, because I'm sure the happiness I associate with riding a bike or walking/jogging outside is psychological as well as biochemical.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Well if you don't enjoy it, why not just change your eating habits to match your base metabolism? You can figure out your metabolism or have a nutritionist figure it out and just adjust your diet to match it. Since then you'd have a net zero impact on your calorie intake you wouldn't need to exercise.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I wasn't hungover. I know because i hadn't been drinking, and no i do not exercise hungover.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I use to love riding my bike as a kid, never liked running but never gave it much of a chance.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Exercising helps me stop thinking. It's good for me at least.
Thinking too much usually leads to depression for me.

Red October

MBTI Type
INTJ
It would usually worsen in school. It didn't improve a couple times when I had extremely stressful and troubling things going on. Running those off didn't work 100%.

Most of the time I feel pumped and happy. Do work until your sweating and feel like you want to die. Because in that moment you can realize you won't die, that life tried to take you but you survived. Then bathe in the endorphins and happiness.

EDIT: Maybe some people just don't get pumped by this. As I mentioned in the coffee thread, I never feel different from caffeine. Also I never get any feeling from cigarettes either, no buzz or high at all. Yet maybe I'm balanced in that I get extreme good feelings from exercise.

If you're looking for good feelings, try coffee and cigarettes. Maybe those will float your boat.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm not looking for good feelings, I'm looking to not feel depressed.I wouldn't care if my mood just stayed the same.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone else experience this. It's not because I over do it, but for some reason i never feel good or happy after i excercise instead I tend to just feel blue and down and like life isn't worth anything.and I know jogging is suppose to realease endorphins, but that doesn't happen for me, for some reason.

Only when I really over heat or I push myself to exercise when I'm really fatigued and not up for it.
I have to make sure I'm hydrated, nourished, and rested to have a workout with a good outcome.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wow, I'm glad it doesn't have that effect on me, I'd never exercise. :( The only time I've ever really felt bad after a workout is if I had a slight headache before going into it...Then I usually leave the gym with a massive headache.

Most of the time I leave feeling a lot better. I tend to go when I've got a lot of frustration or stress, it's one of the few ways I can relieve those two things....without breaking things. :smile:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think I'm going to skip today, i woke up feeling nauseas, and i tried to eat something thinking that it was low blood sugar i couldn't get through more then a few bites.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'm going to skip today, i woke up feeling nauseas, and i tried to eat something thinking that it was low blood sugar i couldn't get through more then a few bites.

Yea just sleep, keep up the fluid intake, and try again another time! And feel better.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I have definitely felt bad after exercising due to blood sugar issues.

I try to eat every couple hours or I can quickly fall into either depression or anxiety/panic attacks.

I have found that low blood sugar makes me very inclined to panic attacks. I am especially prone to them when I first wake up, in the middle of the night when I've been up forever and haven't been eating.

Whenever I start to feel this way I drink some oj or milk or have some honey, then eat something solid about 15 minutes later. My anxiety starts to disipate in minutes when I do this.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
It's happened, but the state probably preceded the exercise without being noticed.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I did jog minute brisk walk a minute for approx 2 miles and I don't feel depressed but during it wanted to shove people in the lake. I'm going to work up to 2 minutes jog one minute walk until i get to the point i can jog that distance straight. of course I started taking my meds again, so that might have something to do with, the down side of it is they give me dry mouth and my face feels flushed.upside no depression after exercising.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate it like I hate washing dishes. I hate thinking about it, hate thinking I know I have to do it, hate doing it, am depressed afterward because it never ends and I will have to do it again; it feels pointless and I would rather eat cake. I have never gotten anything psychologically or physically from exercise except more compliments about how my body looks. Whoop-de-doo, this does not move me. It just feels like drudgery.

So yeah, me, too. And by the way, it always hurts me, too, and I have tried every. thing.

I think some of us just may not be cut out for it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
it's not because i had to do it again it was more of my thoughts would start going to like maybe life isn't worth living if i hang myself what should i use. it was kinda fucked up. so i don't know why that happened, or why today after taking my meds this didn't happen, is it my biochemistry? because I actually ate less then usual.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I generally feel good when I am done exercising.

I usually feel tired and am usually sweating, but nonetheless, I feel good. It gets even better when I finish showering after the exercise. After that, something as eating more than I usually do when dinner arrives isn't something uncommon that happens to me too.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's not because i had to do it again it was more of my thoughts would start going to like maybe life isn't worth living if i hang myself what should i use. it was kinda fucked up. so i don't know why that happened, or why today after taking my meds this didn't happen, is it my biochemistry? because I actually ate less then usual.

Where are you in your cycle?