• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It hurts

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Your heart rate seems awful high for just walking. I mean, you aren't running?

Are you having panic attacks or something?

Or are you in that much physical pain?

I don't know if I'm having panic attacks, I could be. That was 3.5 mph, the treadmill says. That's not running.

I don't think it was pain.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
180 bpm is very high - I think you are still dehydrated.

If you are still sweating, and sweating a lot from the workout, you'll need more than 1 or 2 glasses of water to compensate for it. I wouldn't feel remiss suggesting 2-3 glasses EXTRA just b/c of the workout. ...If you are doing all this and still struggling to drink 3 glasses of water, I can pretty much guarantee you are dehydrated.

... I could eat everything I wanted and not gain any weight, because you see, weakness and disease are all in the head, the body has no effect on the body, these are two entirely separate entities, only the mind has an effect on the body, that's it, any sickness is entirely my own fault and if I didn't just try to heal it and keep going it would go away because it doesn't need to heal because it's just imaginary and I'm only ever sick because I'm a sinner, sinner, sinner...

Where does this even come from?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's what this thread has told me.

My mind is weak so the body follows.

What parts of the thread are telling you that? That's not the message I got from it at all.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yay :) ! So why are u moving to Minneapolis? That's cool! A change if scenery is always refreshing!

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Good for you :) yea, I cant stand HEAT at all. What do you want to major in?

gromit

likes this
Yeah when I had mono I got reeeeeally dehydrated and my heart rate went way up, even when I was just sitting on the doctor's table. It could definitely be dehydration that's making yours so high.

I like Zoom's suggestion of trying to see if there's not one thing that you can control. Drinking water/gatorade on a regular basis sufficient to keep yourself hydrated could be a great start. Once you've done that for a week or so, see how things seem from there.

:hug:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All of them

any illness is all in my head, I just need to man up and hurt myself.

Can you be more specific than "all of them"? What specifically are people saying in this thread that make you think they are telling you it's all in your head, and you should continue to hurt yourself.

Also, if you can see my brutal honesty here as a sign of respect, may I say that you seem to be very good at doing the things that hurt yourself. What you aren't so good at is doing the things that will make you feel better. (For example, you've been exercising to the point of extreme pain for over 6 months now - yet you still seem to struggle with drinking enough fluids to maintain proper hydration.)

Speaking of, did you get your quota for water and/or powerade today? Including an extra couple of glasses to make up for the sweat you lost while exercising?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Can you be more specific than "all of them"? What specifically are people saying in this thread that make you think they are telling you it's all in your head, and you should continue to hurt yourself.

Also, if you can see my brutal honesty here as a sign of respect, may I say that you seem to be very good at doing the things that hurt yourself. What you aren't so good at is doing the things that will make you feel better. (For example, you've been exercising to the point of extreme pain for over 6 months now - yet you still seem to struggle with drinking enough fluids to maintain proper hydration.)

Speaking of, did you get your quota for water and/or powerade today? Including an extra couple of glasses to make up for the sweat you lost while exercising?

There were a lot of people who said exercise requires pain.

I do not think I was exercising to such a point, I just have an obscenely low pain tolerance. So what seems like I'm punishing myself would be something everyone else would shrug off.

Umm...

A glass for lunch. Two and a half glasses for dinner... and then I had a soda...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There were a lot of people who said exercise requires pain.

Yes, but it shouldn't be the "something is horribly wrong" type of pain, but rather a soreness.

I do not think I was exercising to such a point, I just have an obscenely low pain tolerance. So what seems like I'm punishing myself would be something everyone else would shrug off.

Maybe - I have no real way of knowing either way - but right now, while you are still probably dehydrated, isn't the time to try and tough it out.

Plus, you do tend to push yourself harder than you probably should for your fitness level.

A glass for lunch. Two and a half glasses for dinner... and then I had a soda...

So that's 1/2 of a glass, plus a 12 oz soda, more than you had been drinking? Well, that's a start. :)

My suggestion for the next step is to drink a glass a water first thing in the morning - right after you wake up. Your body is naturally a bit dehydrated in the morning, so that's a good time to get something in there.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
How do I know if I'm still dehydrated? When does it ever end?

I've heard dehydration causes back pain.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Hi Haphazard. May I share a few thoughts?

Water is indeed a daily need which does not end as much as be abated by drinking some. However, it ends up seeming like much less of a big deal when it becomes part of your normal routine. Some people carry around canteens or water bottles - I drink a lot of herbal tea.

This is especially true if you live in a hot area, which I used to (College Station/Bryan, Texas). I love iced mint, jasmine, or green tea... if you don't like tea, make lemonade. Whatever ye want*.

If you like this sort of thing, I also eat a lot of frozen fruit... in solid form, not as a smoothie. I overheat quite easily and take about ten minutes in contact with direct sunlight to burn. :coffee: Vampiric genes, I've been told. Taking fruit directly from the freezer and eating it is a bit like consuming frozen sorbet in a weird form.

Ye don't have to do or attempt all of these at once... maybe just take something that sounds pleasant or tasty and try it.

*Soda, however, would not be a suggestion of mine to consume as a form of hydration as much as a treat.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Iced mint tea?

Sounds okay... but it might need sugar. Usually I put sugar in my iced tea, or at least milk.

Why no smoothies?

I don't know about the paleness. I'm very pale, but I don't burn or tan for a very long time. So, I guess that's not very vampirelike.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
The vampiric genes referred to meself.

The only reason I don't make smoothies more often is that they take longer than just grabbing the fruit and stuff from the fridge. :)

Smoothies can be good, if you like them and use good ingredients.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The vampiric genes referred to meself.

The only reason I don't make smoothies more often is that they take longer than just grabbing the fruit and stuff from the fridge. :)

Smoothies can be good, if you like them and use good ingredients.

Well, we don't have a blender anymore, so a smoothie would be very difficult, lol.

I'm just wondering what that would be, pale, no tan, no burn... not a vampire. Maybe more like a doll.