• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

food diary works for me

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
jumping on the bandwagon, what i've had so far

a redbull=275
oatmeal w peanutbutter and honey=344
pasta w sauce (sauce was a spicey tomato sauce with cream cheese mixed in)=340
coffee black=2

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
So I had 1 serving glutenous rice = 150
2 slices lunch meat = 70
Carrots = 24

= 394 total for today + And then I went and screwed everything up by making a caramelized peach. I mean how the fuck am I supposed to count that?

Looking it up I guess a caramelized peach without the ice cream is about 113 calories.

=507 for the day.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have read that 1200 calories is the lowest you should go so becareful! :)

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
At only 507 calories for the day, the reason you are having trouble losing might be that you aren't eating enough. If your body thinks you aren't going to give it enough good, it goes into starvation mode and conserves.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
At only 507 calories for the day, the reason you are having trouble losing might be that you aren't eating enough. If your body thinks you aren't going to give it enough good, it goes into starvation mode and conserves.

Well, 507 calories at the beginning of the day and then 700 late at night will totally screw with my blood sugar. :huh:

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If I do that at this point I'll just be stuffing my face with junk.

There is barely any room for junk on a 1200 calorie diet! Girlfriend you need to do some research :) read up on calories and weight loss.

True true! Your metabolism could get screwed. Definitly do some research on calories and weightloss online.

Knowledge is Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah, I don't think you should eat a bunch right now. Maybe try to get an earlier start tomorrow. :) You don't have to be perfect every day.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
My metabolism is already screwed.

Mom made some sausage earlier.

sausage = 230

Orange = 65

maybe I can fry a potato to go with?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Go for it ;) and throw some siracha hot sauce on it while your at it. Potatos are my fave <3.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^ mmmm love that hot sauce!

also wanting to start diary. think i made it to around 1200 today, perhaps a bit over with a drink or two. tomorrow is a new day!

main point is to wean myself off emotional/bored eating, which i fall into from time to time. when i don't snack and am my fairly active normal self, i feel at my optimal weight/fitness. it's really the night-eating, the emotional cookie monster that pushes me ever so slightly over the line.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Eww hot sauce.

1 turkey beer sausage = 230

Home fries with cajun dust = 120

Orange = 65

Iced tea with milk = 30

Grand total: 952

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can tell a difference when I veer away from keeping my food diary. When I actually track the calories, fat, carbs, protein, etc. I lose at least a pound a week.... When I branch away from it, I usually maintain the same weight or gain weight. For me it's the guilt of seeing junk food in my diary that keeps me from eating it... I feel shame if I have to record it. It really does work if you stick to it and don't cheat! Speaking of food diary... I need to record this morning's breakfast!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Breakfast(probably/Lunch)

Home fries with Cajun Dust = 120

Orange = 65

=185

Also, I took my last antibiotic this morning.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
cheese quesadilla = 240

Nectarine = 60

300+185= 485

...I'm really bad at this.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I am at 1284 so far today.

Haphazard, I think you just need to eat more!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Spaghetti + meat sauce = 255
Garlic bread = 160

=900

The night is still young.

EDIT:

Movie night!

Popcorn: 75

Coke: 90

Ice cream: 175

= 335

total = 1,235

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I used to use a program called DietPower. I really enjoyed it. Over the past few days, i've started utilizing Sparkpeople.com to track calories and cardio.
It's nice to have a readout that i can gradually make adjustments to. It even has a nice little water-counter, which i've needed to be aware of for a while.
I've slacked :whistling: