• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How often do you wash your clothing?

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Hygiene falls under health yes?

I'm curious how often you wash your shirts and pants (or dresses), assuming just normal indoors wear with no spills and such. I sort of assume that socks and undergarments get a single use.

My personal upbringing is that shirts get one day while pants are a bit more vague and just get thrown in whenever I do laundry.

D

Dali

I sort of assume that socks and undergarments get a single use.

My personal upbringing is that shirts get one day while pants are a bit more vague and just get thrown in whenever I do laundry.

This.

Pants could be anywhere from 1 - 4 (not consecutive) days depending on the material and duration of wear.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Well, I normally throw shirts in the basket after one day. Pants, however, two-three days I believe...

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Pants as in trousers. For a minute I thought you were referring to underwear and was a little taken back. : P

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
OH! i mean trousers of course!!! otherwise i would be disgusting!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
almost everything gets washed after one wearing... I take it off and throw it in the laundry. Exception being jeans, which aren't supposed to be washed all too often... they get longer amounts of time before washing :yes:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Shirts: 1 wear, unless it's fancy and takes a bunch of pressing, so it may get more

Shorts/skirts: 1-2 wears

Khaki pants: 1-2 wears

Jeans: 3-4 wears

Hoodies/sweatshirts (don't touch the skin much): up to 6 wears

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Basically the same as above, though shirts often get two wears.

The real question is, how often do you change the bedsheets? What about towels?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Hygiene falls under health yes?

I'm curious how often you wash your shirts and pants (or dresses), assuming just normal indoors wear with no spills and such. I sort of assume that socks and undergarments get a single use.

I really value my clothes so I don't throw them into the wash with 1 wear. Not even 2 wears. Unless I am sweating excessively or have been around a lot of smoke etc. 'normal wear' for me is pretty easy wear.

From experience, washing takes an immediate toll on clothing, fading color, shrinking clothes, making things look shabby...I also have a large number of clothes that are delicate, beaded, sequined, etc. Cotton shirts and work out clothes I'm more likely to throw into the washer because it can take the beating.

Oh man...thinking about it, I should really dry clean more of my clothes but I'll invest in that Dryel (at home) stuff.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
do you all..

a) own a lot of clothes?
b) have very convenient washing/drying facilities?
c) have strong body odor?
d) have very high standards?
e) have hired help?

:shock: :rofl1:

i'm onlf half kidding..

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Basically the same as above, though shirts often get two wears.

Bedsheets about once a week.

Towels get one day, which can be one or two showers, depending if I do workouts in the evening or not.

do you all..

a) own a lot of clothes?
b) have very convenient washing/drying facilities?
c) have strong body odor?
d) have very high standards?
e) have hired help?

:shock: :rofl1:

i'm onlf half kidding..

My habits are more or less owing to my upbringing. Used fabrics went into the hamper after a single use, except jeans and bedsheets.

I started this thread because I noticed, as Cze mentioned, that my clothing seems to fade and wear quickly despite not being hard on them at all. Maybe I wash my shirts too often. Or maybe I just need a lot more shirts.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I started this thread because I noticed, as Cze mentioned, that my clothing seems to fade and wear quickly despite not being hard on them at all. Maybe I wash my shirts too often. Or maybe I just need a lot more shirts.

Yes to both! LOL.

I think it's a conspiracy between clothing manufacturers and detergent companies so that people keep buying both.

chooi

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
For me, as the typical college bum...as little as possible! I know that might gross some of you out, but I don't really have a lot of body odor (I don't wear deo). For my clothes to stink, I would have to profusely sweat in them, throw them in a dark corner and let them ferment. No lie, one time after a wrestling match my socks smelled like honey (my teammates agreed with me). Underwear and socks (when I wear socks) are usually a one time deal, though.

I'm also somewhat of a self-proclaimed hippie, so I don't like to waste the water.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I tend to get my clothes visibly dirty whenever I wear them (I ride my bicycle everywhere) so I HAVE to wash them most of the time :doh:

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Coming from a poor background, it was very important to me to look as nice as possible, which meant keeping clothes clean while not wearing them out ( as I couldn't afford to replace nice things ). So, that meant a lot of attention on how I washed my clothes ( meaning inside out, cold water, possibly no dryer), and making sure that I kept them clean while using the gentlest detergent I could find.

As a result, I still have things from 15 years ago. I don't think it's reasonable for most people to be so fastidious with their clothes, but I just can't stand wearing things twice without washing them.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Generally, I don't wear a set of clothes I didn't wash, and three days is about the longest I'll wear one set of clothes, but two days is more common.

So, I wash my clothes every time I need to take a shower and realize that I don't have clean clothes left. Given the number of pairs of underwear I have, that amounts to about every two and a half weeks.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I wash my shirts after 1 or 2 times of wearing them. Usually one, but if I only wore it for a few hours in the evening, I'll wear it again before washing.

I wash my jeans like once per 4 times I wear them, unless I wear them in a smoky bar or get some food on them.

Bras I wear for like 2 weeks before washing them. Hopefully that's not too gross. I guess I wash them more in the summer when I get really sweaty.

Socks and panties--the usual wash:wear 1:1 ratio.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shirts are usually 1-2 wears, depending on how long & where I wore them.
Shorts & skirts are about 2-3 wears.
Dresses - 1-2 wears, depending on the dress.
Jeans - around 4 wears.
Bras - 3-4 wears each.
Anything that has to be dry cleaned - as long as I can get away with it.

I change my sheets every week. I change my bath towel about once a week which is 4 showers or so (I don't shower everyday, more like every other day - I'm one of those "dirty" NFPs :cheese:. Really, I just don't do much to get "dirty".). I used to use a new towel every other shower, but it's too much laundry.

Coming from a poor background, it was very important to me to look as nice as possible, which meant keeping clothes clean while not wearing them out ( as I couldn't afford to replace nice things ). So, that meant a lot of attention on how I washed my clothes ( meaning inside out, cold water, possibly no dryer), and making sure that I kept them clean while using the gentlest detergent I could find.

As a result, I still have things from 15 years ago. I don't think it's reasonable for most people to be so fastidious with their clothes, but I just can't stand wearing things twice without washing them.

My family struggled financially growing up, and I too became fastidious about how my clothes were washed, because if something got ruined or worn out too fast, that was it - it was gone & usually not replaced. I only recently got rid of (as in donated, because they were still in decent shape) clothes from as far back as 8th grade (12 years ago), mainly because I have TOO many clothes now :D .