• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How often do you wash your clothing?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me? Never. My aunt does all my laundry every 2-3 days.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wash everything after one wear, even sweaters and hoodies. Cold water, bare minimum detergent.

Sheets and towels I change out once a week, and they get washed in hot water with bleach.

I have a washer and dryer in my house. That does make it easier!

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Before I studied abroad, I used to use towels only one day before washing, and wash all clothes after one wear. But while in France I learned that it's perfectly acceptable to wear the same clothes multiple times in a row without washing, plus washing is a pain the arse and expensive. Since, then I wear jeans and other pants until they are smelly, have visible dirt, or start feeling too loose and slouchy. Shirts probably 3 or 4 times unless I get really sweaty or get something on them. Sweaters, many times unless I get something on them.

Undies and socks get one use, of course. Well, I'll wear bras multiple times, but not panties. :blush:

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
T-shirts get two uses at most. Trousers get app. four days. Hoodies until they get really smelly or I get something on them (like ketchup... bloody ketchup). Panties and socks get one use only. Skirts until they get dirty or are otherwise not suitable for wear. Sheets get a week, and towels four days (generally, the towels get changed whenever I wash my hair - so about two times a week).

I wish they'd iron themselves though. *glances at the clothes drying in the garden* I'm going to have a lot of ironing to do tonight.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I wash my clothes when they are dirty.

I like to make my clothes last long so I don't wash them after one wear. Even if I spill something on it, if it's not to bad I will spot clean it. I also am hippieish and like to save water/energy/ materials etc.

underwear gets one wear
pants and shorts get one wear if I don't wear underwear, with underwear it might take 6-8 wears before I feel they need to be washed.

Shirts can be once or many times. I usually use a smell test for them.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Pretty much a combination of dirty hippy and poor college student.

Detergent is expensive, clothes get washed when the laundry bag gets filled up.

My biking/exercise clothes get washed more often, but everything else is up to how dirty it looks/smells.

onceuponatime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Everything gets washed after I wear it except for a few pieces of denim that I haven't washed for a couple years.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I started this thread because I noticed, as Cze mentioned, that my clothing seems to fade and wear quickly despite not being hard on them at all. Maybe I wash my shirts too often. Or maybe I just need a lot more shirts.
I never wear shirts more than one day, and sometimes even change after work - though I don't care as much if I'm just at home, I could wear a shirt on the weekend, sat-sun. Shirts smell even with deodorant, they press against your armpits and absorb sweat all day! socks too, unless I don't take them off at night, then they don't feel gross to put on.

Pants can go a week or more, whenever I do a load of laundry (I had only one pair of jeans I wore every day, for a while. Now I have 2-3 - but a lot of shirts/socks to support my slack laundry habits). Sweaters go until they're dirty or smell (can be a while for a loose hoodie). Towels are pretty much infinite use, I wash them whenever I do a load of whites though. Skirts are also infinite, unless they;re horribly wrinkled or more commonly, spilled on.

I'm really jealous of you people whose shirts don't smell after 1+ day! I didn't know that existed...or maybe I'm just really sensitive to the smell, or really smelly myself, lol. Everyone I know in RL wears shirts only once and pants multiple times, though.

edit: especially guys! how is that possible!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After one wear. Except for sports coats and ties.

peterson

Jeans I wear quite a few times because I usually only wear them for a few hours unless they get stained. Tops get washed after one wearing.work pants,skirts,shorts get worn 2-3 times unless stained. Heavy winter sweaters get worn twice.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Shirts and undergarments get worn once. Jeans get worn 3-4 times. Sweatshirts are usually worn for a week.

lastrailway

Once a week. Underwear, socks, t-shirts and shirts worn once, trousers and hoodies about 4-5 times, coats I can go a month without washing it.

Cephalonimbus

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm a sniffer. I don't care for how long i've worn something -- as long as it smells fresh, i will wear it. Although i avoid wearing the same shirt two consecutive days, just to keep up appearances. I always rotate through a couple of outfits.

Underwear and socks are an obvious exception to the sniffing method, but i must admit i sniff those too sometimes. They just never pass the test :D

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i live where housekeepers are relatively inexpensive.
so whenever, the housekeeper comes. she deals with it.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I recently had a convo with an INTP that i value the opinion of regarding this. We discussed the overwashing of clothing. Namely that so many items are washed while they are still clean. This is bad for a number of reasons. The most obvious being the amount of energy they use, and (the) cost.
If i have a top that has a big glob of oil on it or smells bad then yes of course i wash it. It seems incredibly pointless and wasteful to wash items that are clean simply because they have been worn once.