• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

kava

revolve

anyone here have any experience with kava? i just bought some from a natural food store in liquid form in a tincture brown bottle thing but so far i'm really excited about using it for my anxiety.

i'm a little concerned about what i've read about possible liver damage . . . but whatever . . .

kava kava kava kava . . . anyone???

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
It makes your mouth numb, you feel relaxed and it seemed (for me anyway) to prevent hangover after a hard nights drinking (alcohol).

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
i had some in fiji once, but i think it was tourist grade as it just made my mouth a bit tingly and tasted like dirt.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Drink 1/4 pint patchouli oil and a mouthful of cedar mulch for the same taste/effect.

Considering what you have to go through to ingest kava-lactones, and the small amount of relief (it provided super-duper-neurotransmitter-tolerant-me) experienced I gave up on it after 2 tries.

I'm all for homeopathic/naturopathic medicines/health supplements, but when the product is pricey, nasty, and of limited utility, I am prone to give up and be happy I have a Xanax prescription for my insomnia. :happy:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I tried kava awhile ago out of curiosity, I hated the taste, but did notice some relaxing effects. Kava extract is available for people who want to get around the taste.

I'd also recommend phenibut as a natural stress/anxiety reliever, as it seems to be a bit stronger.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tried kava awhile ago out of curiosity, I hated the taste, but did notice some relaxing effects. Kava extract is available for people who want to get around the taste.

That's good, as the real stuff really does taste horrid, at least to me it did. :thumbdown:

I'd also recommend phenibut as a natural stress/anxiety reliever, as it seems to be a bit stronger.

I've heard phenibut is good stuff, but never tried it. Thanks for the reminder! ;)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
My sister just bought some, and she said it has a calming effect on her so far. She has a pill form and a powder form. She says from what she read, the liver damage was from companies trying to use the whole plant instead of just the root, but the studies didn't show the same liver damage effect when just the root was used.