• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Healthiest Blueberry Muffins In The World

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You will not need eggs, butter, margarine, buttermilk, or even very much vegetable oil to make these. And they will still be delicious (unless your tastebuds are WEAK and need 400 calories of nutritional emptiness and sugar in the muffins you eat in order to be satisfied).

YOU WILL NEED

dry stuff
2 ¾ cup multigrain flour
1 cup rolled oatmeal
¾ cup wheat bran
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/4 cup Ovaltine
5 tsp milled ground flax seed
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt (small one okay)

fruits
2 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana
1 cup thing of applesauce- unsweetened

liquids
Splash (couple tbsp) veg. oil
1.5 tsp vanilla
couple tbsp water

HOW TO DO IT

(1) Preheat oven to 375 deg. Celcius
(2) Grease the pan
(3) Microwave 1 cup skim milk for 30 seconds, then add Couple tsp lemon juice. Stir it and let it sit. After you’ve finished mixing the dry ingredients, stir it and microwave it for 30 seconds again. Hopefully it’s clumpy. (this is supposed to replace buttermilk)
(4) Thoroughly mix these dry ingredients together:
2 ¾ cup multigrain flour
1 cup rolled oatmeal
¾ cup wheat bran
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/4 cup ovaltine
5 tsp milled ground flax seed
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 cup frozen blueberries

(5) Blend these ingredients with your clumpy milk until very pureed:
1 banana
1 cup thing of applesauce- unsweetened
couple tbsp water

(6) Add the stuff you blended to your dry ingredients. Then add:
Splash (couple tbsp) veg. oil
1.5 tsp vanilla

(7) Mix it all together very well. Don’t worry, it’s supposed to look like shit.
(8) Bake for about 30minutes @ 375 deg.celcius. Will make about 15 medium-sized muffins.

Note: adding stuff like cocoa powder, or unsweetened dried coconut, or honey, or even cinnamon would probably be nice with it .. don’t go overboard with it though, esp. with the honey

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you. I love muffins, and I love blueberries more.

You've been away for a long time. Now I know that time was all spent searching for the healthiest blueberry muffins in the world.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
niffernifferniffer! so nice to see you again!

The recipe sounds a lot like the "plug in your own ingredients" one I use, which is my favorite. This much dry stuff, this much sweetener, this much applesauce or oil (BTW you can always sub applesauce for oil in any sweet baked item, it works great), whatever add-ins you want. I love making muffins, it's pretty much the only thing I bake well.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Holy freaking Wowzers! :drool:

Thank you SO much for this recipe!!! :worthy:

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nice to see you again MagiPor and Ivy! :D Lolol I basically just looked at existing healthy muffin recipes online, then added in even more substitutions for some of the ingredients.

Oberon, hopefully all of Redwall will enjoy them.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nice to see you again MagiPor and Ivy! :D Lolol I basically just looked at existing healthy muffin recipes online, then added in even more substitutions for some of the ingredients.

Awww. :(

I was hoping it involved many a criss-crossing journey around the world, by land, sea and sky, combing through deserts and scaling jungled mountains. Scriptures would be translated and idols would be stolen with the enlisted help of bedouins and witchdoctors. And all of this would be done in a race against a cadre of satanist Nazis to obtain the recipe for the healthiest blueberry muffins in the world.

Oh well. It still looks good.

Oberon, hopefully all of Redwall will enjoy them.

Wow. Somehow I never made a conection in my mind between Oberan and Redwall. Wow.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Awww. :(

I was hoping it involved many a criss-crossing journey around the world, by land, sea and sky, combing through deserts and scaling jungled mountains. Scriptures would be translated and idols would be stolen with the enlisted help of bedouins and witchdoctors. And all of this would be done in a race against a cadre of satanist Nazis to obtain the recipe for the healthiest blueberry muffins in the world.

Oh well. It still looks good.

I was about to, but my intuition told me that witchdoctors and Nazis don't know how to make muffins.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was about to, but my intuition told me that witchdoctors and Nazis don't know how to make muffins.

I agree about the Nazi. I disagree about the witchdoctors. You haven't had a muffin until you've had shrunken goat head muffins.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I wouldn't let any Nazis near my ovens. >_>

Shrunken goat head? I thought my asian grandma made weird animal bodyparts dishes, but that sounds a little more SAVOURY than usual. :D

lopez

Those look great!!! one questions though. why Splash veg. oil and not like olive oil or something? I love the taste of olive oil.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Olive oil is a vegetable oil. You could use any one you like.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought that olive oil shouldn't be cooked at high temperatures and so is bad for baking.

wolfy

awsm
You can use olive oil in baking. Used to use it all the time in the Italian bakery I worked in. Loses its health benefits when heated though.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
O RRY?

In any case, I have an irrational hatred of the stuff. A couple months ago I tried an olive oil and raw egg hair mask. It did not go very well.