• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weight gain despite exercise

ronaldobrown

Last mind I exercise with a set of weights, and have noticed that the more I do these exercises more weight, the truth is that I do it for free, I mean that I have no idea of the exercises I abide by the instructions of the manufacturer, is up two kilos normal even though then I dedicate an hour to walk and run
thanks
ps: I make normal diet, before that I kept my weight

P

Phantonym

How long have you been exercising? You may be overdoing it if you're just starting out.

Weight isn't much of an indicator. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're doing something wrong. You could be retaining water. Start measuring your body from different spots. If you're losing fat, then the measurements should be going down even though the weight doesn't. Muscle takes up less space.

Look over your diet, you may be eating more without noticing. Write it down. Or you're not eating enough and your body slows down the metabolism and you're not losing fat.

Or it could also mean that your body needs some time to adjust to the exercise and instead of losing weight you gain it. Give it some time and see whether there are any changes.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
If you just started i bet it is muscle gain... when i started two years ago, i gained weight quickly - not fat, but muscles.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
If you've just started out or if you're doing something new, then it's common for muscles to retain fluid, and this can increase you're weight by a few pounds. It's part of the healing process, and it doesn't mean you've gained fat or muscle.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your bodyweight is somewhat of an illusion.

What is more important than the number of pounds/kilos of your bodyweight is the composition of your tissue, and how healthy you are.

An easy check and balance on your overall progress is to try on clothes from a year or two ago. Do they still fit? If yes, great! If no, then hit the treaedmill, clean-up your diet, drink lots of water, and you'll be back in them in no time at all. :pumpyouup:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Muscle gain. It's good, especially with lifting weights, because that burns fat faster, if that's your target.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Lifting weights will add weight, because muscle weighs more than fat.

If your goal is weight loss, focus on cardio work (running, biking, swimming) and cut your caloric intake.

It is very difficult to lose fat and add muscle simultaneously - one requires calorie deficit, the other a surplus. Do one, then the other.