• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multivitamins: intense discussions thread

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I'm through with these, I'll likely switch to One-A-Day for women.
This is the one I bought last and they're seriously horse pills :sick: huge and sharp-edged. at least the one I bought. I could only make myself eat about a quarter of the bottle very slowly before giving up and throwing them out this week (they expired in 2008, lol). Maybe all the adult multivitamins are like that though, I dunno.

I eat flintstones (or similar) kids vitamins every so often, when I buy any at all. Always liked em.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
This is the one I bought last and they're seriously horse pills :sick: huge and sharp-edged. at least the one I bought. I could only make myself eat about a quarter of the bottle very slowly before giving up and throwing them out this week (they expired in 2008, lol). Maybe all the adult multivitamins are like that though, I dunno.

I eat flintstones (or similar) kids vitamins every so often, when I buy any at all. Always liked em.

Heh, yeah, I could never swallow horse pill vitamins. I always buy the Centrum Chewables.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh, yeah, I could never swallow horse pill vitamins. I always buy the Centrum Chewables.
They make adult chewable multivitamins?! :happy2:

Hopefully that's not just in the states, I've never seen them here (though I've only looked once or twice, to be fair). I'll have to look again! Though I'm still not really convinced on the use of multivitamins (for me), it encourages me to be lazy about eating healthy, lol.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5

:yes: I did buy them, and seriously still have 20 left in the bottle. I could take them just fine, but there is something in them or in the coating that would make me feel ill. I'd have to take them before sleep, with food, and with a lot of water. I'd always forget.

I just bought Flintstones Complete, as they were recommended just about everywhere that had a discussion about the One-A-Day and desiring Iron. They are lovely. I've taken them solidly for nearly a week and they make me feel like I am a youngling :laugh:. Very awesome and fulfills all of my requirements for a vitamin.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I eat the one with all the vitamins in it

I get them at a dollar store every few months

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
When I first got pregnant my friend gave me a bottle of prenatal vitamins. I started taking them and immediately had bloody stools the following day. I felt horrible! And one day I went to CVS and started reading all the prenatal bottles for their iron content, every single one of them had DOUBLE the amount in the womans once a day. I could not find any prenatal vitamins that didn't have such a high iron content. So my doctor prescribed me prenatals that supposedly absorbed through your body differently . Nope still bloody stools. Now I just take the flintstone gummies because they have no iron in them, and I get enough iron in my diet.

I would just say get supplements. What are you interested in? I am very interested in skin and hair health so I took 6000 mcg of Biotin in supplements. It helped my acne calm down and doubled my hair growth. I also take vitamin c when I am sick (or want an extra boost) and drink a bottle of 100% cranberry juice when I feel a UTI coming on. I'm very aware of my body and when I feel like I am lacking something.