• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who drinks coffee in the morning?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
There is something ritualistic about coffee.
I think that is what I enjoy most about it.

There is also something soothing about drinking hot drinks.
I have a coffee in the morning most days.. but it's after work or early evening that I enjoy coffee most.. I also have an addiction to nesacfe instant cappuccino and will drink those through out the evening, It actually helps me sleep most times.

I am not a big drinker of booze.. so coffee replaces the beer for social meetings as well.

Fecal McAngry

I typically consume around 800-1000mgs caffeine/day. Iced coffee is my preferred means of ingestion, but I also do caffeine tablets, iced tea, Diet Mt. Dew, Diet Coke, VPX Meltdown, etc.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I drink one cup of coffee in the AM as a matter of tradition. :coffee:
It tastes good with eggs, toast, and fruit (to me anyway).

Other things I have noticed about caffeine consumption:

(1) All stimulants have a laxative effect, once you consume them be close to a restroom! :doh:

(2) Many doctors will add caffeine to their patient's IV fluids if the patient has been admitted for inpatient care, in order to avoid withdrawal.

(3) The thermogenic effect of caffeine has long been touted by fitness fanatics, who have for years used the "ECA Stack" (2 tablets caffeine, 2 tablets ephedrine, 1 tablet aspirin) as an energy + thermogenic/weight loss/fat burning tool. This shit will get you moving, it made me feel tacycardic in all honesty. It was a little much for me to handle, and I have a prescription for Adderall. :shock:

(4) Coffee stains your teeth! :thumbdown: I bought a $100 teeth bleaching kit from my dentist (molds + Rx whitening paste) and after three uses my teeth looked like I was 20 years old, instead of a 36 year old techie/beauracrat who has drank coffee for 16 years. :cheese:

(5) You will get headaches from caffeine withdrawal. I used to drink it alot more when I was younger, and had 2 young kids (both under age 4) and 3 jobs and no sleep.

(6) Caffeine raises my blood pressure. If I stop drinking even my 1 cup in the AM my blood pressure will drop from 120/80 to 115/75.

That is all. :happy:

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
one per day. i buy a flat white every workday morning on my way to the office. there is a great italian cafe near my building that employs attractive male baristos that have on trend haircuts and wear smart white aprons. they also remember my order and the coffee is never bitter.

flat white is an aussie term i think = espresso with milk, no froth. no sugar please.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I typically consume around 800-1000mgs caffeine/day. Iced coffee is my preferred means of ingestion, but I also do caffeine tablets, iced tea, Diet Mt. Dew, Diet Coke, VPX Meltdown, etc.

:shock:

So THAT'S how you INFPs stay so damn PERKY all day (and get bitchy as HELL at night.) :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i use to consume more, but now some days i don't drink any coffee today i had two cups total. but I usually drink about 1 in the morning and then one in the evening. I think I've been drinking less this month cuz I'm low on cash and trying to save money where I can, and one of the things i didn't buy was creamer so I've been drinking it black.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I drink coffee from the time i wake up to the time i go to sleep. Typically i will only have 2-3 cups or real coffee (ground) then 8-10 cups of instant.
However i can drink real coffee in bed at night and go to sleep very easily. I do find it helps wake me up in the morning, especially as i seem to only sleep for 3-5 hours a night.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
coffee at night? that can't possibly be why you only get 3-5 hours a night? no way!

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
coffee at night? that can't possibly be why you only get 3-5 hours a night? no way!

Nope nothing to do with it, i can drink coffee falling asleep and i still sleep. I tend to go through phases of not sleeping much for a few months or so then a lot for a few weeks or so, nothing to do with coffee, my coffee intake has remained pretty steady for many years although my sleep varies a great deal.:cheese:

Red October

MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree.

I have coffee every single morning. Yet I, unlike my fellow coffee drinking comrades, do not feel any different from drinking coffee. I have never felt anymore awake, I do it because I enjoy the taste.

This is absolutely remarkable as well. Every morning I wake up with a dull headache that disappears as the day goes on. I speculated a year ago it may have been my increase in coffee. It all makes sense now.

If the knowledge in this study becomes widespread, one of my favorite activities won't be as thrilling. When I'm traveling with people and have to wake up early, I love drinking a cup of coffee in front of everyone and then falling back asleep within in the next 10 minutes. It amazes people that I can sleep immediately after drinking coffee.

I have always doubted that caffeine makes people more away. Just as I always told idiot kids that drink mountain dew "BECAUSE IT MAKES ME GO CRAZY WITH ENERGY", that its all in their shit filled brains. I'm glad I'm right.

I just realized I'm screwed. Not only am I still drinking at least 1 cup of coffee a day, I've been drinking tea a lot as well. I'm drinking an Arnold Palmer as I type.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Caffeine is absolutely a stimulant and has an effect on you, I think people who drink coffee regularly have become numbed to the effects or just don't notice the effects but if you go cold turkey for a few months and then drink an expresso in the morning, I would be REALLY surprised if you didn't get an energy kick.

I drink coffee for the energy kick. It's best to drink a little bit of coffee throughout the day to sustain the kick rather than bombing your system with loads of caffeine at once - you will crash.

Also, hot coffee + pastry = heavenly. Great way to wake up in the morning! :D

P

Phantonym

The college boys made an error in the first clause.
Subject is the agent in any dichotomy. It is never the object.
Read Aristotle. Or Krishnamurti.

Inclusion of a complementary party does not bring about the medial sum.
It only excludes it.

What you said must be really, really smart because I'm not following you and I'm starting to take it personally. :dry:

Red October

MBTI Type
INTJ
Caffeine is absolutely a stimulant and has an effect on you, I think people who drink coffee regularly have become numbed to the effects or just don't notice the effects but if you go cold turkey for a few months and then drink an espresso in the morning, I would be REALLY surprised if you didn't get an energy kick.

You're agreeing with the study. They say regular coffee users have become numbed to it, and now the only affect they get is that it quells their withdrawal symptoms that were induced overnight. Most notably, headaches.

I agree with the study. I never felt more energized by coffee, and since increasing caffeine intake I wake up everyday with a headache.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Caffeine is absolutely a stimulant and has an effect on you, I think people who drink coffee regularly have become numbed to the effects or just don't notice the effects but if you go cold turkey for a few months and then drink an expresso in the morning, I would be REALLY surprised if you didn't get an energy kick.

I drink coffee for the energy kick. It's best to drink a little bit of coffee throughout the day to sustain the kick rather than bombing your system with loads of caffeine at once - you will crash.

Also, hot coffee + pastry = heavenly. Great way to wake up in the morning! :D

I'm sensitive to caffiene, also i find that i've cut back and then i had a 20 oz red bull and a cup of coffee last night and i was otherwordly. (not in a good way)