• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Christmas cookies

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Most people are happy about the rampant food sharing at this time of year, neighbors dropping by with a plate of cookies, workplace holiday parties and big family dinners and such. I'm not. "why would anyone dread the holidays?" you may ask- because I can't eat a damned thing :(

within the past year, after months of tests and misery, I was diagnosed with celiac disease- which along with making me curse my Irish ancestry has restricted what I can eat severely. I can eat nothing containing gluten, which makes eating out and visiting friends hell- I'm now convinced that almost EVERYTHING includes gluten! :D

I'd love to be polite and eat what is offered to me, but it's really a bad idea, and when I say politely that I'm sorry, I can't eat that food people start to ask questions. Now I'd rather not describe what happens if I eat gluten to people- after all, it's kind of gross- and I was wondering if there's a polite way to tell people to bugger off!?

Can anyone please explain to me how to politely get out of eating food that can destroy my health without having to deal with embarassing questions? :blush: I don't want to be rude, but some people are too damned curious!
How about making a little brochure on the subject and carrying it with you?
You could offer it to those who can't refrain from asking annoying questions.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmmm... I should put my english major sister towards that! she gets tired of explaining as well! :D (same disorder for her as well!)

MerkW

Pardon the fact that I am interrupting a discussion here, but for some reason, I feel compelled to announce that at this very moment, the mere notion of Christmas cookies makes me want to vomit.

That is all.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Pardon the fact that I am interrupting a discussion here, but for some reason, I feel compelled to announce that at this very moment, the mere notion of Christmas cookies makes me want to vomit.

That is all.
I believe that signifies a severe latent emotional trauma. ;)

MerkW

I believe that signifies a severe latent emotional trauma. ;)

No. I simply ate too much. The odor of a freshly baked gingerbread-man would send the remains of my dinner gushing out of my mouth onto the carpet.

P.S. As you may have thus deduced, I enjoy describing mildly unappetizing images.

P.P.S. Not that this actually matters, but I actually don't have a carpet. Oh well.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
No. I simply ate too much. The odor of a freshly baked gingerbread-man would send the remains of my dinner gushing out of my mouth onto the carpet.

I hear you. I had a similar experience last night with Truffles. Amazing cure for a chocolaholic, if anyone has that particular problem. By the time the last truffle is coated in chocolate and rolled in sugar if you never smell chocolate again it will be too soon.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I hear you. I had a similar experience last night with Truffles. Amazing cure for a chocolaholic, if anyone has that particular problem. By the time the last truffle is coated in chocolate and rolled in sugar if you never smell chocolate again it will be too soon.
LOL! I know how you feel! My sister and I ate too many chocolate covered cherries one Christmas! Now all I have to do is smell one and I get a headache! :D