• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It hurts

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
No one has zero accomplishments. At the very least you have the accomplishment of enduring your horrible physical experiences.

"...where life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live."

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
No one has zero accomplishments. At the very least you have the accomplishment of enduring your horrible physical experiences.

"...where life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live."

The vast majority of everyone can handle these physical experiences with ease. I'm just a whiny little bitch.

eagleseven

MBTI Type
INTJ
I can't bring myself to exercise anymore.

It hurts too much. It really does. And hurting is the only way I know it's working but I don't want it to hurt because it hurts. I don't know how I stood it back when I was in gym class because every time I think back to that class I only remember it as being horrifically painful, in pain every single fucking day of my life and nothing ever getting any better.

I can't do this anymore. I know I need to work out or else I'll be diabetic in like five years so I need to exercise but I can't because I think it will be horrifically painful like it was back then.

And I know it will be, because that's the only way I know it will work.

And because I know it will be, my body tenses into pretzels and it hurts even worse.

I am so weak. Even if it's 100% mental my mind is so weak.

Help me.
Exercise and weight loss is always painful. If it doesn't hurt, you are doing it wrong. The principle way to surmount this pain is to realize that the alternatives are even more painful.

Exercise hurts a lot less than the jabbing yourself with needles everyday to maintain insulin levels.

Exercise hurts a lot less than losing your eyesight, or having a limb amputated, because of a diabetic episode.

Exercise hurts a lot less than a heart attack, and much less than a stroke.

Exercise hurts a lot less than the repeated social rejection caused by being obese.

---

If you are too mentally weak to delay gratification, you need a drill sergeant.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I've lost 10 lbs with no pain.

I'm totally doing it wrong.

I need a drill sargeant, except under any pressure my body completely shuts down. That's where these chronic infections keep coming from...

eagleseven

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've lost 10 lbs with no pain.
So what was the point of your OP?

I'm totally doing it wrong.
I presume you are doing low-intensity cardio? That'll only get you so far.

I need a drill sargeant, except under any pressure my body completely shuts down. That's where these chronic infections keep coming from...
Perhaps a stress management coach and then a drill sergeant?

Chronic infections come from a weakened immune system...which likely resulted from poor diet, lack of exercise, and high stress. It appears that you are on your way to fixing this.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
So what was the point of your OP?

I presume you are doing low-intensity cardio? That'll only get you so far.

Perhaps a stress management coach and then a drill sergeant?

Chronic infections come from a weakened immune system...which likely resulted from poor diet, lack of exercise, and high stress. It appears that you are on your way to fixing this.

My immune system has always been very weak. What always happens is that it's stress stress stress and when I finally think I can't take it anymore it turns out I have a high fever and a tendency to vomit, and then it's time to break out the antibiotics again. Like clockwork, actually.

4 days of giggly fever is better 4 months of such pain that you're not able to get up stairs, or at least that's what I think.

eagleseven

MBTI Type
INTJ
My immune system has always been very weak. What always happens is that it's stress stress stress and when I finally think I can't take it anymore it turns out I have a high fever and a tendency to vomit, and then it's time to break out the antibiotics again. Like clockwork, actually.
What is stressing you out? Job? Kids? Marriage? Lack thereof?

4 days of giggly fever is better 4 months of such pain that you're not able to get up stairs, or at least that's what I think.
Do you have some medical condition that makes it physically difficult for you to exercise? Because even painful exercise should not make you physically disabled...just very sore.

I don't think I know the whole story here.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
What is stressing you out? Job? Kids? Marriage? Lack thereof?

Having a body. Existing, in general.

Do you have some medical condition that makes it physically difficult for you to exercise? Because even painful exercise should not make you physically disabled...just very sore.

I don't think I know the whole story here.

I was so sore I could not get up my stairs. Well, I could. I crawled.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I am afraid I cannot help you with existential stressors.

Is there any help for them? I'm pretty sure they're killing me. I often find myself wishing I had never been born.

That's the fun part!

And you recovered after a full night's sleep?

No, in fact it was much worse. 4 months of constant pain and I did not even exercise every day.

eagleseven

MBTI Type
INTJ
Is there any help for them? I'm pretty sure they're killing me. I often find myself wishing I had never been born.
As an absurdist, I say you have three choices:

1. Commit suicide.

2. Make shit up (religion).

3. Deal with the fact that human life has no objective purpose (acceptance).

Once you make your choice, your existential angst should end. I don't recommend option 1.

No, in fact it was much worse. 4 months of constant pain and I did not even exercise every day.
What are you doing differently now, compared with then?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
What are you doing differently now, compared with then?

I'm not pushing myself as hard, even though time-wise I'm working myself more -- twice as long, actually, every day.

I do not have people screaming at me to do more.

I'm not at school.

I don't eat.

Etc.

eagleseven

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not pushing myself as hard, even though time-wise I'm working myself more -- twice as long, actually, every day.

I do not have people screaming at me to do more.

I'm not at school.

I don't eat.

Etc.
If you are making progress towards your fitness goals, there is no reason for this thread.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm particularly annoyed at the people who recommended yoga. I'm guessing they've never done it before.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
People wtf. Have you ever not heard of adrenal fatigue and burnout before?
Exercise is painful for me, walking used to hurt once. lol.

There are many reasons why exercise hurts, an unbalanced endocrine system is just one of them.

You know when there are problems like reflex sympathetic dystrophy, (RSD), what people go through shouldn't be ignored, as an interesting example. but for goodness sakes what are some of you thinking. by the responses and the negative energy she has, like mirroring it back is going to help...

Besides I doubt many understand what depression does, and its a roundabout, a roundabout, a roundabout and that is exactly what I'm reading in this thread. Good for those people that actually gave constructive help then leave it there.

On a side note I would totally recommend increasing iodine and magnesium levels since fluoride in tape water competes for iodine ions and sugar depletes your magnesium. The right stuff with the wrong stuff and lowers your immune system to infection and the like. Then change your diet from white bread and rice to brown bread and rice, less refined carbohydrates more complex carbohydrates. Then I would suggest a vitamin and mineral analysis like a hair or urine analysis and also a heavy metal analysis. Paints a picture of your deficits and is a start if you can, though your young and might seem tougher, family and the medical profession can be as dense as much as anyone. Experienced it far too often in life.

oh and just so you know taking antibiotics without probiotics can cause candida with a weakened immune system, stress can do it, so can a poor diet.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't know, it seems very reasonable to think that my laziness is because I'm a fat fuck because I'm both lazy and a fat fuck.

I hate my therapist, she makes everything sound so easy.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
You remind me of a friend I had years ago. He often became depressed and negative when he spent too much time by himself.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm particularly annoyed at the people who recommended yoga. I'm guessing they've never done it before.

You know what? Your attitude sucks. You ask for help then say you're annoyed with people who are offering help.

It seems like you want permission to just lay around and do nothing? Fine! Lay around and do nothing! No one is going to stop you!

Are you just trying to get attention or what? Or validation for your lack of motivation? People have recommended everything from exercise tips to diet change to seeking medical care from a doctor. Ultimately it's up to you to do something...or not.

Don't do anything fine. Nobody cares, seriously.