• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

96% of all women think they're too fat.

Fecal McAngry

According to this source about 62% of women are overweight - American Obesity Association - AOA Fact Sheets

"For women, ages 20 to 74, 62 percent are overweight"

But again I think part of that is because we haven't accurately defined what the ideal weight is for every woman. My friend who is 5'6 and 140lbs is technically borderline overweight but I can't imagine what else she could do to be smaller, which means that she is probably at her ideal weight right now since she doesn't have any other underlying health problems.

I'm technically underweight according to these charts but if I were to eat any more I would be at serious risk for developing heart disease and type II diabetes. I typically eat whatever I want so if I wanted to gain weight I'd have to switch to a diet of nothing but deep fried twinkies or something (and honestly I'm not even sure if that would make me gain any weight) since I currently go through a can of pringles a day between meals when I can't leave my lab. That happens at least 3 or 4 times a week and nothing. I just don't tend to gain weight.

Unfortunately, "these charts" still go by BMI, which is absurdly flawed. Ridiculous example: INTJ Dorian Yates, in the picture below, weighed 269 lbs at a height of 5'10" which = a BMI of 38.6; 25-30 is defined as overweight, over 30 is defined as obese.

1213450193_3.jpg

MBTI Type
ENTP
people die in hospitals. it doesn't mean the science of medicine is flawed.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I am one of the four percent. I don't think that I am fat.
On the other hand, I could stand to be a little taller...:hi:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Unfortunately, "these charts" still go by BMI, which is absurdly flawed. Ridiculous example: INTJ Dorian Yates, in the picture below, weighed 269 lbs at a height of 5'10" which = a BMI of 38.6; 25-30 is defined as overweight, over 30 is defined as obese.

1213450193_3.jpg

Eww. That's just nasty.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
That guy's heart still has to work hard to pump blood through all that mass.