• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

food diary works for me

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Not such a great day today. I didn't log my dinner but I probably went 300-400 calories over my target and I didn't do my normal hour of walking.

I am not even going to bother logging dinner at this point since I'm completely done for the day. Back at it tomorrow!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Best day i've had so far:

Eaten: 1499
Burned: 232
Water: 9 cups

Probably going to be the best night for a while :laugh:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Toniq = 80
Vitamin water = 100
Shrimp = 77
Sauce = 30
Olive oil = 120
Bread = 120
Pizza = 238
Apple = 60
Cantalope = 23

=848 total

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Watermelon = 40
Apple= 95
Tortilla chips = 138
Baked potato chips= 65
Tortilla soup = 50
hot dog = 150
crescent roll = 110
mango = 55
Root beer = 164

=867

I think eating is causing me anxiety issues. Every time I eat, a little while later, anxiety of something unrelated comes up...

gromit

likes this
Me too... but if that's the case (and perhaps I'm missing the point here) I guess why do you/people keep track then?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Me too... but if that's the case (and perhaps I'm missing the point here) I guess why do you/people keep track then?

It's mostly so you don't just eat anything. It's less about amounts and more about what, I think.

wolfy

awsm
People keep track for lots of reasons. To hold themselves accountable, to measure calories, to measure nutrient intake, because they have a pedantic streak a mile wide, so they can look back and see what worked. There are ways of calculating calories you need if that is your thing. You can go the learn the correct principles and play it by ear route too.

I've done both. It is a pretty good idea to keep a log for a bit. Then you learn your habits and what foods are best value.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I seem to have lost 3 lbs this way. However, its also seems likely that I'm just that dehydrated, lol

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
For me, it is because I am completely ignorant about what I am supposed to eat. I know a few basic things like "fried foods are bad" but otherwise, clueless. I have always known my diet is bad because I'm overweight, but I don't really know why.

It really helps me to log in to livestrong and say "i ate it" every time I eat something. I see how far it moves me toward over the limit instantly. It is helping me learn and is changing my behavior.

gromit

likes this
Do you guys go to a dietician to find the number of calories or something or is there some sort of formula or what?

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm doing ~2000 a day net (eaten minus burned during exercise) and I am losing around 2 lbs/week so far. I'm probably getting closer to 2500 calories most days.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't think I get enough calories, because I did this on a day where I felt I ate a ton it was only 1000 calories. But like today I'm not really hungry and all I've had is one serving of pasta some coffee and water, and probably won't be hungry again until dinner which i don't know what I'm eating probably a piece of pizza.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't think I get enough calories, because I did this on a day where I felt I ate a ton it was only 1000 calories. But like today I'm not really hungry and all I've had is one serving of pasta some coffee and water, and probably won't be hungry again until dinner which i don't know what I'm eating probably a piece of pizza.
Wow. I had almost 800 at lunch today.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you guys go to a dietician to find the number of calories or something or is there some sort of formula or what?

I'm using an app on the iPhone to figure out how much I should be getting a day to get to the weight I want. I think one of the apps actually broke down how to figure out the formula, but I can't remember it... And since I'm lazy I just let the app figure it out for me. It adjusts depending on how much weight I've lost. :D