• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

food diary works for me

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm using an app on the iPhone to figure out how much I should be getting a day to get to the weight I want. I think one of the apps actually broke down how to figure out the formula, but I can't remember it... And since I'm lazy I just let the app figure it out for me. It adjusts depending on how much weight I've lost. :D
Yeah, same. Which app are you using? I started with 'Lost it' and quickly changed to 'livestrong.' Someone told me about another one yesterday but I can't remember it now.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, same. Which app are you using? I started with 'Lost it' and quickly changed to 'livestrong.' Someone told me about another one yesterday but I can't remember it now.

I'm currently using MyNetDiary, before that I was using Lose It, I think... I tried to find the livestrong one, but couldn't find it the other day for some reason. :(

MyNetDiary is kinda nice because I can scan a barcode and it fills in the nutrition information from that. Most of the time at least.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm currently using MyNetDiary, before that I was using Lose It, I think... I tried to find the livestrong one, but couldn't find it the other day for some reason. :(

MyNetDiary is kinda nice because I can scan a barcode and it fills in the nutrition information from that. Most of the time at least.
Oh that does sound nice!

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh that does sound nice!

Lose It was lacking in the brand name department, whereas this one seems to list a lot more than that, so I'm not constantly inputting stats on my own... Though I seem to have about a 50% rate chance that the barcode will produce a result... Thankfully, I can usually find the item by looking up the brand name anyway. So it's still better than having to punch in all the info!

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Lose It was lacking in the brand name department, whereas this one seems to list a lot more than that, so I'm not constantly inputting stats on my own... Though I seem to have about a 50% rate chance that the barcode will produce a result... Thankfully, I can usually find the item by looking up the brand name anyway. So it's still better than having to punch in all the info!
Yeah, I was constantly having to enter stuff in on my own with Lose It, which is why I went to livestrong. It has a huge database, most restaurants are even in there if they are the slightest bit of a chain at all. But it doesn't have the barcode stuff. I have to search based on the brand.

G

Glycerine

Less than 1200, hap? Unless you're shorter than me (4'11-5'), that's insanely low. My doctor even gave me a serious talking to when I told her I eat 1000-1200 calories a day.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The lowest intake per day recommended for women is 1,200 calories, unless they are in a medically-supervised, very low-calorie regimen
Below that, it can be harder to lose weight because your body knows it's starving and starts conserving energy - AND you risk malnutrition, particularly if some of those calories are from things like coke. And you'll feel like you have no energy, and exercising will be painful, making it harder to lose weight. And you might get really grumpy, too (I do).

And if you're active or male, the lowest amount is higher than 1200.

source: government website Tips for losing weight: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

healthy eating >> restricted eating

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Less than 1200, hap? Unless you're shorter than me (4'11-5'), that's insanely low. My doctor even gave me a serious talking to when I told her I eat 1000-1200 calories a day.

Below that, it can be harder to lose weight because your body knows it's starving and starts conserving energy - AND you risk malnutrition, particularly if some of those calories are from things like coke. And you'll feel like you have no energy, and exercising will be painful, making it harder to lose weight. And you might get really grumpy, too (I do).

And if you're active or male, the lowest amount is higher than 1200.

source: government website Tips for losing weight: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

healthy eating >> restricted eating

I'm 5'4", neither active nor male, and actually I feel a lot better than before I started. Exercising has always been extremely painful for me, no matter what I eat, so this doesn't make a difference in the amount of pain I experience.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
what does it have to do with making anonymous faces on the internet happy? you're behaving very unhealthily, making excuses when people try to give you ideas and facts to look into, and then you can't figure out why you feel so horribly.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ive done tons of research on calories, the lowest you should go is 1200 calories for sure.

Try short term goals! If you want to get down to 140 pounds eat 1400 calories a day, 130 pounds eat 1300 calories, 120 pounds eat 1200 calories etc...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I've experienced much less pain at 1,000 calories a day than what I did before.

If I go back up it will hurt again... I at least want to get down to a BMI of 24 so people will take all this pain seriously.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The bad thing about eating not enough calories is that it could trick your body in to starvation mode.

Your metabolism could get f*cked up....making you burn calories at a slower rate. You would wouldnt lose as much weight.

Something to think about! Be careful!!!!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The bad thing about eating not enough calories is that it could trick your body in to starvation mode.

Your metabolism could get f*cked up....making you burn calories at a slower rate. You would wouldnt lose as much weight.

Something to think about! Be careful!!!!

My body has always had a very slow metabolism, I think. At least my recovery rate for pretty much everything has been slow.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
hi hap, i don't mean to be pushy but i agree with the others that consuming that few calories a day doesn't sound healthy. it might be easier to maintain a 1200-calorie diet for longer than an 800-calorie diet, making it easier to keep weight permanently off. but, anyway, i wish you luck!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
A problem, I think is that I don't usually wake up early enough to eat breakfast...

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Eaten: 2303
Burned: 1246

My calorie intake keeps varying a lot due to my Zumba class. I had no idea what to do with myself the first night i calculated it :laugh:. I'm still adjusting it.
A problem, I think is that I don't usually wake up early enough to eat breakfast...

Contemplate little foods that can add up. A yogurt here. An apple there. Etc. You might be surprised. If you have to be anywhere, try to have things on hand that you can eat on the go.