• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type most likely to be overweight?

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
Some people love food. While some people could give less of a **** about food in general. I think a lot of that has to do with how you think about it and your personality.

What types do you think are more likely to be overweight? and which ones are more likely to not be?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
What type is most likely to attempt nonsensical correlations between physiology and an abstract personality theory?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTP cat is not amused: :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Xl4ITbLRQ"].[/YOUTUBE]

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I just can't wait for someone to take the bait, and someone will.

Lord knows, someone will.

(probably a fatty, too, huh! :rolli:)

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
E__Ps, I_F_s, possibly _NT_s, _S_Js and _N_Js as well. I think it's pretty obvious, so absolutely no explanation necessary.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
This reminds me of that Vent convo I had with Kaizer where he went off on this rant about fat ESTJ men. I still have it recorded, so I listen again from time to time, it was frickin hilarious! :laugh:

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I just wanted to see what people had to say. NEVER MIND JEEZ

Ok, well here's what I have to say (for real).

There are a number of things that can lead to one being overweight, and there is a wide spectrum within the category of "overweight."

Morbid obesity is typically associated with a psychological addiction to food or some kind of hormonal ailment that causes defects in metabolism. Neither of these physiological conditions can be reasonably correlated to personality type.

Overweight on a less extreme scale can be due to a sedentary lifestyle (working 9-5 in a cubicle, for example), stress, lack of exercise, an unhealthy diet, hormonal changes, or a combination of all these things. Again, none of these can be reasonably correlated to personality type.

There are surely a number of other causal factors that we can attribute to being overweight, obesity, and bad physical health in general, but I seriously doubt that one could make a reasonable argument for why a physiological condition could or would be more common among certain groups within an abstract (and non-biologically founded) system of categorization.

It would be like asking "Which type is more likely to smoke?" or "Which type is more likely to have insomnia?" or "Which type is more likely to get skin cancer?" We can come up with speculative reasons for fun (Ne likes to do that), but at the end of the day, we know we're just speaking horseshit.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find that NPs are either really fat or really thin... I think its the inferior Si :rofl1: