• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It hurts

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I am a minor.
IMO, you should talk to her and ask her to give it a rest at least long enough for you to communicate with the doctor. I would seriously ask her if she would consider staying outside of the room for a few minutes of the appointment. And also take you to someone who can hear.

I had to be pretty blunt with my parents a few times in my teens. It is a weird dynamic but, in my case at least, I think once I asserted myself they came to respect that I was turning into an adult. :)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
IMO, you should talk to her and ask her to give it a rest at least long enough for you to communicate with the doctor. I would seriously ask her if she would consider staying outside of the room for a few minutes of the appointment. And also take you to someone who can hear.

I had to be pretty blunt with my parents a few times in my teens. It is a weird dynamic but, in my case at least, I think once I asserted myself they came to respect that I was turning into an adult. :)

I tried to tell her to leave but she wouldn't listen. She thinks I'm retarded or something.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I am genuinely concerned about you but gosh this negative nancy verbal ping pong is tiresome. I am not trying to be mean but you are going to have to muster up some amount of pride or self confidence or whatever it is and start having an effect on your own life instead of just letting it kick you while you are down all the time.

Is there someone in your family that your mom respects? A grandparent or an aunt or uncle or a close family friend even? If you mom won't listen directly to you, try having someone she respects help you talk to her. If your mom is keeping you from having the communication you need with your doctor, you need to try what you can to work through that.

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
So three weeks of not wanting to live anymore made me unable to live?

...I think you missed the part where I said I eventually got back to 100%.

Its not easy, the 1st couple of weeks I was ready to drop from exhaustion just sitting up in a desk and carrying my book bag around school. You just start small and work up a step at a time.

It took longer than I expected and was frustrating because of that, but I got back right. You can too, as long as you put the effort into it.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
...I think you missed the part where I said I eventually got back to 100%.

Its not easy, the 1st couple of weeks I was ready to drop from exhaustion just sitting up in a desk and carrying my book bag around school. You just start small and work up a step at a time.

It took longer than I expected and was frustrating because of that, but I got back right. You can too, as long as you put the effort into it.

No, I think read that part.

Though, I think I forgot the part where I've not been in a catatonic depression and have been trying to get my room clean for weeks, but every time I start on something I end up too exhausted to continue.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm going to be completely honest here, and maybe a little insensitive as well.

I think you're just making up excuses. A dozen or more people have offered perfectly valid opinions and suggestions, and you have completely brushed off every single one of them. You've already given up, so why should we even try?

Physical exercise should not affect you as badly as you claim. If it does, there is obviously a deeper physical or psychological problem at work here... so go to you doctor and FIND OUT WHY!

I empathise with what you are going through, I really do. For a large part of my adult life I basically let myself waste away, until I hit a very uncomfortable 190lbs. I was sick ALL THE TIME, and suffered numerous chronic physical problems, especially with my legs.

That my not seem like much to most people, but it made me feel physically grotesque. So I got off my backside and did something about it. It took a lot of false starts, but I eventually rid my diet of every bad thing. I am now 15lbs lighter in three months and have never felt healthier.

It's hard, but you can do it if you focus. Do you have a strong support system supporting through all this?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm going to be completely honest here, and maybe a little insensitive as well.

I think you're just making up excuses. A dozen or more people have offered perfectly valid opinions and suggestions, and you have completely brushed off every single one of them. You've already given up, so why should we even try?

Physical exercise should not affect you as badly as you claim. If it does, there is obviously a deeper physical or psychological problem at work here... so go to you doctor and FIND OUT WHY!

I empathise with what you are going through, I really do. For a large part of my adult life I basically let myself waste away, until I hit a very uncomfortable 190lbs. I was sick ALL THE TIME, and suffered numerous chronic physical problems, especially with my legs.

That my not seem like much to most people, but it made me feel physically grotesque. So I got off my backside and did something about it. It took a lot of false starts, but I eventually rid my diet of every bad thing. I am now 15lb in three months and have never felt healthier.

It's hard, but you can do it if you focus. Do you have a strong support system supporting through all this?

You only weigh 15 lbs? Isn't that... bad?

I do not want to say this after what Stalemate said, but...

I do not have a strong support system at all. I do not know anybody who does not look down on me. My doctor especially, though at least with him I've given him a valid reason to think I'm a horrible person.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you feel like peeps look down on you, maybe all you need to do is change your attitude! :) Life is what YOU make it <3

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If you feel like peeps look down on you, maybe all you need to do is change your attitude! :) Life is what YOU make it <3

My parents are disgusted by me and belittle me. Trying to avoid them doesn't work, as seen here.

I know you are all disgusted with me and I am very disgusted with myself.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I know you are all disgusted with me and I am very disgusted with myself.
I am not disgusted with you, but I can tell you are disgusted with yourself. Your own opinion of yourself is so important and I wish I knew how to make you feel better about yourself.

Words of Ivory

MBTI Type
INFJ
*laughs* The weight thing was obviously a typo. It would be pretty weird if I only weighed 15lbs.

I think the lack of a support system is exactly the problem here, but I find it hard to believe that your do for is belittling you as well. I think your self confidence is so low that you're starting to see put-downs where there aren't even any.

I know what the parent thing is like. As an adult, the lack of validation from my parents is only now something I have come to accept. They are who they are, and you can't change that.

You need to believe in yourself. It's a horrendously obvious cliche, but it's the truth.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I am not disgusted with you, but I can tell you are disgusted with yourself. Your own opinion of yourself is so important and I wish I knew how to make you feel better about yourself.

I don't believe that you're not disgusted with me.

I think I've been lying in this whole thread.

I don't know, I can't tell. Maybe I just want attention.

Which sickens me even more.

Words of Ivory

MBTI Type
INFJ
You need to stop side-stepping what everyone is saying and actually take it into consideration. DO you care about fixing this?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You need to stop side-stepping what everyone is saying and actually take it into consideration. DO you care about fixing this?

I do but I'm not sure if I'm making everything up.

I probably am. But I don't want to get diagnosed by a doctor because then I'll lose the insurance. My family pays over $1,000 a month for insurance. It's bankrupting us.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't believe that you're not disgusted with me.
You don't have to believe it. It doesn't matter what I think about you at all. I am not the important one here. We need to get you feeling good about you and everyone else can go fly a kite (me included).

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You don't have to believe it. It doesn't matter what I think about you at all. I am not the important one here. We need to get you feeling good about you and everyone else can go fly a kite (me included).

The only way I got to talk to my doctor today was in tears.

I do not think it could be any more disgusting.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If we thought you were disgusting we would say F*ck Off! And no one said that! We are trying to help you and encourage you. Its hard to have mean parents, it can mess with your head for sure. Be strong! Dont believe what they say, & prove everyone wrong.