• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any suggestions on how to manage Brain Fog?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
And how to unstress, how to destress the body to unbrainfog hahah so I can think clearly again.

Brain fog is defined as a feeling of being somewhat disconnected or spaced out, mentally confused and lacking clarity, focus and concentration. Other symptoms may include a decrease in short-term memory, reduced attention span and the onset of forgetfulness. The condition can present itself slowly over a short period of time or progress very quickly.

Individuals who suffer from brain fog will describe the feeling of being zoned out, detached, and “stuck inside their head.” Some sufferers also report that they feel a tingling on top of their head, a sensation of cotton balls being in their head, and an impairment in their vision.

This, it just happened from over stressed adrenal glands, at first I thought hypoglycemia. While I avoid sugar, my attention wavers a lot and affects my cognition.

wolfy

awsm
My attention wavers a lot. I think exercise and diet would help. I find short sprints or jumping up and down clears my head in the short term. Making time to just let my mind wander helps too.

gromit

likes this
Exercise. Meditation. Eating slowly. Getting enough sleep.

Edit: also not getting too much sleep.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Thanks. I wish exercise was that simple an answer. While the blood circulation does help. Doing a lot makes me ill, its getting better. And a lot means 10-20mins these days. so I try to do what I can in that respect.

The last few years something extra has happened, I get this water bubble that forms then goes away and my body while in pain, cracks like an old person. As if I'm not getting enough calcium but I am. I've tried taking Vit D and more calcium and all sorts of things but this shit just isn't going away.

When I do push ups my hands are too weak to maintain my body, and yet I am thin now. It hurts to go past only 10 push ups and I used to do 20-30 easily once and this was when I was heavy.

The same with lifting weights. I start, i feel the rush, I can maintain the effect, actually i can do pretty well and lift 50-70 kilos reasonably easily. Except the same thing happens, my muscles instead of rewarding me for this do the opposite and the wear and tear on my body is telling even after I'm doing it for a long time.

Its the adrenals causing me muscle weakness.

But the absolute worst is the Brain Fog. I zone out so comprehensively even when I want to talk, say anything, I'm helpless do so.

I dislike this feeling.

I get these days where I get really switched on like I used to and my thoughts are clear. Then it goes away like a switch and I am back to naught.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The basics:

How much sleep are you getting now? The average requirement is anywhere from 6.5 to 9 hours a night. If you aren't currently getting at least 8 hours a night, start there. (You can try reducing sleep times from there if all goes well.)

If intense exercise is too much for you right now, just try adding more light activity. Walk a few times a day, preferably outside in the sun. Do errands around the house. It'll help you fall asleep at night.

Nutrition. What's your diet like? Do you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables? Nuts? Beans? Lean meats like fish, turkey, and chicken?

Take breaks to relax your mind throughout the day. You should probably take a break from thinking every hour or so (when you START to feel the fog). Step away from the computer, your work, etc, and go for a walk, take a nap, grab a snack. Just something to give your mind 20 or so minute break. Meditation is also a great option, but I don't know much about it.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The basics:

How much sleep are you getting now? The average requirement is anywhere from 6.5 to 9 hours a night. If you aren't currently getting at least 8 hours a night, start there. (You can try reducing sleep times from there if all goes well.)

If intense exercise is too much for you right now, just try adding more light activity. Walk a few times a day, preferably outside in the sun. Do errands around the house. It'll help you fall asleep at night.

Nutrition. What's your diet like? Do you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables? Nuts? Beans? Lean meats like fish, turkey, and chicken?

Take breaks to relax your mind throughout the day. You should probably take a break from thinking every hour or so (when you START to feel the fog). Step away from the computer, your work, etc, and go for a walk, take a nap, grab a snack. Just something to give your mind 20 or so minute break. Meditation is also a great option, but I don't know much about it.

Proper 8 hours of sleep I get, hurts to stay up later.
Used to be a proper insomniac where it didn't hurt to stay up late and functioned very well, almost opposite of that these days.

Yes I do walks though not as often as I should.

Yep lots of protein, wholemeal, veggies and fruit intake, supplements even.

I tried meditation a few years back, couldn't focus. While they say its meant to create better focus somehow the static doesn't help. Different to overthinking, I had that too where I couldn't switch off my mind. Nowadays its just a blankness static, brainfog.

The more I do the less energy I have. The fog is still there and its most frustrating.