• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

food diary works for me

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For about 2 weeks now i have keeping a food diary, i lost 6 lbs aready and can fit back in to my old dresses! I track the date, time, calories, and food I eat, i am averaging about 1200 calories daily. 8 more pounds to go and Im back to the weight I was in my early 20's! Yippy!

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've been doing this using the 'livestrong' iphone app. Anytime I eat or exercise I look up the item and say 'i ate this' or 'i did this' and it keeps track of how many calories i have left for the day. Just tracking it has changed my behavior. Lost 3 lbs the first week. wheeee!

Lark

I'm going to start doing this I reckon since I hear you guys raving about it, how do you know calories and stuff? I'm just going to start and record stuff I eat for two weeks at least.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've been doing this using the 'livestrong' iphone app. Anytime I eat or exercise I look up the item and say 'i ate this' or 'i did this' and it keeps track of how many calories i have left for the day. Just tracking it has changed my behavior. Lost 3 lbs the first week. wheeee!
That's a good site. Not doing it right now, but I liked it when I did.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm going to start doing this I reckon since I hear you guys raving about it, how do you know calories and stuff? I'm just going to start and record stuff I eat for two weeks at least.

You can find out calories by looking at the nutrition information on the food packaging, if there isnt any you can easily find calories online :).

NOTE: Every 3,500 calories you eat is equivalent to one pound.

So, if you cut back 500 calories a day, you should lose about one pound per week.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
In my case, I use the livestrong iphone app and so far it has had everything I have eaten already in the database. You don't have to have a phone to use it. You can do it all online at MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i bet if i made a food diary it would be how the hell are you still alive?

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The weird thing is, I don't eat bad stuff as much because I'm embarrassed to put it in the diary. No joke.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Totally me too :) Dont want it to look bad haha, Its psychological. It also helped me to keep a consistant eating schedule. Im 2 pounds away from losing what I call "having a boyfriend and being to comfortable fat". I gained 15 lbs with my current boyfriend. Plus 15 lbs from my ex boyfriend (havnt lost that yet) LAME! My goal is to get rid of all the extra pounds by August.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah I'm trying to lose about 30 myself. Hopefully by Novermber or so but it could happen even earlier if I stick with it.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I always heard 1-2 lbs per week is the "healthy" way to go about it. Is that not true? How much are you thinking is reasonable? At my weight, I can eat 2026 calories per day and lose 1.5 lbs per week. I haven't had my own metabolism measured or anything, I'm just going based on averages I guess.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I always heard 1-2 lbs per week is the "healthy" way to go about it. Is that not true? How much are you thinking is reasonable? At my weight, I can eat 2026 calories per day and lose 1.5 lbs per week. I haven't had my own metabolism measured or anything, I'm just going based on averages I guess.

I don't know, even limiting my calories or making them more, it takes me a year to go 10 pounds either way.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Are you pretty close to your ideal weight now? Even if I lose 30 lbs I will technically still be overweight according to BMI (I don't agree with that, but I am on the fat side). I think that makes it easier to lose than if you are already closer to a good weight.

Also I run a lot, and when I am training for a long race it falls off easily.

I can sometimes fluctuate 3-4 lbs or more within the same day. Mostly from water loss from running.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Are you pretty close to your ideal weight now? Even if I lose 30 lbs I will technically still be overweight according to BMI (I don't agree with that, but I am on the fat side). I think that makes it easier to lose than if you are already closer to a good weight.

Also I run a lot, and when I am training for a long race it falls off easily.

I can sometimes fluctuate 3-4 lbs or more within the same day. Mostly from water loss from running.

Actually, no, I'm really far from my "ideal" weight, I'm like 30-some pounds overweight, and considering how tiny I am that's a hell of a lot.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hmmmmm... interesting. Are you active at all? Have you tried keeping a food diary?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hmmmmm... interesting. Are you active at all? Have you tried keeping a food diary?

I'm not active because being active is too painful.

I haven't kept a food diary yet. I've been thinking about it but it's extremely difficult for me to keep track of calories because I always end up eating "nonstandard" measures.